The Fall of Oriath: Boss Concept Art

Beautiful!
The hype is real! The first one looks like it has the Black Goku halo!
The totem one is pretty awesome

Spoiler
sorry I just have to...

Are you telling me there's skeletons hiding inside of us?! 2spooky4me

Brace yourselves for nerf news when Legacy league leaguestones migrate to standard leagues. They will be like all other challenge league mechanics that move to standard and are nerfed to the point of being completely useless (in this case way too rare to get an LS to drop). I hate the fact that GGG thinks starvation is the best way to get us to chase the carrot for years of playing PoE. No one wants rain of riches, too much quality loot like TL2 did is very bad but equally bad is too much starvation. Right now the LS drop rate is perfect. GGG does not need to nerf but will anyway just because they can.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Spoiler
"
TauOrigin wrote:

10/10
"
Exile009 wrote:

Paragraphs 1, 2 and 4 are sensible. Paragraph 3 is little more than overgeneralized hyperbole based on anecdotal experience.

I mean fair enough, I was waving my fist and telling them to get off mah lawn in that paragraph, here's the thing I'll say in my own defense: anecdotal experience isn't proof or fact, but it's also not automatically untrue either :)
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
GGG if you guys add League stones to the core game, you realize you basically can never have a "flashback" league again without it being a disappointing league?

It will also be the first time you guys added an overtly 4th wall breaking mechanical loot device into the game that doesn't even have the slightest verisimilitude or lore justification.

IMO though I enjoy the stones, they really should be reserved for Flashback league events when you guys need more time to finish a newer league idea or *ahem* get a beta out the door and tested between leagues.

I think you're firing a bullet you'll wish you had kept in your gun.

I also think that Zana mods were a better way to keep a taste of old leagues in the game, and that the stones UI and quality of life aspects are just tedious and wont make the long term game "better". While they COULD serve as a great way to make flashback leagues whenever you guys need that to keep the players busy when things are taking longer than expected.

Personally I would love to see the league stone MODS show up as map mods on a very rare basis (the ones that don't get worked into Zana Mods) in this way the tedious micromanagement of the stones goes away, and the "clutter" of leveling through the game with a bunch of unexplained lore ambivalent mechanical distractions that aren't fun to manage or have filling your inventory also goes away.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on May 29, 2017, 8:54:13 AM
"
Marlexyz wrote:
PLEASE put the Legacy league mechanics into Standard!

+1

Standard league needs some love, seriously! Please, I think the idea of leaguestones is great and it would make standard league so much better.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Brace yourselves for nerf news when Legacy league leaguestones migrate to standard leagues. They will be like all other challenge league mechanics that move to standard and are nerfed to the point of being completely useless (in this case way too rare to get an LS to drop). I hate the fact that GGG thinks starvation is the best way to get us to chase the carrot for years of playing PoE. No one wants rain of riches, too much quality loot like TL2 did is very bad but equally bad is too much starvation. Right now the LS drop rate is perfect. GGG does not need to nerf but will anyway just because they can.

Just want to point out that you have a 2012 join date. Looks like GGG knows what they're doing.
Was that Nessa attached to a crab with bleeding eyes? No?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info