[LOOTFILTER] FilterBlade - editor, with lootgeneration & more - optimized for NeverSink's filter

Question about styles: I tried to modify the colors of a couple of styles, but there seem to be some (seemingly unintended) interactions between certain styles. For example I don't particularly like the green background of jewelery and tried to change it, so they use regular rare coloring. However changing the background and text color affecting these items also affected the text color (but not background) of unique jewelery, making it basically unreadable. Since there is no specific section for unique jewelery, fixing this would require me to change all uniques, probably causing more problems in the process.

I wanted to avoid just changing the appearance for jewelery in the filter customization, because in that case, it circumvents other color-coding used for rares, like different text color based on itemlevel, I would need to add multiple custom layers of appearances etc...

What would be the best way for me to proceed? And is the interaction of certain styles intended, or will there be changes in the future?

If you are busy with the new update, feel free to ignore this. I realize, you have a ton of work adapting filterblade to all the new features. Good luck!
Last edited by Snarky85 on Aug 28, 2018, 6:45:09 AM
"
Snarky85 wrote:
Question about styles: I tried to modify the colors of a couple of styles, but there seem to be some (seemingly unintended) interactions between certain styles. For example I don't particularly like the green background of jewelery and tried to change it, so they use regular rare coloring. However changing the background and text color affecting these items also affected the text color (but not background) of unique jewelery, making it basically unreadable. Since there is no specific section for unique jewelery, fixing this would require me to change all uniques, probably causing more problems in the process.

I wanted to avoid just changing the appearance for jewelery in the filter customization, because in that case, it circumvents other color-coding used for rares, like different text color based on itemlevel, I would need to add multiple custom layers of appearances etc...

What would be the best way for me to proceed? And is the interaction of certain styles intended, or will there be changes in the future?

If you are busy with the new update, feel free to ignore this. I realize, you have a ton of work adapting filterblade to all the new features. Good luck!

"Changing the text color of rare jewellery also changes the text color of uniques"
-> Yes, because they share the same text color style: black. Same color => Same style => both are affected by changing this style. (Note: a LOT of rules use black as text color, so you're probably editing more than you might like, just fyi)) And since rares and uniques obviously dont share the same BG color, they dont share the same BG style, so changing the rare bg color style wont change the uniques.

"different text color based on itemlevel"
-> Those jewellery dont have this feature. They always have black text because of the background, on which the usual gold/yellow colors dont fit very well.

So in this particular situation you can just change the jewellery in the customizer. In other situations: Depends on your entire setup. Might be worth adding some custom rare rules, might be the easiest to quickly do it on the advanced screen (if you dont update your filter often, since editing on that tab cannot save any changes).
Either way, we have some idea to split some of the rare rules up, so you can edit the 60+ and 75+ rules separately in the Customizer.

Btw: there is currently a bug on the live version that causes the UI to display some values as non-existent (like showing an item with big font, white background, etc. but the UI says that the rule doesnt have a big font or any BG color). This is just an UI bug and sadly we can only fix this with the deploy of the 3.4 update on friday, sorry about that.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
Hi, NvSink. I know that you are probably super busy with updating filters for the coming league, but I ran into some bug on filterblade that I'd like to report to you.

I have customized filter through your wide back to 0.97r. I saved and downloaded all changes into a Txt file so to re use them in 3.4. When I tried to upload the text file today, I noticed something weird as the following picture.

All font colors in sample pictures look what I expected, but those toggles on the leftseem off. Also, if you look at the size of those currencies items is definitely larger than 32. The worse part is that, once I checked the toggles, my customizations would be gone.

Can you look into that, please? If you'd like, I could forward you the text file I saved and downloaded when I prepared before flashback event.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Aug 28, 2018, 11:54:20 PM
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
Hi, NvSink. I know that you are probably super busy with updating filters for the coming league, but I ran into some bug on filterblade that I'd like to report to you.

I have customized filter through your wide back to 0.97r. I saved and downloaded all changes into a Txt file so to re use them in 3.4. When I tried to upload the text file today, I noticed something weird as the following picture.

All font colors in sample pictures look what I expected, but those toggles on the leftseem off. Also, if you look at the size of those currencies items is definitely larger than 32. The worse part is that, once I checked the toggles, my customizations would be gone.

Can you look into that, please? If you'd like, I could forward you the text file I saved and downloaded when I prepared before flashback event.

Thank you very much.

Known bug, fixed a few days ago. It was just a display bug, not a filter/saveState one.
The problem is: We can't deploy this fix without also deploying the unready/unfinished 3.4 content, meaning you'll have to wait for the big update on friday.
Sorry about that and thanks for letting us know anyway
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
NoobPlayX wrote:
Hi my filter show this error: 00:35:48 - WARNING: Filter has been checked and errors were found:
[e][10] ERROR in Validation >> [[?CRareShowClasses3]] Line identifier unmatched!( ) [AT]
[e][10] ERROR in Validation >> [[?CurrencyNewTiers]] Line identifier unmatched!( ) [AT]

How to fiz this issue? thanks

I'd need more information:

a) Is this a custom uploaded filter?
b) What changes have you done?
c) Do you have an online save or can provide a save file? (save/load -> more -> download savefile)

this my online save: http://www.filterblade.xyz/#9RQZ6Wb3kmbW
"
NoobPlayX wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
NoobPlayX wrote:
Hi my filter show this error: 00:35:48 - WARNING: Filter has been checked and errors were found:
[e][10] ERROR in Validation >> [[?CRareShowClasses3]] Line identifier unmatched!( ) [AT]
[e][10] ERROR in Validation >> [[?CurrencyNewTiers]] Line identifier unmatched!( ) [AT]

How to fiz this issue? thanks

I'd need more information:

a) Is this a custom uploaded filter?
b) What changes have you done?
c) Do you have an online save or can provide a save file? (save/load -> more -> download savefile)

this my online save: http://www.filterblade.xyz/#9RQZ6Wb3kmbW

I'm not 100% sure what caused this, but I'd presume its part of the other UI bug that is currently present on the live version until Friday.

But, for now, I fixed the bugs that are contained in your saveState: http://www.filterblade.xyz/#YcBc0roSHSsy
"
Tobnac wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
Hi, NvSink. ...

Known bug, fixed a few days ago. It was just a display bug, not a filter/saveState one.
The problem is: We can't deploy this fix without also deploying the unready/unfinished 3.4 content, meaning you'll have to wait for the big update on friday.
Sorry about that and thanks for letting us know anyway

Great. thanks for letting me know. I will be patience. Also, appreciate your team's hard work for every league. you guys are heroes.
Guys any info when neversink will start or finish working new version of filterblade? or at least when will be stream where he will do it as always
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
Guys any info when neversink will start or finish working new version of filterblade? or at least when will be stream where he will do it as always

FilterBlade and the filter will both be updated and live 2-6 hours before release!

I have a very busy schedule tomorrow and have to finish some business in another town. I'll go live and start streaming around ~7-8 hours before release.

However, as usual, the filter WILL be updated and release, 100% before the start.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Maybe I am just blind, but I cannot find the section, that handles regular jewels anymore. Can someone help me out?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info