[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

need help about flask working

Atziri's Promise Gain (10-15)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
work with RFtotems or not?
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 15, 2017, 6:28:57 PM
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Mayapo wrote:

I might try this out, sounds like a solid idea (and i also have the free slot on soule mantle for scorching ray), even tho i dislike the idea of having less gem slots ^^ I got really used to placing 3 RF totems for map clear, or a double+decoy+searing bond for bossen, but i can probably get used to playing with less/Other totems and the life from Kaoms looks great. I might overlooked it, but there is no way Kaoms gives more Movementspeed, right ?
This leads to a question that is unrelated to my previous my ones, but arent u feeling slow already ? I'm playing with a bit more movementspeed and Chieldcharge but for moving around the map it feels really bad/clunky

but there is no way Kaoms gives more Movementspeed, right ?

kaoms give y 100% stan imun

with this y can drop Soul of the Brine King

and use Soul of Lunaris
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%

and use any of y flask with OF ADRENALINE

and i use devoto devotion helm with 20 speed and enchant + 12% increase area of RF ( cost devoto with this enchant 30-40 c) devoto gives y chaos rez 25 and 65 dexterity
this way i dont yse on skill tree dext points

PS y can enchant y belt for + % speed

I can see the Idea of it and really like the idea of respeccing the dex nodes (i could potentially already respec one but im too lazy to calculate stuff rn).

So in theory u:
A) Get more hp (But tbh, how much more do u get in total, like 50(x multipliers) at max ?
B) Are kind of even in Movementspeed in the end, maybe slightly better bcs u can use adrenaline flasks more freely?
C) u lose out on cold resistance (which can be compensated in other gear, but its definitly harder AND u could pay the currency for more life on ur gear)
D) u lose some dmg, since devotos has nothing that affects our RF Totems if i saw it correctly
E) u have less gems (which might not be a big problem, according to u)
F) ok, to be fair u Get stun/knock back immunity, which is a great thing to have
G) u also get chaos resist, but as i agree with something milky stated, im somewhat fine with having pretty much no chaos resist - i dont feel like its a big problem.

So overall it seems more like a playstyle choice to me, i dont really see the big advantages rn. Maybe u can tell me what i overlooked? I guess i'm missing something about how much life u actually get, but i'm either too blind or to tired to find it ^^

PS: sry if im spamming a lot of questions and stuff
"
Mayapo wrote:

So in theory u:
A) Get more hp (But tbh, how much more do u get in total, like 50(x multipliers) at max ?
B) Are kind of even in Movementspeed in the end, maybe slightly better bcs u can use adrenaline flasks more freely?
C) u lose out on cold resistance (which can be compensated in other gear, but its definitly harder AND u could pay the currency for more life on ur gear)
D) u lose some dmg, since devotos has nothing that affects our RF Totems if i saw it correctly
F) ok, to be fair u Get stun/knock back immunity, which is a great thing to have
G) u also get chaos resist, but as i agree with something milky stated, im somewhat fine with having pretty much no chaos resist - i dont feel like its a big problem.

So overall it seems more like a playstyle choice to me, i dont really see the big advantages rn. Maybe u can tell me what i overlooked? I guess i'm missing something about how much life u actually get, but i'm either too blind or to tired to find it ^^

now i have rezist
fire 94 cold 91 light 95 chaos 36 + 35 from amethyst flask = 71%
speed 24% + 29% from amythist flask +8% from soul of lunaris
my dexterity 119 my armor 5500 and life near 7000 with taking blodless node life be over +7000

this way
pro
i have chaos rez free dex slot from tree and hp from kaoms roots

contra
i lost 35% fire damag from hrimnors helm but in future compinsate this with Tukohama's Fortress shield
and my devoto helm have enchant + 12% increase area of RF this litle compinsate lose 35% fire demag
i lost scour ray demag but in future compinsate this with 6L soul mantle

losing 4 slots from boots not a problem for my
i have to use cwdt+imortal searing bound orb+curse sp+rf and sp+ csour ray from soul mantle
stone golem and enduring cry and decoy totem
for extremal moving in lab i use only 1 gem lightening warp

and i dont use other moving skil like shield charge or slam leap

PS the BIG bonus of all this is 700 hp from boots
PPS and i use 2 curses +1 from orb and seconf from +1 curse amulet and witchfire brew
witchfire brew give me a tons of demage this way compinsating losing demage from hrimnors helm

after taking nodes Blodles and near hp after 92 lvl i take whispere of doom and play with triple curses
or take totemik zeal for quick mampping
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 15, 2017, 6:59:18 PM
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Mayapo wrote:

