Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Excuse my noobishness, but how can I tell if a rare scepter is as good/better DPS than Doryani's?

Can you just add, Doryani's is 100+32 = 132, so any scepter that adds up to >= 132 should be as good/better for damage?
"
cdrpoe wrote:
Excuse my noobishness, but how can I tell if a rare scepter is as good/better DPS than Doryani's?

Can you just add, Doryani's is 100+32 = 132, so any scepter that adds up to >= 132 should be as good/better for damage?

yes for raw dmg thats correct.

Other factors can be important as well. Attackspeed for faster movmentskills is for me a must-have and castspeed can make everything a bit smoother (faster oos casting, higher eo proccrate, rf acticates a tiny bit faster, sr gets stacks faster...).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Oh goodness me. Next week's patch will let Vaal RF be cast by Totems. Will that cause any significant changes to damage?
"
SurrealSadi wrote:
Oh goodness me. Next week's patch will let Vaal RF be cast by Totems. Will that cause any significant changes to damage?

depending how you look on it :p

I havent checked pob yet (traveling for work), but i think it doesnt matter much at all.

Either you use VRF yourself and buff SR totem dps OR use VRF with the spelltotem for occacional burst dmg OR both ;)

PoB is no longer telling me that swift affliction is the big deeps, and hovering over RF in game isn't highlighting SA. I tested it with a guildie in PvP, and didn't notice any difference, either.

Did something change in 3.3?

EDIT: Aah dick my ass, I just saw your post clicking back through the pages. I checked the OP to see updates but didn't see any D:
sigfault
Last edited by Asday on Jun 14, 2018, 8:37:31 PM
"
Asday wrote:
PoB is no longer telling me that swift affliction is the big deeps, and hovering over RF in game isn't highlighting SA. I tested it with a guildie in PvP, and didn't notice any difference, either.

Did something change in 3.3?

EDIT: Aah dick my ass, I just saw your post clicking back through the pages. I checked the OP to see updates but didn't see any D:

its written down in the 3.3 post on top of my guide and updated the gem section. Just have no PoB update yet ;p

Yeah, looking at it now I have NO idea how I missed it.
sigfault
hi Milki,

what do you think about "Coward's Chains belt" ?

Is the "unlucky" worth it? Does unlucky also reduce the crit chance of the enemy?

"
hitreza wrote:
hi Milki,

what do you think about "Coward's Chains belt" ?

Is the "unlucky" worth it? Does unlucky also reduce the crit chance of the enemy?

I would consider it with a good belt corruption for sure. It can be hard to squueze in without any resist and already many non/low resist items. The missing liferoll isnt a big issue considering that incoming dmg will be lower with this belt anyway.

"Enemies are Unlucky when Damaging you while you are Cursed with Vulnerability"

It should work with any HIT against you from enemys (probably not labtraps etc),no matter if its a crit or noncrit.

The mod shines against lightning dmg in particular since the dmg rolls are spread more than on other dmg types (one of the most dangerous mobs are arc-grills from null portals and spark skellis).

If a spell/attack can deal 200-800 dmg for excample and it rolls 600 dmg... you take it. With the belt you get a second roll which can be lower dmg or higher dmg,but it will always choose the lowest roll. In that excample you could reduce the incoming dmg by up to 400 dmg or none, but you will never take more dmg. Overall a pretty strong defensive mod.

"crits are lucky/unlucky" determines if you are more or less likely to get crit or not (or the enemys).

Overall the belt can fit quite well in the build since the major downside (the curse) is mostly negated IF you can cover the missing resists (belt is a easy resist slot) and get 1 or 2 good corruptions on it (all res, life% etc)

Thanks again for the great explaination Milki!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info