[removed]

"
IceDeal wrote:
Glyph Mark, like most of the 6T1 items created at that time, was at least made using currency generated by the dupe exploit. The crafter was not necessarily duping himself but the item couldn't have been created that fast without the massive influx of cheap eternal on the market.

But yeah, better not argue about those story indeed, people involved knows who they are and it's against the ToS to mentioned them (not like ggg cares anyway looking at how most of them are still there).

glyph mark was actually pre the hugh exploit and was a legit craft
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
yeah, it was when eternals were 4 ex (or less, if you were lucky/quick) and brute forcing 6t1s didn't cost all that much.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Mirrored items would make a huge difference if PoE PvP had any sort of balance, but it doesn't.

So all you've got left is playing the damn game. Playing on league just means having to farm items to try to emulate whatever the fuck you were doing on standard. It's a waste of time and it really fucking sucks that it splits the already infinitely small PvP community.

With all the cancer builds out there, mixing standard and league would do a lot more good than bad.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
mixing standard and league would do a lot more good than bad.

This is something I've been trying to suggest quite a few times as well. It would fix a lot of things while bringing very few downsides. And it would only require 15 mins of coding from GGG so it should be more than doable.
Last edited by lapiz on Jun 4, 2017, 2:31:59 AM
"
a lot more good than bad

good:
 • STD players potentially will have access to more opponents (fight/minute).
 • STD players will have a lot higher global win rate during first month of new league.

bad:
 • Fighting vs character empowered by legacy items is not fun at all.
   (aegis / rumi's / 30 charges per use vinktar. Actually this paragraph worth like ten points for the comparison)
 • First few weeks of new league none can do 1v1 leo daily with their undergeared characters.
 • Newcomers will meet mostly STD players in the queue and therefore 'PvP sucks' opinion will become a lot more common.

Am I missing something specific?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 4, 2017, 3:03:43 AM
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
a lot more good than bad

good:
 • STD players potentially will have access to more opponents (fight/minute).
 • STD players will have a lot higher global win rate during first month of new league.

bad:
 • Fighting vs character empowered by legacy items is not fun at all.
   (aegis / rumi's / 30 charges per use vinktar. Actually this paragraph worth like ten points for the comparison)
 • First few weeks of new league none can do 1v1 leo daily with their undergeared characters.
 • Newcomers will meet mostly STD players in the queue and therefore 'PvP sucks' opinion will become a lot more common.

Am I missing something specific?

More like your understanding of good and bad in this case is a bit skewed towards this thing called balance, which is completely fucked in poe at the moment. Instead you should try to see the benefits in the big picture.

Our standpoint was that the issue of legacy stuff is not that relevant, because even with all those imbalanced legacy items, the broken skill mechanics are a far more problematic issue. You seem to feel that the fights wouldn't be fair, whereas the truth is that even now the fights are as far away from fair as possible.

All the merge would do is increase the amount of players. Everyone would still feel equally overwhelmed when they face a build they simply can't beat. All the daily guys would face each other eventually after a game or two anyways because that is how the ladder works. If anything, the guys who for some reason are interested in pvp in the temp league, could see the characters from standard as a challenge and get more intrigued to improve their character.
Last edited by lapiz on Jun 4, 2017, 4:17:00 AM
I really enjoy league pvp, especially early on when we're all in hobo gear. Merging it with standard would ruin that.

Standard pvp is pretty dead but league is quite active. I honestly believe such a merger would destroy pvp participation completely. You might think merging will get you more players but once all the league pvpers get stomped on by standard gear they'll walk away. Then no one will have active pvp.

There is a middle ground solution however: having an all league all server pvp option (option being the key word, i.e. a distinct thing you queue for, rather than a forced merger). If GGG could alternate server each round mixing EU, US, etc. would be fine. We can already combine 1v1 and 3v3 pvp cross league via partying and challenging - I wish you could do that for CTF. Organized opt-in mixed league pvp could totally be a thing, since CTF is typically organized anyway.

I'll always prefer having a separate sarn arena, and a separate ladder for league pvp. Even if I skip a league and play standard, it would feel kind of dirty to noobstomp the league players. It would be like 3v3 bgh noobs only but really it's 5 friends drone rushing the poor noob. Yeah balance is retarded but the gear matters. Standard is all off screen 1 shotting with gg bows/wands and you barely see any of that in legacy. It's refreshing.

One thing GGG should do for sarn arena is merge HC and SC. They're already merged for 1v1, 3v3, and CTF queue. Earlier in the league we were doing hours of CTF daily, mixed with a group of LHC players. They were sad that LHC sarn arena was always empty.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jun 4, 2017, 5:00:18 AM
I'm understanding 'good' and 'bad' in this case as 'fun' and 'not fun'.

One of the reason why ppl playing leagues - thats the way to avoid some of 'mentally very special' STD players. IMO, any merge suggestion should include the word 'optional'.

"
could see the characters from standard as a challenge and get more intrigued to improve their character.

Some legacy mechanics can't be bypassed by any 'improvement' of new league build. Especially after % ES prefixes nerf.

So far, good:
 All the merge would do is increase the amount of players. (as for STD player perspective)

Bad:
 Everything else.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 4, 2017, 5:08:16 AM
We seen with build like prism LA, Golemancers, BK that having mirror/std gear mean nothing and shit can still be broken with regular gear.

The excuse of saying STD suck and League is more balanced is not fitting reality (unless we talk about Aegis tanks).

The only difference STD/league is not power but survivability. You ll die twice often in league because of the lack of perfect gear, but you will 1 shot the same than in STD.

In the end it doesn t really matter if you play in Sarn or CTF.

1 vs 1 might be better balanced in league but I have doubt.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 4, 2017, 5:30:43 AM
"
If anything, the guys who for some reason are interested in pvp in the temp league, could see the characters from standard as a challenge and get more intrigued to improve their character.

i find this as a very optimistic and cheerful assumption.

people who play pvp 90%~ of the time people with ego problems. they play pvp to win, not to have an "experience of battle" or seek more understanding of game, mechanic and improvement of their build & ideas.

they are here to build a reflection of who they are through achievements and "beating" others.

if they lose, they blame the game, not themselves. blaming yourself after losing is a mature attempt of understanding what happened which we most of poe pvp players lack.

they blame the game, they feel like they are swimming against the current, this is not a pvp game, they shouldn't be playing pvp anymore:

they have 2 paths to choose at that moment i think,

+ swimming with the tide - copy a build which outperforms others
+ stop playing pvp

rarely, they keep struggling and stay with us. look how few we are and that's the difference between your optimism and reality i think.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 4, 2017, 5:54:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info