[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

I have all your gear and 82 lvl, my life 4916 es 469 and 1219 mana with MoM (i try Blood magic but this nodes give me maybe 300-400 hp). In path of building my dps on rf totem - 167197 (with conc effect) and 63138 on searing bond. With increased AoE dps - 110029.

For next upgrade i think need Doryani catalist? But i check in PoB this give me only 7k dps. Any other ways to up my dps here?

Also with my hp and mana i try Uber lab, first and second encounters too easy for me, but in last battle Izaro just one shot me in first seconds. 4916 hp small pool for Uber lab? I can't see other ways to up my hp, all expensive for me. Need some tips.
I see that you switched from Chieftain to berserker, and though I see your reasoning in clear speed and the warcry buffs (I'm honestly not too familiar with warcries...) I don't fully understand the switch.

IIRC - Soul Mantle's curse still applies if you are spamming the totems to the point that they are being destroyed by you, and with the 100% fire immunity as well as tons of extra hp and placement speed, wouldn't chieftain still be very viable?
What changes brought about switching to Berserker? And is Rite of Ruin just the extra attack speed for clear speed/moving around maps? If it's all clear speed and survivability, it'd be more nice to know.

I'm not sure as this is my first time running this build which is more important, the berserker's advantages in speed and health etc, or the chieftain's seemingly huge damage potential.

Also, Heirophant's pursuit of faith seems possible to make into something incredible for righteous fire builds... However I have little experience.
Last edited by Xenithos on Aug 8, 2017, 1:44:58 PM
why is orb of storms and a trap needed does orb of storms not apply the debuff?
"
uzimoon808 wrote:
why is orb of storms and a trap needed does orb of storms not apply the debuff?

which debuff? If you mean EE its answered every single page and in the guide

@xenithos

curse stacking is only useful on tough bosses, besides that it doesnt really matter.

totems degenerate way slower than in 2.6. The mainbenefit of chieftain was the immunity to fire, but now its way less needed.
rite of ruin only grants attackspeed, on kill effects dont work

i won´t do any gearchecks anymore, its way too timeconsuming for me sorry. This gets out of hand quickly.

Stuff you need is listed in the gear section. got 20hp + 2x 10% resist gloves? upgrade to 60hp + 3x 30 resist gloves. The build has very few things on gear that are needed compared to others. We just want life, resists, armour and enough dexterity to use our gem that require it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Elemental Equilibrium Special Section

"
Elemental Equilibrium (often referred to as EE) is a keystone passive skill which changes the resistance of any monster you hit with elemental damage (fire damage, lightning damage and cold damage), increasing resistance to the element you hit with by 25% but reducing other elemental resistances by 50%. Multiple EE strikes will overwrite each other. The effect lasts 5 seconds or until being overwritten.

Only a hit that deals damage is required to apply these resistance modifiers. Blocked hits or hits with no damage (e.g. while having Ancestral Bond) are not capable to trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

Damage which does not come from a hit, such as Searing Bond or the burning ground from Fire Trap, does not trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

Traps and Mines trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

-wiki

This means, as long as we use Ancestral Bond we NEED a trap or mine with cold or lightning damage to debuff the enemy with -50% fire resistance.

If we DON`T use Ancestral Bond, because we have additional totems with Soulmantle or Tukohamas Fortress, every DIRECT HIT can apply the debuff. In that case no trap is needed because we use Orb of Storms that applies the debuff.

DoT skills like righteous fire, searing bond or scorching ray DO NOT debuff enemys with EE since they do not hit a target.

With the build i usually skill Ancestral Bond for the extra totem and screen coverage UNTIL i use SoulMantle and/or Tukohamas Fortress. Then i respecc Ancestral Bond so i dont have to use traps anymore (which can be quite annoying)

added this section in the guide

"
I see that you switched from Chieftain to berserker, and though I see your reasoning in clear speed and the warcry buffs (I'm honestly not too familiar with warcries...) I don't fully understand the switch.

IIRC - Soul Mantle's curse still applies if you are spamming the totems to the point that they are being destroyed by you, and with the 100% fire immunity as well as tons of extra hp and placement speed, wouldn't chieftain still be very viable?
What changes brought about switching to Berserker? And is Rite of Ruin just the extra attack speed for clear speed/moving around maps? If it's all clear speed and survivability, it'd be more nice to know.

I'm not sure as this is my first time running this build which is more important, the berserker's advantages in speed and health etc, or the chieftain's seemingly huge damage potential.

Also, Heirophant's pursuit of faith seems possible to make into something incredible for righteous fire builds... However I have little experience.

You are missing the berserkers Aspect of carnage. 40% more damage is huge. Chieftans damage cannot compare to that node alone. And on the way to this node you are picking up attack speed so clearing is faster. The Warbringer node is also very nice. Enduring cry has a buildt in regen on top of the 25% life and mana every two second.
Last edited by Cryton1000 on Aug 8, 2017, 2:52:27 PM
"
Cryton1000 wrote:
"
Enduring cry has a buildt in regen on top of the 25% life and mana every two second.

650,1 hp (lvl 20 enduring cry) without a linked duration gem to be excact on top of the instant heal

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 8, 2017, 3:00:19 PM
Thank you for your replies guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Turned out the changes to totems are awesome, and the damage can still be attained with Berserker.

I love the guide so far, and the way you have the skill tree set up and several other points and the leveling part are all very well made and clear while being brisk. Loving it :)

I also personally appreciate the grouping of gems and damage types into more and increased while having the explanation at the bottom of each detailing what it was. I already knew them, but having the relevant ones grouped and the explanation made it easier to pass the guide along and explain how it works to others :D
Last edited by Xenithos on Aug 8, 2017, 4:40:12 PM
Just wondering but doesn't the swift affliction gem not work with righteous fire? it doesn't link for me so was wondering why it is still recommended?

Also doing a chieftain build myself and so far clearing with piss poor gear is doing fine even at rare t7-8 maps. Everything burns fast and I don't even have 5link soul mantle and wrong skills on orb/ray links. Will let you know if it breaks down horribly at higher levels.
"
pushtomorrow wrote:
Just wondering but doesn't the swift affliction gem not work with righteous fire? it doesn't link for me so was wondering why it is still recommended?

it works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info