[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
blahblah1235 wrote:
sorry, another noob question, can we use other weapons for this build like wands? or its strictly sceptres only, if so, why?

sceptres are the only weapons with a elemental damage implicit. wands usually have spelldm and dagger crit, which are useless for us.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Absolutely loving the build so far, thanks for all your work on the guide!
Another question regarding affixe on weapons armor jewerly:

So first priority is life, all res caping.

What are other must have stats on each of the equipment slots, and what stats are nice to have?
There are so many affixe i dont get which are usefull for this build.

Another question: what must have sockets should my first soul mantle have?
Atleast 2 blue 1 red linked? Or atleast 3 blue 1 red to be atleast a little useful?
Last edited by Enterich on Aug 6, 2017, 11:43:47 AM
"
Enterich wrote:
Another question regarding affixe on weapons armor jewerly:

So first priority is life, all res caping.

What are other must have stats on each of the equipment slots, and what stats are nice to have?
There are so many affixe i dont get which are usefull for this build.

Another question: what must have sockets should my first soul mantle have?
Atleast 2 blue 1 green linked ?

priority on gear:

1. Life + Elemental resistances
2. Dexterity, enough to have 111 total for max lvl faster attack gem
3. chaos resistance, armour and firedamage
4. Strength for more HP

thats the priority list for me. It´s a non crit, non attack build. There isn´t much besides defensive stats that the build needs.

for jewels i have a jewel section with everything useful listed.

weapon wants elemental, firedmg% and burning damage%
What we absolutely dont want is added Fire damage wth spells, that ruins elemental equilibrium (if we deal direct hit fire damage enemys GAIN fire resistance)

well i would start with a 4link soulmantle. 3x blue 1x red.

Righteous fire + elemental focus + burning damage + aoe / conc effect. (Spelltotem is included in the item of course)

Also keep in mind, after finishing act 10 there is another resistance penalty. You need 90 elemental resistances (91 for fire) to have full resists when cursed with elemental weakness + flammability/conductivity/frostbite. This is the case with 2x kikazaru.

If you are totally broke and don´t have kikazarus yet (or alternatively if you dont wanna use them) you want 1-2 flasks with curse removal

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 6, 2017, 11:50:28 AM
Cost 7c for my soul mantle and rings yesterday so it was pretty easy to put together as my first purchase. It made a huge difference and I definitely recommend getting it at 49 if you can afford it by then.
Can you let me know why my RF totems are dying so fast? I followed the guide exactly and I just hit 40 but I seemed to struggle less when I was using Sunder. It seems like if I put my totem down in a group they kill it before the damage can even pop off.
Hey Milky thanks for keeping this updated constantly, and always trying to respond to people. Was playing this all through beta and loved it, however I had a question after the most recent nerfs.

You mention Soul Mantle is pretty much mandatory at this point. Is that true even for early white-yellow maps? I play exclusively SSF (self found), and was hoping to play this build again. Do you think it will still work as my initial build, to do white/yellow maps and farm up gear for a stronger "late" game build (even without a Soul Mantle)?

Thanks!
"
SeriousX wrote:
Can you let me know why my RF totems are dying so fast? I followed the guide exactly and I just hit 40 but I seemed to struggle less when I was using Sunder. It seems like if I put my totem down in a group they kill it before the damage can even pop off.

maybe level your spell totem gem ;)

@superkegs

i dont know, using a mantle since 49, worked better with each level even without it. But i am not sure about the current mapping capabilitys without it. Probably not that bad.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 6, 2017, 5:24:03 PM
my lvl 82 skilltree

bought the jewellers touch prophecy for 24c to ezpz 5link the chest.
got slightly overcapped resist, not enough to swap out my all res jewels :P But everything feels good at this state, running t6-8 maps mainly. Building up the mappool

At the end of the day i finished my Uberlab very easy, i upload the kill tomorrow.
It was Idols and Essences. Killed him too fast in phase 1 so i sadly missed 1 key (idols is the easiest mod...).

I think i keep most of the gear as it is for the moment and wait until gear gets cheaper to upgrade several slots. Got my resists over 91/90/90 what do i want more atm ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 6, 2017, 5:32:46 PM
"
Cost 7c for my soul mantle and rings yesterday so it was pretty easy to put together as my first purchase. It made a huge difference and I definitely recommend getting it at 49 if you can afford it by then.

It seems soul mantles geting more expensive hour by hour.
Tryed to buy a 3b 1r 4 linked for 1 choas.. it was gone after some minutes and the same armor was sold for 9c some minutes later Oo

Even 3b 1r not linked ones are pretty expensive and you still need some fusing for it.

I hope ill get lucky to farm enough for a decent soul mantle :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info