Climate Change... Pass this along. "It's a hoax."

"
faerwin wrote:
and yet, even as a "little people" that will have to pay to make sure there's a future on this planet, I find that scenario preferable to the one where I keep more money in my pockets but doom the planet.

It all boils down to your priors. If you are steadfastly certain that some group of people are lying, it is perfectly possible and perhaps even easy to "poke holes" in the evidence of that group of people. For example, if one is personally certain that global warming is a hoax, they can easily say that the probability of you "dooming the planet" is zero, so you may as well keep your money.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
faerwin wrote:
and yet, even as a "little people" that will have to pay to make sure there's a future on this planet, I find that scenario preferable to the one where I keep more money in my pockets but doom the planet.

Corporations will keep polluting, you'll just pay the carbon bill and think you've done something for the environment. It's like that "Earth day" thing, when hipsters shut down their PC for an hour. It does nothing.

If you care about the environment, you can already do a lot, without the government taxing your ass:

- stop buying shit you don't need with money you don't have
- stop supporting big tax-evading corporations like Apple
- stop buying products from corporations that shift pollution into the 3rd world
- vote against immigration & global welfare programs, that cause the expansion of unsustainable 3rd world populations, which are then dependent on more and more help
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
鬼殺し wrote:
This is a lame half-measure. Let's just exterminate them.

No, just stop the growth. Giving handouts artificially expands populations and perpetuate dependency. You do not solve poverty by giving money to people, you only solve it when those populations can take care of themselves in their own country. If global welfare programs would work, there wouldn't be millions of Africans trying to come to Europe right now.

The only free stuff that places like Africa should receive from us, is education, nothing else.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Education. Oh, like missionaries.

I had in mind secular education like agriculture & stuff like that, but funny you'd mention missionaries (it's the hwite man!! :P)

Do you think that islamization of Africa has done anything better than christian missionaries? Why are African countries that adopted communist ideas so much worse now, than they were before under capitalist Brits? What about the current Chinese "neo-collonialist" exploitation of Africa?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Africa has the fastest growing population in the world. Their numbers will just keep growing and some day going "cold turkey" won't be a controllable option, but a numerical / economical inevitability. Besides their lack of technical expertise, the average IQ in Africa is horribly low and artificially "feeding" such population just means that the catastrophe will be so much worse in the future.

You can't have an ever increasing need for energy & resources and an untouched global environment. Wind mills don't turn if there is no wind, solar panels don't provide electricity at night. These renewable sources are a piss poor option. At the same time environmentalists are against nuclear power, coal power and oil.

So... wtf? How do you supply "living conditions" to 10, 20 billion people in the future and "save Earth" at the same time?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
鬼殺し wrote:
So we're at the crux of it after all. You either want to embrace dangerous fuel sources or, again, reduce the population. Which I believe taps the idea of 'extermination'.

Because the *only* other option is curtailing reproduction, and even that's pretty invasive.

Something needs to be done to not reach the projected massive expansion of population. Extermination is not an option, but we should not help them reproduce faster than they can sustain themselves. More is less.

In any case, at this pace the natural culling system - wars - are inevitable anyway. Europe is already being flooded by migrants from sub-Saharan Africa and this process will not end well for the parties involved.

"
And you do know that those natural power sources, wind and solar as examples, store energy right?

Regardless, they are still very inefficient compared to say nuclear power. Even hydroelectric power is less-efficient during summer when you have droughts. Unless we develop some sort of "cold fusion" SciFi thing, there is no saving the environment and also saving all the people who consume the environment.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 2, 2017, 3:57:19 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Education. Oh, like missionaries.

I had in mind secular education like agriculture & stuff like that, but funny you'd mention missionaries (it's the hwite man!! :P)

Do you think that islamization of Africa has done anything better than christian missionaries? Why are African countries that adopted communist ideas so much worse now, than they were before under capitalist Brits? What about the current Chinese "neo-collonialist" exploitation of Africa?

Its both shit. The christian brits moved out and the communists and muslims moved in. Ideologically speaking. Would have been better to just leave the damn continent alone.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Its both shit. The christian brits moved out and the communists and muslims moved in.

Except that people weren't starving under christian brits, but are starving under communists / marxists. Just check the history of Zimbabwe and the current situation in South Africa, which will reach the exact same fate: hyperinflation + cholera + tribalistic regression of society.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
In the Paris accords, the world's largest country and polluter got a free pass and no redistribution of its wealth to other countries while the USA got the biggest global taxation. Trump did one of the greatest things for this country. The true traitors OBAMA and Democrats want sell us out. Screw them.
Git R Dun!
I can't convince myself to give a damn.

I won't have children, so i can't be arsed and i'll educate my nephew on what he has to do in order to overcome issue's like this on a micro scale.

I'm not diluted enough to entertain the notion the macro scale population gives a shit considering people just do whatever they please irrelevant of facts and truths.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info