Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

Awwww man. No gg foils for me :(
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Disappointing, leaguestones looked like a nice way to avoid the inevitable league mechanic clutter in the base game. Also Talisman becoming inaccessible again. Too bad.

What about Brutus' Lead Sprinkler? Will it also be changed to be local?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Aw, bummer about Leaguestones!

I was hoping they could just be conflated with the Classic Zana. You know, like, the map device has 4 slots -- perfect for adding a map and three leaguestoens!

I was hoping so much for the following that I had nearly convinced myself GGG would do something like this:

-- Leaguestones don't drop; you buy them from Zana
-- Maybe 1 Leaguestone per day for lvl 7 Zana and above; small chance for her to offer blue/modded ones
-- Maybe leaguestones have a fixed price much like the random uniques sold by lvl 8 masters
-- Offers a chance to purchase a Leaguestone for a League that is NOT currently available in the Map Device for a particular league
-- For balance, maybe Laguestones would not allow Map Device Crafting for the same league. Although, I'd love it if you were able to run double leagues, or potentially more than 3 at a time. Maybe there could be a 3 league mod cap, though, regardless.

As for Breaches, I agree that restricting them to Maps is better for leveling... with Breach, I leveled a character to 70 before I even got to Merciless Dominus.

But maybe can you increase the splinter drop rate or number? It's already slow-going collecting splinters when Breaches are plentiful... when they are more restricted, it'd be nice to have the splinter drop rate increased to average out a bit.
Wow, thats like the worst possible way to handle it... I don't know why i always expect more from you guys just to set myself up for disappointment, but further buffing the already broken and stupid sextant system and removing the best core mechanic you ever implemented into the game rly is next level bullshit!

I gotta say, congratulations on that part, you again outdone yourself in making bad decisions!

I like the "Hand of Wisdom and Action" and the "Hand of Thought and Motion" change tough, this way the item makes a lot more sense and is a lot more usable...

I wonder how long it takes for you to realize that you have to improve the freaking core game instead of what ever the f*** you are doing for years now... patching in gr8 content to then remove it again and/or nerfing it into insignificance... srsly there is something rly wrong with you guys...

And yeah i know you cant have all of it in there at the value it had in its league, but thats not what i ask for, i would have been ok with blank league stones...
Last edited by Darkmixxer on May 30, 2017, 9:02:28 PM
Legacy was the best...even if i only played until lvl 82 and never found any relics, It was a superb experience, i was never bored on a map and it`s a shame it`s not continued in STANDARD at least, that would make me play standard from time to time when i don`t have time to start over in a new league without no currency/items...etc. #MakeLegacyAgain
I think the Legacy league mechanics should be part of the Standard/Hardcore Leagues only, while it is more overhead for newer players, it is an optional layer you can choose to ignore entirely. It is not like there is anything about this game that is player friendly. I think it would also help to prevent the base leagues from being ghost towns when new leagues pop up and would give more variety to standard play to offset the benefits of a new league that comes with new perks.

As to Zana, I think Legacy highlighted how restrictive it was using different mechanics via Zana, it is worth spending the chaos for some leagues, not worth it for other leagues and Zana doesn't allow standard/hardcore to gain access to new legacy versions of items, one of the main benefits of playing the core leagues.

Legacy allowed us to re-live older leagues that we otherwise not choose to do so via Zana. After all, it is all about having fun and in Standard/Hardcore, it isn't about "balance", the legacy items tend to break any semblance of balance.
Really disappointed, i was hoping league stone mechanics would merge and continue in the standard game. At least you should make them work on end game maps like Breach.

Really disappointed
Last edited by Adfox73 on May 30, 2017, 9:02:45 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Leaguestones will therefore not function in normal leagues and will no longer drop.

Can we get official word on whether or not Leaguestones in the normal leagues will be tradable? I fear that many players unaware of these changes would fall prone to scams advertising that they are still useful when put up for sale.
Glad to hear Breach is becoming core. Hopefully 10% is enough to make collecting splinters not too much of a chore.

I agree that Breach is too much for leveling content. I remember leveling my first character in that league quite well: I died like 40 times before Merciless Dried Lake when in "normal" content I usually only die a couple times when pushing too aggressively with shitty gear. Breach's damage output and need for DPS tears up undergeared characters.
https://redd.it/p0hyul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info