[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
0sync0 wrote:
In the leveling portion of the guide under Act 4 it says
"
- link Righteous Fire + Spelltotem + Burning damage + Elemental Focus
- if you have a 3 link left with 3 blue colors use orb of storms + curse on hit + flammability

What procs the curse on hit since RF doesn't hit?

orb of storms + curse on hit + flammability

:)
"
0sync0 wrote:
I read it again for the fourth or fifth time and I still don't understand.

Hopefully someone more tolerant without a bleeding eye can be more helpful.

"Orb of Storms" skill is linked with "Curse on hit" support skill and "Flammability" skill to trigger curse, EE and EO. We don't use AB skill in skill tree so OoS works. If you use AB you get +1 totem but you cant trigger EE and must use Traps to trigger EE.
Last edited by Sidad on Aug 20, 2017, 5:44:16 PM
"
Sidad wrote:
"
0sync0 wrote:

"Orb of Storms" skill is linked with "Curse on hit" support skill and "Flammability" skill to trigger curse, EE and EO. We don't use AB skill in skill tree so OoS works. If you use AB you get +1 totem but you cant hit anymore with skills and must use Traps to trigger EE and EO.

In the leveling section he says to use AB.

Thanks.
Last edited by 0sync0 on Aug 20, 2017, 4:20:44 PM
"
Sidad wrote:
"
0sync0 wrote:

"Orb of Storms" skill is linked with "Curse on hit" support skill and "Flammability" skill to trigger curse, EE and EO. We don't use AB skill in skill tree so OoS works. If you use AB you get +1 totem but you cant hit anymore with skills and must use Traps to trigger EE and EO.

thats a missinformation.

With Ancestral Bond Orb of Storms can Curse on Hit and trigger Elemental Overload. It just cannot debuff Elemental Equilibrium.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
With Ancestral Bond Orb of Storms can Curse on Hit and trigger Elemental Overload. It just cannot debuff Elemental Equilibrium.

I tried it and it does work. Flammability/Elemental Overload is really good. :)

This is my first time using Curse on Hit and I misunderstood how it worked.

Thanks.
Last edited by 0sync0 on Aug 20, 2017, 5:29:19 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Sidad wrote:
"
0sync0 wrote:

thats a missinformation.

Thx. Fixed.
"
0sync0 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

I tried it and it does work. Flammability/Elemental Overload is really good. :)

This is my first time using Curse on Hit and I misunderstood how it worked.

Thanks.

Best beginner build ever. Now go and have some fun.
Any advice for fighting Phoenix Guardian? Got him to 1% hp but -50 fire res almost insta kills me even with Ruby flasks at the end of fight. Well it didn't help that map was corrupted with some crazy mods but I made sure it wasn't -res map while rest mods I didn't care about.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
piritpham wrote:
Milky today i had a Soul Mantle 6l. i dont know gem use to 6l. RF + Burning damge + ELenment Focous + Increased area of effect (boss concentrated effect) + swift afflictinon + ?. help me. thanks

just look in the gem section. (i cannot believe i even responded to this)

Sorry Milkyslice I did not read carefully.
Now you can check and give me more advice to be stronger? thank you
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/piritpham/characters
"
Sidad wrote:
Any advice for fighting Phoenix Guardian? Got him to 1% hp but -50 fire res almost insta kills me even with Ruby flasks at the end of fight. Well it didn't help that map was corrupted with some crazy mods but I made sure it wasn't -res map while rest mods I didn't care about.

Dont roll -max or monster+boss aoe (the aoe would cover the whole arena).

You should never get hit by phoenix in the first place, the attacks are very easy to dodge if you don't have double speed mods on the map ;)

the dangerous parts are the adds and fire tornado things. Kill them asap.

overall dodge the telegraphes attacks, stay mobile and take your time.
Its not a fight where its practical the use scorching ray. a SR can work, but i rather use a 2nd rf totem to focus on adds.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info