[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
yes just follow it. I just picked the melee nodes at the marauder stsrt to have more dmg with sunder and respecced them later.

uber atziri should still be doable, but the splitphase will be rougher due to the vaal lightning trap nerf. Overall its just a encounter where you need to know the fight.

finally finished act 1-10 after roughly 9 hours. Man, those most in act 10 hit like a truck :P carry a granite :P

gear cost so far: 8 chaos. Soulmantle for 4c and 2 kikazaru for 2c each.

On day 2-3 those prices will lower to 1c for each item ;)

Vaaled a self-flagellation with my first vaal orb, just got a shitty 11% roll, but better than nothing i would say. Will upgrade that over time.

So my next step is doing some unid chaos recipes and overcap my resists and get some life on my gear ;)

I like those journey post! Keep em posting :D

Btw are you from germany? Your accent sounds familar.
yes i am ;)

I will once i go off this evening
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Why do you need spell crit in your weapon?? Just for OoS to proc elemental equlibrum?
Hi, after reading all the info I got confused: Does OoS proc Equilibrium when using ancestral bound or not?

Other than that, awesome build and guide, 100% recommended as a league starter
"
blahblah1235 wrote:
Why do you need spell crit in your weapon?? Just for OoS to proc elemental equlibrum?

what? you don´t need spellcrit on the weapon. If some rare weapon has it, its not bad to trigger Elemental overload faster on singletarget, but thats it. there are better stats.

The day emds for me with lvl 71

Got the Soulmantle + Kikazaru + a bad self-flagellation today for a total of 8c. bought the weapon and shield for 1c each as well. the rest is selfcrafted/found. Overall very shitty gear, but mapping works really good atm.

So my next step for the character is upgrading the gear.

i wanna use Hrimnors resolve, but need improvements on other slots to use it to have enough resists. Two toned boots with good resists will help a lot. My issue with that is, i need a 4l 4x blue item in the gloves, every other slot would cost too much to chrome. So first new gloves :P

still using purity of elements and wanna get rid of it to use clarity instead, but i need around 25 all ele res first

after that i wanna 4 link everything to enable every setup

in between ofc better rolled flasks.

So far everything up to T4 maps melts without any great jewel and a cheap weapon. I expect a smooth gameplay until t8-9 maps with the offensive part, then i will try my luck to 5link another soulmantle ;)

"
Biowned wrote:
Hi, after reading all the info I got confused: Does OoS proc Equilibrium when using ancestral bound or not?

No, only with a trap or mine.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 5, 2017, 5:29:09 PM
Are you still going for the life&armor skills if you pick up the physical damage skills? Or directly rushing towards ancestral bonds?
Milkyslice, due to your 'minute till midnight' complete 360 degrees change to your build, just before 3.0 is released, I can only say:

Your weapon GEMs suggestion section is a COMPLETE MESS!

I don't know if you knew what you were thinking when you re-wrote it. I keep reading it over and over, and I can't figureout...

FIRST you remove tukohama shield which was giving you option for another totem.
THEN in your WEAPON GEM section you gave 2 choices:

...let me quote that section completely:

"

Weapon:

Ok this slot highly depends on your preference. i cover some good gemchoices:

Enduring Cry - A good chunk of healthregen on a berserker and endurance charge generation

Rallying Cry - some extra damage and manaregeneration (useful for Mind over Matter, not for Blood Magic)

Stonegolem - liferegen and sometimes a taunt. I like a high lvl cast when damage taken with it

Immortal Call - coupled with cast when damage taken and enduring cry very useful

Ice/Lightning trap - needed with ancestral bond to trigger elemental equilibrium. which one you use doesn´t matter, pick the one you have a free color for

Decoy Totem - very useful in dangerous encounters. might not work well with constant berserker warcry taunting haven´t tested it yet with a berserker

Clarity - for MoM ofc. Not sure how well it performs, will test it and post the result

i recommend the following setups:

With Ancestral Bond
Stonegolem or Decoy Totem or Clarity + Enduring/Rallying Cry + Ice/Lightning Trap

