[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Hey has anyone in here got the bug that makes Gen. Adus in act 9 invincible with 75% hp?

Fixed - Just used Searing bond instead of RF totems
Last edited by DareEcho on Aug 20, 2017, 11:10:54 AM
Anyone willing to check out my character (DickWhiskey) and offer me some advice on where my biggest upgrade would be with my gear? I have some currency, not enough to buy a 6l soul mantle or a fortress yet, but i'd like to do some upgrades to my gear. I am still relatively new and I don't have all the fine details about building a character yet and what is important.

Thanks for the assistance!

P.S. I am aware that my biggest upgrade would be to get uber lab done for the final 2 ascendency points, but I've been missing one trial for a while now lol.

Edit- P.S.S It hadn't even occured to me to refresh the guide to see if there have been changes. Turns out there have (I think I had the guide open right at the start of the new league, and I just kept the tab open). I see quite a few changes to make to my gems and talent tree, but advisement on gear is still of use to me. Thanks again.
Last edited by DownloadSteve on Aug 20, 2017, 12:33:23 PM
This may have already been answered but -

Why does this build not spec into Celestial Judgment and Celestial Punishment?

You spend 6 points for:
8 ele
12 fire
12 fire
18 ele & 2 pen
6 ele
30% increased burning dmg

So 6 points for a total increase of 56 to fire and 30 burning damage and 2 penetration.

How is that a bad deal? What am I missing?

I'm currently running a single RF totem and stomping a fire totem and searing bond totem and it seems to work well and be worth it...but would like some confirmation.
Thank you Milky very much for this guide. I started PoE after 3.0 and picked this guide a bit randomly because I liked the idea of totems.

Being able to level practically to the Atlas without having to care about gear was amazing, also I never died until the last Kitava fight.

Looking at other build guides now, I also realized just how much detail you put into explaining every aspect of the build (sometime I took for granted while I was leveling).

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Hey Milky. Amazing guide so far. I want to ask you about Tukohama Fortress. I got one and i am kind a confuse about it. I read the guide and i did not get what i need to do exactly. My aim is killing all bosses easy shaper ubers etc.
"
Mordgier wrote:
This may have already been answered but -

Why does this build not spec into Celestial Judgment and Celestial Punishment?

You spend 6 points for:
8 ele
12 fire
12 fire
18 ele & 2 pen
6 ele
30% increased burning dmg

So 6 points for a total increase of 56 to fire and 30 burning damage and 2 penetration.

How is that a bad deal? What am I missing?

I'm currently running a single RF totem and stomping a fire totem and searing bond totem and it seems to work well and be worth it...but would like some confirmation.

I missed the change to that cluster, but it´s still not that great.

14,33% dmg per node and no utility. the penetration does nothing.

The totem nodes etc are a core to the build, so at around lvl 85-90 that cluster could be a choice.

Explosive impact has 11,25% (or 10,25) dmg per point, but aoe on top.
Shamanistic fury is 14,5% dmg per point + totem placementspeed.

I prefer both choices for the utility over a cluster that is only great with 4 or 6 points.

There is so much great stuff on the skilltree that its hard to pick that cluster over other options before lvl 90. after lvl 90 you would need around lvl 96 to actually benefit fully from it. I would rather invest in some more defence at that point instead and many don´t bother to play the build above lvl 90 since it is often used to fund other builds ;)

"
Thank you Milky very much for this guide. I started PoE after 3.0 and picked this guide a bit randomly because I liked the idea of totems.

Being able to level practically to the Atlas without having to care about gear was amazing, also I never died until the last Kitava fight.

Looking at other build guides now, I also realized just how much detail you put into explaining every aspect of the build (sometime I took for granted while I was leveling).

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

thank you very much :) Almost everyone dies to kitava at least once ;)

"
I am aware that my biggest upgrade would be to get uber lab done for the final 2 ascendency points, but I've been missing one trial for a while now lol.

the last 2 points actually don´t do much, they only give atk speed for faster movement :P

I also made a gearcheck section in the guide which may help. I won´t do any more gearchecks since it takes too much time for me between family, responding here and having some freetime for myself
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 20, 2017, 2:43:33 PM
In the leveling portion of the guide under Act 4 it says
"
- link Righteous Fire + Spelltotem + Burning damage + Elemental Focus
- if you have a 3 link left with 3 blue colors use orb of storms + curse on hit + flammability

What procs the curse on hit since RF doesn't hit?
"
0sync0 wrote:
In the leveling portion of the guide under Act 4 it says
"
- link Righteous Fire + Spelltotem + Burning damage + Elemental Focus
- if you have a 3 link left with 3 blue colors use orb of storms + curse on hit + flammability

aaaaaaaaaaaa my eye bleeds
go reads sections gems on first page
dont asking fcking stupid questions
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
0sync0 wrote:

aaaaaaaaaaaa my eye bleeds
go reads sections gems on first page
dont asking fcking stupid questions

I read it again for the fourth or fifth time and I still don't understand.

Hopefully someone more tolerant without a bleeding eye can be more helpful.
"
DownloadSteve wrote:
Anyone willing to check out my character (DickWhiskey) and offer me some advice on where my biggest upgrade would be with my gear? I have some currency, not enough to buy a 6l soul mantle or a fortress yet, but i'd like to do some upgrades to my gear. I am still relatively new and I don't have all the fine details about building a character yet and what is important.

Thanks for the assistance!

P.S. I am aware that my biggest upgrade would be to get uber lab done for the final 2 ascendency points, but I've been missing one trial for a while now lol.

Edit- P.S.S It hadn't even occured to me to refresh the guide to see if there have been changes. Turns out there have (I think I had the guide open right at the start of the new league, and I just kept the tab open). I see quite a few changes to make to my gems and talent tree, but advisement on gear is still of use to me. Thanks again.

Change your weapon since it has "Adds xx to xx Fire dmg". If you use Leap Slam to get fortify you trigger EE with fire dmg which is big no-no. Rest is ok. You can always look for better gear i.e more dex so you get that skill point back or some gear with chaos res more armor or hp etc.

Also Milky's ditched MoM for BM. That's biggest update to build and strongly recommended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info