[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

2.6 was the only league where soulmantle was aviable with the changes and i never had dps issues before that.

Its obvious that the level 20 spelltotem adds tons of damage early on, but is only really noticeable on bosses.

The boss hp changes affect any build and the build is suited well for that. Before the change it was hard to even use VLT/EE on a regular mapboss ;)

I agree that Crit warchief/pizza can deal more damage with better gear, but rft way more damage with no gear.
thats the nature of a critbuild, those can scale way futher than any non crit builds.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
bro i already know all that i leveled rf totem to 95 LHC with non soul mantle build and dmg wasn't really fantastic, people calling for nerf to RF piss me off. its not OP at all. the power gap between soul mantle and nonsoul mantle widening thanks to more MORE dmg gems available for RF introduced in 3.0 is fueling this perception

"
level 20 spelltotem adds tons of damage early on, but is only really noticeable on bosses.

theres a really big difference in dmg between <lvl18 spell totem standard 5l and pseudo 6l soul mantle, which will be exacerbated in 3.0. like 15s-20s? thats big.

another way, imagine there exist a chest that give you lvl20 flameblast support that you can equip at lvl 40ish. everyone will be crying opieOP over that, it instantly becomes BiS and a matter of which racers/streamer get their hand on that item first will dominate the ladder.
Last edited by forthelulz123 on Jun 17, 2017, 3:15:54 AM
ofc there is a big difference.

3.0 changed the burning dmg gem which is almost as strong as two dps supports previously. Pyre with its 80-100 burning dmg is a new addition which adds tons of dps without soulmantle as well.

I made the math between soulmantle and non Mantle 1-2 pages earlier, the difference is ofc there (50% totem life do their work), but not as big. The damage will be higher without soulmantle in 3.0 than it is with one in 2.6.

Its obvious that soulmantle is insanely good at the start with lvl 49 in any aspect. No need to discuss that :p

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 17, 2017, 4:19:33 AM
Ah right, which reminds me, I think Berserker w/MoM might shine more in 3.0 with his warcry adding 25% mana as well, granted, Cheiftain still has more regen.
"
luciel_kun27 wrote:
Ah right, which reminds me, I think Berserker w/MoM might shine more in 3.0 with his warcry adding 25% mana as well, granted, Cheiftain still has more regen.

Without a tukohamas fortress (if its not the goal) its definetly a good option to pick mom on a berserker.

what i dislike about a berserker is the interaction between warcrys and decoy totem

Will you be doing a 3.0 update on this guide?
"
clencidarius wrote:
Will you be doing a 3.0 update on this guide?

ofc i will, even got a 3.0 beta section on page 1. I will start updating the whole guide at a late state of the beta, there might be some additions/changes over time

Leveling question.

I'm playing this build in the Beta right now to get a feel for it, and there is a drop just after A4 called a Crystal Sceptre. Would this be a good upgrade to use with the +1 Fire gems if you can't get a hold of the uniques at the start of the new content / playing Solo Self Found SSF? Or is there a better 2h option to try and get a 4 link on?

Or maybe a Horned Sceptre which penetrates resistances?
Last edited by dirin on Jun 17, 2017, 12:26:59 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
luciel_kun27 wrote:

Without a tukohamas fortress (if its not the goal) its definetly a good option to pick mom on a berserker.

what i dislike about a berserker is the interaction between warcrys and decoy totem

Yeap, what I normally do is i use warcry then decoy, so it didn't really pose much of a problem for me (for now)

Decided to go Berserker for Live 3.0.0 for the MoM free mana lulz gave up on testing in beta (was testing out scorching ray but i think I love rf totems gameplay too much LOL)
why tukohama is soo expensive?..anyway im selling all my rf gear and jewels , and respecting to try this guide..im done playing unsafe/useless guides for new players :P, maybe totems is the right/best/meant way to go with chieftain!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info