[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

May I please ask if I am understanding one core aspect of RF Totems correctly:

- Do RF totems stack damage?

I seem to have read in a different thread that RF spectres (Wicker Men) do not stack, and someone there said that this is the same for all RF functions. Not sure how accurate that information is. If that is so, I need to understand how to play better. Will positioning my totems to overlap on a single boss net more damage or is it absolutely useless and I need to spread them out to increase my effective area? Thank you.

Minor side questions: I do not yet have a linked Soul Mantle (bad luck with jewelers so far), but I DO happen to have a nicely linked Infernal Mantle. I notice that you do not mention the IM in your alternative gear setup. But wouldn't it be halfway decent for a Blood Magic build? Obviously not as nice as Soul Mantle and the setup here, but it would free up 2 ring slots and 1 jewel slot (at the loss of free seventh link and massive totem life bonus, should I ever get mine socketed and linked). Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks much
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
rf damage does not stack, only one totem deals damage to a single target. The reason for multiple totems is aoe coverage.

Infernal mantle does almost nothing for the build. Any rare item would be better.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 11, 2017, 1:23:44 AM
just returned to the game and have never tried a marauder build before. any quick advice for getting started please with this build as I have not played since breach and will be a little rusty. thanks.
Umbral Spectre's non-steam forum account for when steam goes down.

The company known as "Death On The Battlefield"
was on the wrong account. LoL.

think I can find my way round this a bit better now though. still any advice would be awesome for someone just coming back to game regarding the build.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
"
Umbra_Hado wrote:
just returned to the game and have never tried a marauder build before. any quick advice for getting started please with this build as I have not played since breach and will be a little rusty. thanks.

good thing i have a levelingsection and videos about that ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Umbra_Hado wrote:

good thing i have a levelingsection and videos about that ;)

thanks.. will look for it.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Awesome guide you've got. Was just wondering if in the future, you could perhaps paste a link to the tree rather than the pics. it's quite a bit easier for us readers. I know you've put some time into this guide, it's understandable that you dont paste the tree link. just a suggestion :)
Honestly, his pictures of the tree with the coloring and how he has it set up is what originally drew me to the guide, It's superbly well done and he keeps it updated for each patch. I love how he has it represented!
Oi!

Thank you for the guide!

Iam a new player, started around last race, perandus I think. Built without help then and turned out good enough for slow first time playthrough.
Played around with 2 melee's, trying to recreate my Grim Dawn char.

So wanted something new, looked around and found yours...

For a new player the idea of using totems and not even being able to do dmg yourself looked/sounded so wierd^^ but the Superior guide you created got me hooked.
So I went yolo and got to work = )
Now iam at lv 92-93, next to perfect catalyst and freshly bought tukohama.

Easy build to play (not that I tried much else yet^^), very cheap except for not necessary items like tukohama and very endgame viable.

Ok now this thank you starting to take the form of "wall of text"....

Players looking for a build, TRY IT.
Very well constructed guide you made! Very detailed with clear structure wich is important for having a good guide. Tried it on Hc, got till lvl 76 and died stupidly :) 2nd version i adapted a bit, no blood magic or spidersilk kikazaru combo, but hrimnors resolve with pyre ring and flammability w blasphemy, and aiming for a tukohama shield now and switch back to your build with that. Lvl 86 now and all is running well.

To all players, this guide does what it says in its title
Great guide, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info