[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

I was happy with MoM until i reached maping. Since then it was common to see me my mana pool down to 0, and not even being able to use warcrys. I took off MoM, spent those points on more life and using the left over mana on determination+vitality for extra defenses. I also can always relay on spamming warcrys.

Any thoughts on that? Does anyone feel like i do about MoM?
Last edited by marsupielago on Aug 9, 2017, 12:37:38 AM
"
marsupielago wrote:
I was happy with MoM until i reached maping. Since then it was common to see me my mana pool down to 0, and not even being able to use warcrys. I took off MoM, spent those points on more life and using the left over mana on determination+vitality for extra defenses. I also can always relay on spamming warcrys.

Any thoughts on that? Does anyone feel like i do about MoM?

i feel similar about mom, but still testing around with mom and BM.

Like i mentioned like 20 times in the guide, i am not entirely sure how good mom performs later on. If i have a conclusion and your feedback about it, i will update it accordingly ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
When should i be using scorching ray totems? Should i use 1+1rf totem?

Right now they seem to do less DPS then my Rf totems even on singular bosses but it might be because my efficacy supp is lv16 and the rest are 18?

I just dont see how its better than RF? Or am i missing something? is it just because it follows the target making things easier? But what about uber lab and stuff.

Thanks for the guide, this has been the only thing i cant wrap my head around!
Hey Milky,

Just wanted to say thanks for making this guide and build. I started this as a leaguestarter and i'm blasting through most maps and Uberlabs.

I only have one issue and that is that i find the build extremely squishy. Even with flasks up and 6.4k Life one hit from a mob seems to drain all mana (MoM) and some HP. Also the single-target DMG isnt so amazing so i was just wondering how this build is able to do t15+, guardians/shaper/uber atziri?

Am i missing something with my character in regards to gear/build?

Thanks on forehand :)!
"
kraytkiller1 wrote:
When should i be using scorching ray totems? Should i use 1+1rf totem?

Right now they seem to do less DPS then my Rf totems even on singular bosses but it might be because my efficacy supp is lv16 and the rest are 18?

I just dont see how its better than RF? Or am i missing something? is it just because it follows the target making things easier? But what about uber lab and stuff.

Thanks for the guide, this has been the only thing i cant wrap my head around!

I use the scorching ray totem only on bosses. It reduces enemy fire resistance by up to -24% and adds a bit extra damage on top.

"
I only have one issue and that is that i find the build extremely squishy. Even with flasks up and 6.4k Life one hit from a mob seems to drain all mana (MoM) and some HP. Also the single-target DMG isnt so amazing so i was just wondering how this build is able to do t15+, guardians/shaper/uber atziri?

Am i missing something with my character in regards to gear/build?

like i said 2 posts ago, i am also testing with and without MoM and it seems like Bloodmagic is just the more solid, fluid option.

I took a look into T15 maps and the only thing that shits on me a bit are the Overgrown Ruins with their high chaos dmg (me and my totems have almost none).

DPS on bosses is fine for me, remember they increased bosslife by A LOT and every build takes longer for those than in 2.6
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
can some on help me

how to see wot is my rf totem real demage

on game character ofensive rf totem dont show demage

how i must know wot is real demage when i test diferent sceptre ???

ty
So I caught myself up on the posts in this thread and thought I'd add my thoughts.

I spent about 2 levels mapping with MoM and had similar problems as others described in the last two pages; I would get hit and then my mana would be at zero and I wouldn't be able to use things like my SR, movement skill, or decoy totem. It seems to me that when you take enough damage, the mana regen doesn't start immediately. I haven't taken the time to learn the detailed mechanics of that skill, but not being able to place
the stuff I needed (or run away) was crippling for me during bosses. I've also since taken off MoM and am currently running 1 curse aura (enfeeble if I need to lower my squishiness, but flammability the rest of the time), a low level clarity and arctic armor, and it does much much better. I even tried a clarity with MoM from level 1 to 8 and it didn't fix my problem. In the next few levels, I plan on grabbing whispers of doom and getting a second curse going soon, likely on a curse on hit with my orb of storms.

Regarding Scorching Ray, it works a bit better for me as a self-cast. Not only does it do more damage since you have room for another damage support gem when you don't need to link it with spell totem, but it gives me something to do between refreshing my totems, which is nice. I've actually had to bump orb of storms from my hotkeys as I don't have enough space for it! It's pretty silly, and I really, really want the benefits of EO / EE and the extra curse with this, but for me, I found that I kill bosses much more effectively and safely when I use 1 RF totem, 1 decoy totem, a searing bond, and then blast scorching ray. With the warcry also bound, a golem, and movement skill, that's all my slots. What I'll likely do is move my golem to a cwdt, but I've never been a huge fan of that. I'm not advocating that anybody also stop using EE / EO /w orb or anything like that, but that decoy totem is a must to safely kill bosses.
One thing that really helped me out with some of the painful things I was feeling with this build, namely squishiness and bad clear speed, was grabbing a weapon and shield that gives me attack and cast speed. It helps me get my totems down way faster, travel through maps, and move away from a boss attack when I need to. It was hard to do any of those things well beforehand. I got them both for 1c on day 2 and 3 respectively, so I'm sure you could find better for cheaper now (gems in the scepter are just there to gain xp).

"
101zombi101 wrote:
can some on help me

how to see wot is my rf totem real demage

on game character ofensive rf totem dont show demage

how i must know wot is real demage when i test diferent sceptre ???

ty

Use Path of Building.
Tnhx Andizlack for unsver

i feel discomfort with MoM and swith to BM

in this way i have this

helm = searing bond
body = rf totem
boots = scour ray totem
sceprte = enduring cry + decou totem and stone golem

and have two questions for y -

1st

hands = orb of storms (1 curse) but after 90 lvl i wont teste using 2 curses from wisperir of doom
in this way wot is better for second curse

Elemental Weakness = Cursed enemies have -(20-39)% to Elemental Resistances
or
Vulnerability = Cursed enemies take 33% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects

and have sense to use second curse ?
with 1 curse i have orb chance crit = 15%
with 2nd curse and not have increase crit support crit chance is = 7%

wot is better second curse or 1 curse with high crit chance for elemental overload ???

2nd

shield = lightening warp and cwdt+ imortal call

wot is level of cwdt and imortal call is the best for using?
imortal call nedd increase duration or not ?
if need nay be better remove lightening warp for increase duration?

i feel discomfort to using shield charge as i move skill
when i cast totem and orb i dont have time for move skill

when i need move over map i have boots with + speed + speed flask and move bonus from uber lab

lightening warp need only for lab moving or moving over obstakles and may be move from boss but this is too slov

TY

PS sory for my english english is not me native language

PPS now i have doryani catalyst with grantet Elemental Proliferation Support 20 lvl
Elemental Proliferation Support Elemental Ailments caused by Supported Skills spread to other enemies in a Radius of 10
20% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite

in this way have sense to move to this sceptre scour ray or searing bound or not?
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 9, 2017, 7:30:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info