Climate Change... Pass this along. "It's a hoax."

"
morbo wrote:

Regardless, they are still very inefficient compared to say nuclear power. Even hydroelectric power is less-efficient during summer when you have droughts. Unless we develop some sort of "cold fusion" SciFi thing, there is no saving the environment and also saving all the people who consume the environment.

We still got a couple of dozen years before humanity needs to make a full switch to green energy. You know what should happen? A Manhattan type project where tons of money is being poured into cold fusion research. From a scientific standpoint there is so much left to discover. This will open up a lot of high quality job positions in the EU or the USA. A lot more interesting vacancies than to play the goddamn stock market all day. Money ain't the issue. There is more than enough of it running this 'funny show' anyway.

"
Boem wrote:

I can't convince myself to give a damn.

I won't have children, so i can't be arsed and i'll educate my nephew on what he has to do in order to overcome issue's like this on a micro scale.

I'm not diluted enough to entertain the notion the macro scale population gives a shit considering people just do whatever they please irrelevant of facts and truths.

What a defeatist argument.

Concerning climate change, I'll reserve my opinion as soon as I have actually read some topnotch scientific articles. I rather read the source. I always take news as a grain of salt. Most people in media industry aren't the brightest lights.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jun 4, 2017, 3:08:53 AM
Climate change will eventually affect humans in ways we cannot rectify the damage we've caused. It may not be so relevant now but in the future it will be. So saying its a hoax, is wrong. It's just not relevant at the moment. I must admit though, my seasons are noticeably different than when I was a kid so something is at bay or maybe I am recalling incorrectly- Mary J and I been friends a long time.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Jun 4, 2017, 11:24:30 AM
It is not a hoax!

It is a radical religious cult. Their bible is "The Inconvenient Truth" directed by the prophet(profit) Al Gore.
Their religious leaders condemn anyone with a fossil fuel vehicle. Carbon Dioxide is an evil gas to them. If you don't follow their ways, then you must have the mark of the beast. And that mark is "DENIER".

If it's snowing, it's because of climate change. If it's cloudy, climate change. If it's raining, climate change. If it's a nice 82 degree day...omg it's climate change (We never had nice 82 degree days when I was a kid.)
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
I think most of us know that climate change is real.......Case in point, I've always been a student of meteorology and that was my first major, but I decided to go a different direction due to the huge amount of physics involved(I suck at physics).Anyway, if you follow the records and the weather channel, high temperature records are being set every single year across the USA. Every year I look and the forecast and it's forecasting above normal temps and then you look back after summer and it's the hottest summer on record, not to mention the global increase in temperature.

I think what happens is that it's alot easier to imagine that no problem exists, because if no problem exists, there's no problem to fix. I don't even know if it's fixable.......All I know is that all one has to do is follow the records each year and realize that high temperatures are being broken at an alarming rate.

Now, that doesn't mean you don't have colder years. Remember, this is an average. So you can have cold days, colder seasons and even a colder than normal year or two, but it's all about the average and the fact that heat records are being broken much more than cold temp records.

I live in the Sacramento area and I remember just a couple of decades ago, you would have days and nights filled with valley fog ... That would be a normal winter. Dense fog at night with only partial clearing in the afternoon.....But over the last several years, that fog is a much more rare occurrence, and even frost is more rare at night then what we use to see........ So something is definitely going on. There is absolutely no doubt about that.
Last edited by Mentoya on Jun 4, 2017, 1:50:07 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
I think most of us know that climate change is real.......Case in point, I've always been a student of meteorology and that was my first major, but I decided to go a different direction due to the huge amount of physics involved(I suck at physics).Anyway, if you follow the records and the weather channel, high temperature records are being set every single year across the USA. Every year I look and the forecast and it's forecasting above normal temps and then you look back after summer and it's the hottest summer on record, not to mention the global increase in temperature.

I think what happens is that it's alot easier to imagine that no problem exists, because if no problem exists, there's no problem to fix. I don't even know if it's fixable.......All I know is that all one has to do is follow the records each year and realize that high temperatures are being broken at an alarming rate.

Now, that doesn't mean you don't have colder years. Remember, this is an average. So you can have cold days, colder seasons and even a colder than normal year or two, but it's all about the average and the fact that heat records are being broken much more than cold temp records.

I live in the Sacramento area and I remember just a couple of decades ago, you would have days and nights filled with valley fog ... That would be a normal winter. Dense fog at night with only partial clearing in the afternoon.....But over the last several years, that fog is a much more rare occurrence, and even frost is more rare at night then what we use to see........ So something is definitely going on. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

Ever went camping in a temperate forest before? Well I tell you, I did. Portland, Maine during the summer... I remember in my group I was the first one to set up my tent. It felt hot as hell probably over 75 degrees. Well as I was just about to head over and squat like a monkey, the temperature began to drop... Gust of wind came out of nowhere and the sun was still shinning. Bam, hail the size of golfballs began to fall. Sun still shining...

No cell phone or iPad to warn us campers... It was just nature being fucking nature. You should be more worried about the fact we are a tiny fucking spec in the universe than worrying about old farts cashing in on your ignorance. Case in point... Fact.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

"

Ever went camping in a temperate forest before? Well I tell you, I did. Portland, Maine during the summer... I remember in my group I was the first one to set up my tent. It felt hot as hell probably over 75 degrees. Well as I was just about to head over and squat like a monkey, the temperature began to drop... Gust of wind came out of nowhere and the sun was still shinning. Bam, hail the size of golfballs began to fall. Sun still shining...

No cell phone or iPad to warn us campers... It was just nature being fucking nature. You should be more worried about the fact we are a tiny fucking spec in the universe than worrying about old farts cashing in on your ignorance. Case in point... Fact.

Regardless, climate change is still real...........
"
Mentoya wrote:

"

Regardless, climate change is still real...........

Oh hun... It's just nature trying to get rid of us.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jun 5, 2017, 12:17:21 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Can't tell the difference between weather and climate but some how thinks he has it figured it out. I think i'll stick to scientists over random person on the internet.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Can't tell the difference between weather and climate but some how thinks he has it figured it out. I think i'll stick to scientists over random person on the internet.

Please don't breed... BTW climate change is a theory something we learn at a very young age.

"
solwitch wrote:

Please don't breed... BTW climate change is a theory something we learn at a very young age.

Is it the meds making you lash out? I'm sorry you don't seem to understand much about the topic you started. Maybe with the little time you have left you could learn or just make up some more BS stories for attention.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info