Without Ancestral Bond

Enduring Cry + cwdt + immortal call - a defensive setup for mapping

Rallying Cry + Stone golem + Clarity - lazy mapping setup

Enduring/Rallying Cry + Stone Golem + Decoy Totem - the best of everything, but recasting the golem can be annoying

You gave up BM for MoM right? so your choice for 'with ancestral bond' giving me a choice to pick one of the 3 gems: "Stonegolem or Decoy Totem or Clarity"

you said: "Clarity - for MoM ofc"

So, I need Clarity, because you made last minute changes to this build to be MoM? We talked in chat and you told me...for izaro: You put 'decoy totem near izaro, RF totem and searing bond'

If I have to pick 'Clarity' instead of 'decoy totem', then I'm left without decoy totem, and izaro or other taugh bosses will go straigh to kill me, without noticing other 'obisticles' in this case 'RF totem'.

Your 2nd suggestion Without Ancestral Bond ... I mean WTF ??? Whole time we were running towards that specific skill tree point, and now you suggesting 'without Ancestral Bond' setup?
So without tukohama and 'Ancestral Bond' Im left casting ONLY ONE totem? In this case RF totem? Where is 'space' for 2nd totem (decoy one) to prevent anything to go directly killing me?

Can you PLEASE be more specific about what you wrote in that section (EDIT and eXplain more please). Right now it looks like you suggested every GEM that came to your mind in that specific moment when you decided to change your build setup.

You also told me over chat that ONLY first 2 ascendancies are most important. BUT OFC that was when you were in 3.0 beta, and when this build was still for CHIEFTAN and not for berserker.

When it was for CHIEFTAN, 2nd ascendancy (from cruel) was 'Tukohama, War's Herald' which made totems immune to fire. Now, we need 'elemental focus' to make them more resistant to fire so they don't die, ...because berserker doesn't have totem fire protection?

I'm reading ascendancy nodes for both CHIEFTAN and BERSERKER, and its obvious that CHIEFTAN was made for 'totem' builds. (they have nodes that mantion 'totems' and burning dmg.

As I said, I'm reading over and over, and I can't figureout why you switched this build. For days I was preparing for this build to be my league starter. Took all the notes from your guide inside a TEXT file (so I can read it as I go), and just the day when 3.0 is going to be release you completely switched everything in your guide section.

oh, and one more thing...

You changed your topic title from:
[2.6] Milky's Righteous Burning Totems [cheap, Shaper, UberAtziri]
to
[3.0] Milky's Righteous Burning Totems [cheap, Shaper, UberAtziri]

...yet, you still have to see if it is possible to do UberAtziri with your new (last minute change from Chieftan to Berserker) build ...but you didn't removed that part (UberAtziri) from your title.

Cmon man.... a lot of ppl looking which build to pick as league starter, and you have 'UberAtziri' in your title? ...but you still didn't killed her with this setup? You will confuse people into thinking that build works for UberAtziri before you even did it. Please keep editing your title as you progress toward those kills you mantioned in your title.
Last edited by drunkydragon on Aug 5, 2017, 7:12:51 PM
Uber Atziri is really easy to do by most totem builds.

You don't run Ancestral Bond if you have Soul Mantle or the totem shield, unless you want to cover a lot of area with 3 totems. That much is explained in the guide.

Why he choses berserker over chieftain is also explained.

About clarity vs decoy totem, as he clearly said in his guide, he has yet to test MoM, if MoM gives enough tankiness to survive all but one shot mechanics, clarity is the way to go, else use decoy totem on hard bosses.

Most of the info you're looking for is on the second post. Pay more attention.

Last edited by Biowned on Aug 5, 2017, 7:47:22 PM
thank you for your hard working on keep this Milky's totem build going well in 3.0

I am your FC since 2.6 and just realize your build no longer "secret great build start" anymore (found your build in lifting nerd Ch on youtube)

I just hope that this build cost would not go any higher than before.

kikazaru 3C
self-flag 5c
4-linked soul mantle 12c
5-linked soul mantle 26c

price cheked at posting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info