New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

This is very nice!
New Physical, Fire, Chaos, and Poison support gems, but no love for Cold or Lightning?

And some CYA on Poison/DoT after nerfing it? -_-

We already have plenty of Fire damage help, which is why pure DPS builds gravitate towards Fire.

/disappointed
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>There won't be a character wipe with this Beta patch.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE!
"
sSasori wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
lots of love for poison and dot builds

ya nerf them then release some gems to cover it back up

Do you not realize that GGG planned it this way from the beginning of the DoT changes?

If GGG actually screwed up they could have just changed the damage values.

It was intentionally designed this way so you would have the option of doing DoT specific builds. Currently there are no good supports specifically focused for DoT, thats why they have been pretty horrible in beta.

If they didnt incorporate supports then DoT builds wouldnt feel like unique builds. If DoT based builds simply had the base values increased, people with DoT build would be running around doing anything an attack based build could, but with 4 links instead of 6. This would immediately create a DoT meta because 4 links are so easy to get, while it can take considerable investment to get a 6 link.

I dont understand how some people can be so simple minded.
Seriously I suck in math, this is gonna make me cry :( Way to complicate FML
I really like the new support gems and some even have cool effects and not only "added/more x stats" please release some with cool effects like cast while channeling was something like "affected by warcry / curse / bloodrage / tempestshield / etc."

Thank you.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
New Physical, Fire, Chaos, and Poison support gems, but no love for Cold or Lightning?

And some CYA on Poison/DoT after nerfing it? -_-

We already have plenty of Fire damage help, which is why pure DPS builds gravitate towards Fire.

/disappointed

Im just going to go ahead and copy and past my response to someone else to you as well since you seem to be suffering the same lack of understanding.

Do you not realize that GGG planned it this way from the beginning of the DoT changes?

If GGG actually screwed up they could have just changed the damage values.

It was intentionally designed this way so you would have the option of doing DoT specific builds. Currently there are no good supports specifically focused for DoT, thats why they have been pretty horrible in beta.

If they didnt incorporate supports then DoT builds wouldnt feel like unique builds. If DoT based builds simply had the base values increased, people with DoT build would be running around doing anything an attack based build could, but with 4 links instead of 6. This would immediately create a DoT meta because 4 links are so easy to get, while it can take considerable investment to get a 6 link.

And additionally, why are you concerned about cold and lightning? they dont apply DoT, do you not know what GGG's focus is on right now?. DoT builds are going to become a unique type of build and its not going to be easy to balance, there is a lot to consider in this game. In fact im surprised they're doing so much with it at all considering the amount of work theyre putting into making 6 new acts and having to rebalance almost everything in the game including monster HP levels, damage levels, quest reward progression, gear progression etc..

Again,

My problem with theses support gem is that they are only number, except Maim on hit. It's cool but it could have be more exciting, a bit more visual...
Double dipping compensation and physical huge buff ? It like it :D !
Great, new Fire support. Because the existing 3,456,287 Fire Support gems/skills clearly weren't enough.

Seriously GGG, what's with the "fire" fixation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info