So in theory u:

now i have rezistand
fire 94 cold 91 light 95 chaos 36 + 35 from amethyst flask = 71%
speed 24% + 29% from amythist flask +8% from soul of lunaris
my dexterity 119

this way
pro
i have chaos rez free dex slot from tree and hp from kaoms roots

contra
i lost 35% fire damag from hrimnors helm but in future compinsate this with Tukohama's Fortress shield
and my devoto helm have enchant + 12% increase area of RF this litle compinsate lose 35% fire demag
i lost scour ray demag but in future compinsate this with 6L soul mantle

losing 4 slots from boots not a problem for my
i have to use cwdt+imortal searing bound orb+curse sp+rf and sp+ csour ray from soul mantle
stone golem and enduring cry for extremal moving in lab i use only 1 gem lightening warp

and i dont use other moving skil like shield charge or slam leap

PS the BIG bonus of all this is 700 hp from boots
PPS and i use 2 curses +1 from orb and seconf from +1 curse amulet and witchfire brew
witchfire brew give me a tons of demage this way compinsating losing demage from hrimnors helm

after taking nodes Blodles and near hp after 92 lvl i take whispere of doom and play with triple curses
or take totemik zeal from quick mamming

I'm actually even more con against ur ideas now when i read ur post, lets talk why ^^

Pro: ok, ill give u that. But as i stated earlier, the difference between Kaoms and Normal bOots(Who can have hrimnors helmet with +50hp), shouldnt be much bigger than around 50hp. And i know the multipliers are huge, but how does that add up to 700hp in the end ?

Con:
U listed the main points there, but something else u hinted at and i didnt consider before. How do u play if u ever get a 6-Link Soulmantle? Where does ur Scorching Ray fit in? U basically have no space left for it, right? Or u are have a really nice setup, that i cant think of right know, especially since i dont know if u use stone golem and i also have no clue if u use support gems for lightning warp.
So yeah, i think my problem is seeing how u fit in all ur gems, once u get a 6-Link Soulmantle (even tho i will need years to get one anyways ^^)

But i will definitly try out Lightning Warp soon and also consider getting a Witchbrew Flask. Btw, u need something like a +curse amulet to use Witchbrew+OoS together effectively, right ?
"
Mayapo wrote:

Con:
U listed the main points there, but something else u hinted at and i didnt consider before. How do u play if u ever get a 6-Link Soulmantle? Where does ur Scorching Ray fit in? U basically have no space left for it, right? Or u are have a really nice setup, that i cant think of right know, especially since i dont know if u use stone golem and i also have no clue if u use support gems for lightning warp.
So yeah, i think my problem is seeing how u fit in all ur gems, once u get a 6-Link Soulmantle (even tho i will need years to get one anyways ^^)

But i will definitly try out Lightning Warp soon and also consider getting a Witchbrew Flask. Btw, u need something like a +curse amulet to use Witchbrew+OoS together effectively, right ?

all is simple

as i say i alredy have +1 curse amulet

and i alredy have 6 socet 5L soul mantle and scour ray in 6 socet not linled in mantle
this way only st (from mantle ) + scour ray
but scou ray dont linket to other 5f socket
when i have 6L mantle scour ray be connected to other sapport gems

to understend my gems setups go see my profile ( profile is open)
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Mayapo wrote:

Con:

all is simple

as i say i alredy have +1 curse amulet

and i alredy have 6 socet 5L soul mantle and scour ray in 6 socet not linled in mantle
this way only st (from mantle ) + scour ray
but scou ray dont linket to other 5f socket
when i have 6L mantle scour ray be connected to other sapport gems

to understend my gems setups go see my profile ( profile is open)

Ok, i think i got ur gem Setup, doesnt sound too bad if i think about since u buff up scorching ray by quite a bit in exchange for losing one additional supp on RF.
I'll compare my items with yours tomrrow and try to find out how u got 1000hp more than me, since i dont see where they are coming from. Thx for reminding me that i can just watch ur profile, makes things a lot easier and i can just copy the things i wanna try out
"
101zombi101 wrote:

Atziri's Promise Gain (10-15)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect

ofc not. Any added damage only works with hits, not dots.

if it would works, it wouls be in the guide
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 16, 2017, 12:43:56 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:

ty for unswerving
and ty agein for making very powerful and solid build
any one can play this build by own way

and i dont see in you first page or coments any words abaut helm enchant

enchant on helm +40% damage righthouse fire from uber lab
worknbg with TotemRF or not ?
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:

ty for unswerving
and ty agein for making very powerful and solid build
any one can play this build by own way

and i dont see in you first page or coments any words abaut helm enchant

enchant on helm +40% damage righthouse fire from uber lab
worknbg with TotemRF or not ?

i see a section about enchants on the first page.

everything should work except its bugged
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Krygenic wrote:
Thanks, I've got nothing that adds fire damage to attacks or spells. I've also got rid of MoM. Time to save up 4 passive points for BM :^)

IGN YaBoiXD char has "Pain Scarab Jade Amulet" that Adds Fire dmg to Attacks. Or maybe your char screen I am looking at is not updated yet. I dunno. Link your amulet here.

Why not use points from MoM for BM? BM is way more important than "Indomitable" or "Celestial Judgement".

Also add burning/fire dmg/dmg over time craft to your weapon or get better one and since gems are low lvl 5 link Soulmantle is huge dmg boost if you can craft/afford it.

Turns out i miss read the amulet when i bought it, this has been changed.
I've also got BM and just under 5K life now but i'm still dying often.
I've seen some people here are getting chaos res, is this why i'm dying often as i'm at -40%
Also i'm levelling leo to get the dot craft.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info