[removed]

[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 1:00:16 PM
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2017, 3:12:12 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
Feeble attempt to get more players to skip next league and stick to Standard so we can have more Standard PVP.

Why stay in Standard?

1. Gotta do all that new content on all your alts, you have a lot of alts right?

2. Whatever carrot GGG will wave for the new league, you know it is a trick, like Reliquary Keys or Talismans, how many times will you let them fool you?

3. All the PVPers in league will be scorching ray or something else equally as boring, in Standard you have people with gear so expensive they can make almost any skill work.

Lets make 3.0 the league we skip and enjoy Standard for awhile.

Forsake new characters.

Make Standard great again!

Okay, yeah.

Except 3.0 affects Standard... and let's face it, if the 'actual PvP community' boycotts any League - that's like 50 people at best.

But again, I only start new characters in Hardcore temp leagues anyway, and they usually die by lvl 75 because alcohol and twitch-reflex ability are mutually exclusive... so fuck it, I'm with ya brother!
I have more fun in league to be honest, why bother with STD when every retards with a credit card can buy a mirrored version of items made with rmt/dupe exploit (looking at every items crafted during the rampage league and after) and just copy paste the FoTW build posted here.

Also about scorching ray, the new pantheon system got a tab dedicated to DoT defense. Combined that with a Leo Mod and you should be more than alright.

Actualy, with the introduction of those specific defenses bonus (it cover everything from elemental damage to multi hits to one shot to dot), I predict the troll tanks will be impossible to kill (but won't be able to kill anyone anymore). Sarn will mostly become a chat room with custom avatar wich strongly remind me the internet of the early 2000.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 3, 2017, 4:03:06 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
something something credit card/dupe exploit

You often say that, but it's a bad excuse to separate yourself from the rich and not play PvP. RMT is not the only way to get rich be able to switch between builds every league. You can invest your time to farm, and your knowledge to be efficient and scam other people, which is even somewhat considered legit in this game.

RMT and in general wealth difference between players is not exclusive to standard, it's a factor in every league, and I feel the difference between rich and poor players in temp leagues can be bigger than in standard, because there are soft caps in gearing where from additional currency investment means smaller and smaller gains and makes little difference overall.

Also as you mentioned, the typical RMTers are so dumb that their currency investment can't overcome their lack of knowledge, making bad setups, and not being able to use correct swaps.

Lastly, the significance of wealth in PvP has been constantly decreasing and is lower than ever been. There are so many op/broken mechanics that you can deal with almost anything with a fairly low cost.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
something something credit card/dupe exploit

You often say that, but it's a bad excuse to separate yourself from the rich and not play PvP. RMT is not the only way to get rich be able to switch between builds every league. You can invest your time to farm, and your knowledge to be efficient and scam other people, which is even somewhat considered legit in this game.

I'm VERY far from poor. Everytime they nerf a league item, I got richer (look at those 2 mirrors there, just an example)
Spoiler

I fully gave up on serious pvp in this game years ago and pvp altogether a couple of months back looking at how ggg is just stockpiling bullshit without even trying to fix the previous ones.

At least league pvp is enjoyable because the overhaul kill power of everyone is way lower than STD so you actually got more interesting fights but as mentioned earlier, I'm pretty sur the new pantheon system will create a new breed of immortal tanks (Rhys hinted that one spec will prevent one shots) who will be the final nail in the coffin for everyone trying to have fun.

As for my claim about how a couple of items were crafted after rampage (a certain bow for example), it's common knowledge and everyone denying this is either stupid or involved.

Here is the reddit thread about one guy (banned) who confessed about it and trust me on this one, a LOT of other people were aware of this (some pretty famous) and duped/stockpiled a shit tons of Exalted/Eternal/Mirrors before it was fixed. It still plague STD to this day be it because of the items crafted or the dormant stacks of currency on alt accounts.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2t031w/hookeysconfession_the_guy_who_had_the_perfect/
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 3, 2017, 6:57:38 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
I fully gave up on serious pvp in this game years ago and pvp altogether a couple of months back looking at how ggg is just stockpiling bullshit without even trying to fix the previous ones.

