Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Ledrif wrote:
Two axes are named Gilded. Although its understandable it gets confusing >.<

Are there? I only see one...(maybe it's already fixed?)

"
Psychofrump wrote:
Each time I see an "imp dagger", I wonder if it's supposed to be an "imperial dagger"?

No, there is an "Imperial Skean", but "Imp Dagger" is correct (see also: Fiend Dagger and Demon Dagger).

"
Razorphilia wrote:
(interesting stuff)

"Aura" has a conventional meaning in English, and even if you don't know exactly what the term means in relation to the game you can get a general idea. Most English speakers will have encountered it in books or whatnot.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but here in New Zealand "mana" is a well-known concept that is an important part of the indigenous Maori culture. Most Kiwis will have heard this term and have a general idea of what it means, spiritually. So, while it obvious to me (and our writer), perhaps it is not so for the rest of the world.

Given the context of how "mana" is used here, is it easy enough to intuit the spiritual meaning, or is it just confusing?
Code warrior
A One handed Gilded Axe.
Item level 29, dmaage 45-84. speed 1.1

A Two handed gilded Axe.
Item level 28, damage 70-94. speed 1.25

Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Looks like that the one-handed "Gilded" ax has already been renamed to "Decorative", but might not have been pushed to Beta yet.
Code warrior
Thank you, and sorry for making you look into it twice.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Dont know if you would consider to still be correct or not:

If your character doesn’t meet the attribute requirements of the new level of the skill gem, then the experience value sits at the maximum of the previous level until you next gain additional experience and also meet its requirements.

Because it actually just stays at maximum experience until you click on "level up" now. (Naturally meeting the requirments allows you to actually click it)

From Skill Gems
Why you so grammar nazi hmm? hmmmmmmmmmmm?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53092203/Untitled.png
I understand that this fine product is made in New Zealand, so I noticed a couple small differences that may simply be colloquialisms and not actual misspelling. No insults to anyone, just putting it out there in case the following were not intended...both have less common spellings that are used.

Eramir: Living with Natives: Line 1. Currently reads "Their civilisation is gone" instead of "civilization."

Nessa: Introduction: Par. 2: "That great slab of meat you somehow despatched..." instead of "dispatched."
As far as the usage of mana there goes, it's not difficult to determine the meaning but it just sounds odd. Personally I'd remove it all together and just use 'that of' instead of 'the mana of' given that you've used aura earlier in the sentence.
"
Phang wrote:
I understand that this fine product is made in New Zealand, so I noticed a couple small differences that may simply be colloquialisms and not actual misspelling. No insults to anyone, just putting it out there in case the following were not intended...both have less common spellings that are used.

Eramir: Living with Natives: Line 1. Currently reads "Their civilisation is gone" instead of "civilization."

Nessa: Introduction: Par. 2: "That great slab of meat you somehow despatched..." instead of "dispatched."

I don't think "civilisation" is a problem, because we Americans can still understand it clearly, and it's just the NZ/Aus/British spelling. Like the way "colour" is still a correct spelling even though it is not the American spelling. One could debate that the British should be more authoritative anyway (fewer users but comes from the place or origin).

As for "despatched," though, that actually seems like an actual spelling error. I've never encountered that word spelled that way before. Maybe I'm just ignorant. *checks* Yeah, okay, so I was ignorant, hehe. Would "dispatched" be WRONG in other places? If so, maybe we should get used to the other spelling there too. If not, maybe using the i spelling would be more understandable to all readers.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 24, 2012, 4:29:36 PM
Died and entered teleport. In town experience lost, but i'm alive.

Second bug with memory. Out of memory information while loading locations.

Turning aura ON and unequip aura skill from item, doesn't turn it OFF.

Heard about aura animation disappear in water or something like that.
Last edited by Somebi on Apr 24, 2012, 3:29:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info