[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
vmark41 wrote:
Is there an updated version for Uber Lab tips with Heiro?
The one on the front page is still for the old Berserk build.

I'll look over it. Its not much different. if you wanna be safe place some totems before big trap parts and izaro is cheezed by decoy totem. Not relly harder than the normal lab ;)

although i didn't actually tried the build this league, i already felt Uber Lab is pretty easy with the build. Thanks for the reply :)

is this a good league starter to get to uber lab farming at 1st week of league? I might try this next league
"
vmark41 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
vmark41 wrote:

I'll look over it. Its not much different. if you wanna be safe place some totems before big trap parts and izaro is cheezed by decoy totem. Not relly harder than the normal lab ;)

although i didn't actually tried the build this league, i already felt Uber Lab is pretty easy with the build. Thanks for the reply :)

is this a good league starter to get to uber lab farming at 1st week of league? I might try this next league

i would like to know the answer to this too :)
"
vmark41 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
vmark41 wrote:

yes for sure.

Izaro is a joke with decoy totem and the worst trapsetups can be cheesed with a quick totemspam at the beginning for the high regen.
Some brightbeak + prismatic weaponswap for navigation and you're done.

could even go so far and use kaoms roots (no slows, high life) and drop rft entirely for uberlab. boss dps is basically the only thing needed.

For izaro just place the decoy, sb totem, sr totems and oos while he goes up and dodge his first attack. done.

Can you farm uberlab in the 1st week? Yes and no, depends totally on your playtime :p You could run uberlab on day 1 or struggle reaching act 10 in a week with 30min playtime a day ;)

Usually by the time you can enter uberlab on the first char... you can also farm it. With a lower lvl and horrible gear you can always take extra safety measures ofc. As a pure uberlab farmer Sanctuary of Though is a good option over Conviction of Power. The extra hp pool can be useful for izaro
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 7, 2018, 1:24:36 PM
So i attempted my first uber elder on this build today and made it through with 4 rips.

I learned a lot during the fight, especially for gearing! (and that swift affliction doesnt work anymore yaiks!)

I don't really understand the part "Multiple RFT do NOT stack damage". So if I place 2 or even 3 RFT at the same time, the damage dealed to boss is equal to when I place only one RFT? Did you misunderstand somewhere or do you know something that I don't?
Is Dyadian Dawn good for this build?
"
williammai94 wrote:
I don't really understand the part "Multiple RFT do NOT stack damage". So if I place 2 or even 3 RFT at the same time, the damage dealed to boss is equal to when I place only one RFT? Did you misunderstand somewhere or do you know something that I don't?

Righteous fire cant stack you can read the wiki for more details.
How come doesn't swift afflication work with searing bond anymore ?
There is no "duration" keyword on the searing bond gem so it does make sense, but judging by a quick look at one of the video, it seems like it used to work actually ...

Without swift afflication, support candidates for SB beyond elemental focus and burning damage are ....

- empower
- minion and totem elemental resistances (gives also +19% more dmg)

is that it ? Can't think about any others ... :S
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
If you only get 3 power charges, what is the uptime of EO? It seems like it stays up decent for only 120% crit.
Im using your build as a reference for my starter next league. Endgame I am going CI/ES though so I want to switch to the 30% mana as extra es with the -10% mana reservation node instead of the endurance/power charge node. I still want to use EO, so I was wondering if it would even proc enough solo farming, or would I need to be in a group with someone sharing charges to actually to keep the uptime similar?
I have no way to test this is why I ask as I didn't play this past league. I map with a golemancer who shares all charges most of the time, so its not a big deal. I just wonder if the uptime will be worth it without power charges doing solo uber lab, atziri, or shaper runs, or if I will need to rework my gems/items in order to get power charges.

thanks-
Pat
"
Towncamper wrote:
If you only get 3 power charges, what is the uptime of EO? It seems like it stays up decent for only 120% crit.
Im using your build as a reference for my starter next league. Endgame I am going CI/ES though so I want to switch to the 30% mana as extra es with the -10% mana reservation node instead of the endurance/power charge node. I still want to use EO, so I was wondering if it would even proc enough solo farming, or would I need to be in a group with someone sharing charges to actually to keep the uptime similar?
I have no way to test this is why I ask as I didn't play this past league. I map with a golemancer who shares all charges most of the time, so its not a big deal. I just wonder if the uptime will be worth it without power charges doing solo uber lab, atziri, or shaper runs, or if I will need to rework my gems/items in order to get power charges.

thanks-
Pat

just use a crit gem in orb of storms and its basically the same as the powercharges, doesnt really matter for the eo uptime (except shield charge won't trigger it)

my only issue with an es route is keeping es full. With Life/es we got the split incoming dmg and both regenerate decently with the %mana regen and life regen. With es the manaregen is completely useless and you almost cut the total regen in half that way. Vaal discipline is great in supporting it, but probably not enough in longer fights.

"
How come doesn't swift afflication work with searing bond anymore ?
There is no "duration" keyword on the searing bond gem so it does make sense, but judging by a quick look at one of the video, it seems like it used to work actually ...

Without swift afflication, support candidates for SB beyond elemental focus and burning damage are ....

- empower
- minion and totem elemental resistances (gives also +19% more dmg)

is that it ? Can't think about any others ... :S

yeah forgot to change that, changed with 3.3.

Empower is definelty better than minion and totem ele res in terms of dps and totem survivability.
On the other side you could just use a 3link or even stand alone just for the regeneration via hierophant or drop it entirely.

Searing Bond is meaningful for dps early on, but falls off with better gear. Its a bit extra (like 10% of the total) dps, a bit regen and the main selling point that it counts as an extra totem. On top it can cover a big area like 4 portals in a elder fights while scorching ray/rf more like 1-2 totems depending on the placement.

"
Is Dyadian Dawn good for this build?

except that it has good life and resist for its cost and can be used for coulrruption implicits... it doesnt offer anything special since all the special propertys don't work on the build.

"

Yes, you didnt missunderstood anything.
RF just doesnt stack, even between different players or players totems.
thats why we use scorching ray totems for singletarget (since those stack their dmg) and rf totems for clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info