At least league pvp is enjoyable because the overhaul kill power of everyone is way lower than STD so you actually got more interesting fights but as mentioned earlier, I'm pretty sur the new pantheon system will create a new breed of immortal tanks (Rhys hinted that one spec will prevent one shots)

I agree, but that has little to do with rmt.

"
IceDeal wrote:
As for my claim about how a couple of items were crafted after rampage (a certain bow for example), it's common knowledge and everyone denying this is either stupid or involved.

Here is the reddit thread about one guy (banned) who confessed about it and trust me on this one, a LOT of other people were aware of this (some pretty famous) and duped/stockpiled a shit tons of Exalted/Eternal/Mirrors before it was fixed. It still plague STD to this day be it because of the items crafted or the dormant stacks of currency on alt accounts.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2t031w/hookeysconfession_the_guy_who_had_the_perfect/

I knew about this, but that dagger got removed, and that guy got banned. Just out of curiousity, do you have evidence that duped items/currency stayed in game?

Even without the exploit, because of eternals were so op, the crafting of those items would have happened anyway. The exploit just sped up the process, because after a T1 item is born, there is little reason to craft it again for someone else.

IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jun 3, 2017, 6:58:00 AM
"
I knew about this, but that dagger got removed, and that guy got banned. Just out of curiousity, do you have evidence that duped items/currency stayed in game?

As mentioned in the thread, multiple players were aware of this and the currency generated through this method didn't disappear like items because currency don't have item id and can't be traced. As we all know, GGG can't do a full database scan because it's time consuming and could harm the server data so there is probably thousands of dormant duped currency stacks on alt accounts (Mark mentioned that sometimes they find some of those through report but who knows how many they are).

Also someone very famous for RMT on those forum (never banned by the way) directly mentioned to me that he was involved with player doing this during the rampage league.

Finally just look at how many 6T1 mirror items appeared around that time, a freaking ton including (you guess it) Glyph Mark, an item who should have been impossible to craft by GGG rng standard but was made anyway. And I strongly suspect most of the new 6T1 were made using remains of eternal created around that time because there is no way GGG can tell an item was made using duped currency or not, heck I'm pretty sur they can't even tell how many currency were used to make it at all.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 3, 2017, 7:12:11 AM
"
do you have evidence that duped items/currency stayed in game?

there are some suppliers who they have probably close to infinite eternal orbs. there is no duping in the game anymore but around those times some guys tried really hard it seems. they don't contact me, or you, they know to whom to talk to.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Finally just look at how many 6T1 mirror items appeared around that time, a freaking ton including (you guess it) Glyph Mark, an item who should have been impossible to craft by GGG rng standard but was made anyway.

this is not true also, all you bring here are speculations icedeal,

crafting glyph mark is all about luck. it is not even impossible.

i witnessed how brood twine got crafted and probably, if ahfack didn't craft all these stuff and dumped all his currency to brood twine, amnd had been lucky as skalpo was, he'd have the brood twine now. and 200+ copies.

it's all about taking risk actually or being large enough to be able to take risks.

that said, i'm not bringing any counter arguments of what happened around those days. we all know what happened.

one more thing, all the rich guys nowadays are the guys who started flipping/owning alt art items from the very start of the game.

i remember i bought AA queen for sth aroudn 310ex + items, then sold it for a little bit more and thought i did some profit. now its listed as 3000-4000ex.

a friend of me told even AA queen was 150ex(? cant remember the numbers) when he bought it.

alpha's howl was 250ex, i remember, now people refuse 1600ex offers. i bought onslaught barb those days, was using with hrimsorrow for max damage : ( i was thinking to buy one but i was like... meh i dont care about how i look in game fuck it.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 3, 2017, 7:23:31 AM
Glyph Mark, like most of the 6T1 items created at that time, was at least made using currency generated by the dupe exploit. The crafter was not necessarily duping himself but the item couldn't have been created that fast without the massive influx of cheap eternal on the market.

But yeah, better not argue about those story indeed, people involved knows who they are and it's against the ToS to mentioned them (not like ggg cares anyway looking at how most of them are still there).
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 3, 2017, 7:44:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info