New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

Way to much at one time. I'd prefer 3-5 gems at a time, otherwise I'm going to be spending the majority of my beta just trying to remember which gems do what instead of playing. Instead maybe release like 1 melee gem, 1 DOT/less used gem, 1 spell gem, and then 2 new look how big my D*** is gem.
"
Bladerunner83 wrote:
Way to much at one time. I'd prefer 3-5 gems at a time, otherwise I'm going to be spending the majority of my beta just trying to remember which gems do what instead of playing. Instead maybe release like 1 melee gem, 1 DOT/less used gem, 1 spell gem, and then 2 new look how big my D*** is gem.

You know theres a wiki right? or you could just bookmark this page for the new ones?
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
What does "Increased Effect" means???
Does it means for Poison:
1) Increase in damage.
2) Increase in duration.
And does it calculates at the end like MORE? (like Increased damage enemy takes)!

Hey what about:
Assassin Crit Poison build:
Quill Rain + Perfect Agony node.
Barrage/TS + Added Chaos damage support + Deadly Alignment support + Vile Toxins Support + Faster Attack + ???

Also I want to ask you:
Decay can be stack? Or it is Like Bleed only 1 at a time with greatest damage?

Decay doesnt stack, each hit will only refresh the time.
"
Tuomari wrote:
What is the difference between "More physical damage" and "increased physical damage" in Maim support gem?

"Increased" applies to the base damage before "more" multipliers, heres an example.

100 base damage + no modifiers = 100 total damage.

100 base damage + 100% increased = 200 total damage.

Now heres the difference... V1 with another increase, V2 with a "more" instead of a second increase:

(V1) 100 base damage + 100% increased + (another) 100% increased = 300 total damage

(V2) 100 base damage + 100% increased + (more instead of increased) 100% more = 400 total damage.

To put it into words, increases apply first and only multiply off the base damage. More multipliers take into account the base damage and the increase from the "increased" modifiers and then applies the "more" multiplier.

For those who like formulas, it essentially works like this:

T = Total Damage M = More I = Increased B = Base Damage

T = M * (I * B)

hope that helps :)
hm...I see support chaos,poison,fire damage... who is cold damage or lighting damage ??? hmmm
So... just a bunch of "more" multipliers, then? Wow, how boring. Like we don't have enough of those. The only one that changes the way skills function is Chance to Bleed, and the rest are just "moar damage." Yawn.

The reason I liked PoE when I first saw the trailers for it is because of gems like LMP and Chain. They let you customize your skills for different play styles. Gems that change function are way more interesting and fun than gems that just give you more damage. I really hope we're see more of the former and less of the latter eventually, and hopefully before much longer.
Last edited by Zouphy on Jun 14, 2017, 8:14:38 AM
"
Cicindela wrote:
No new active skill gems? Boring. U_U

I think there was mentioned somewhere new channeling skill, but as we are used to, it might not hit the servers during beta, or even on the launch day of 3.0 live. It will be added whenever it is ready.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
lots of love for poison and dot builds
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
There are bleed wheels in the Duelist area that increase DoT damage. Without these there are these new gems.

You're replying to my comment to you that is about scaling both initial hit and Bleed. Those Clusters don't do anything for builds that are trying to scale both (congratulations on your 30% attack damage with a condition).

What are you even replying to me for? I know they're there and I've already said that Support Gems shouldn't be the only source of a build's damage. This isn't even what I'm trying to prove.

Poison is much stronger than Bleed currently. I'm asking if Bleed could be changed to benefit from Attack, weapon, and projectile damage clusters. I'm not saying you can't make a bleed build, I'm asking why would you instead of playing a poison build? Not including personal opinions people are known to answer with.

Looking at it again, Dirty Techniques is better for Poison builds because Bleed doesn't stack so that damage 50% increased Bleed Duration is worthless.
R.I.P. Harvest crafting. You were amazing for one league
"
Darkfyre wrote:
lots of love for poison and dot builds

ya nerf them then release some gems to cover it back up
Creator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info