life and ES changes - feedback

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
ES is dead that sux, spent 100+ ex for gear recently that worth a couple chaos now

ill buy it for 1ex. deal?

still waiting. if they are bad now - im willing to overpay

or maybe you are perfectly aware that the noise you are making is just noise. so what is that - are you knee jerking and spreading panic or maybe you know that the result wont be that bad as you make it look like?
I m very happy about the changes overall. Even more than the removal of double dip
I will only comment on Life changes & for a properly planned average life melee build focused between Templar & Duelist (that includes Marauders) areas, where most %life increases exist.

What most builds will gain is an extra 550-650 amount of flat life to your total hp (total %increased life from tree taken into account). This is nothing more that the equivalent (give or take) of an extra 30% increased life (in total) from nodes on tree. We would get the exact same effect if they just slightly buffed each %life node from tree or the flat life bonus from strength, for the same total gain. This adds an extra layer of micromanagement (especially for us Hardcore players) to the acquisition of gear through trade (which what most players do) an already tedious and time-consuming process that :

- doesn't guarantee all the pieces you will find will be good (some of them will be mediocre)
- you are forced to find all your pieces with a life roll (ideally high) already present
- this will make gear more expensive because flat life was and will always be a premium commodity

Achieving ideal conditions in PoE is something of an utopistic endeavor. Melee life builds should be given the capacity to hit 6k life hp without having to achieve ideal conditions on their gear & with a mix of mediocre\good rares. Then if we want to push further we can endeavor to try achieve those ideal conditions.

I will not speak for the flat armour\evasion part of the new hybrid craft. It is pointless when currently is so easy to stack flat armour\evasion that i feel been forced to craft hybrid life\defence on my gear (for the sake of flat life only) is a complete waste of my resourses.

Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 22, 2017, 1:28:04 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
ES is dead that sux, spent 100+ ex for gear recently that worth a couple chaos now

or maybe you are perfectly aware that the noise you are making is just noise. so what is that - are you knee jerking and spreading panic or maybe you know that the result wont be that bad as you make it look like?

lol, I knew that somebody would come to show off

Many ES builds are relying on VP and since VP is gone many builds are dead such as mine, thats why ES gear will drop in price cuz I think 99% of build will be life based to have VP

I wont sell you anything cuz it might happen something like removing VP at all or something else that will make ES builds to be better than life

P.S. lol at you
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
k4n3 wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Once again, they overdid it with the nerfs. I believe that 33% less base es across the board plus the removal of the more es behind ci will result in too low es numbers. With VP removed what is the upside of ci now? It used to be higher hp pool.

Maybe a 20% reduction would make for a better balance?

they will provide more means of faster energy recharge to compensate for the nerf to VP and reduced ES pool.

Faster start of energy shield recharge or just faster energy shield recharge? There is a difference.
If they reduced the delay by a lot then Occultist would be OP
If they didn't. Ci would still suck tremendously.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
"
sidtherat wrote:
"

lol, I knew that somebody would come to show off

Many ES builds are relying on VP and since VP is gone many builds are dead such as mine, thats why ES gear will drop in price cuz I think 99% of build will be life based to have VP

I wont sell you anything cuz it might happen something like removing VP at all or something else that will make ES builds to be better than life

P.S. lol at you

so you retract your bs knee jerk reaction that your 100ex items are worth couple chaos? nice. all i wanted to hear

all drama and hot air.
Yes, Holmes. Perfect deduction
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
When was the last time you picked Vaal Pact with a non-crit melee Marauder/Duelist ?
It was always meant for Ranger/Shadow to supplement their lack of armor but instead got abused by all ES builds.

Edit to add: Also i do agree for endgame crafting these new hybrid/armor mods will be useful only for gloves/boots but will substantially increase the life on all items while leveling which is very helpful for surviving to endgame in HC.
Last edited by Lothorienn on May 19, 2017, 10:04:46 AM
I think the overall reduction of ES across the board is overkill.

A 10% reduction, removal of vaal pact and a reduction of 50% from int scaling should suffice. I don't mind ES buffers being high if the replenishment methods are attacked instead.

That's probably what the beta is going to show.

The only things i dislike about this manifesto post is that they didn't outright remove vaal pact but limited it to life.
Remove the fucker or rework it to 100% increased leech rate with a 50% regen penalty coupled to it.(complete redesign)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
but 15k buffer with 8 or 10% regen AND leech means several thousands replenished per second

zealoth oath is a serious risk balance-wise esp with how plentiful life regen is.

8% regen on a 5k life build is a whole different situation than 8% on 10k..

thats why cutting the values had to happen. same with item - it was really easy to reach 'enough' ES with very limited investment mostly because some items like ES shields or chests were so powerful that build could use many uniques without actually hurting survivability..

im still baffled why vaal pact is still in the game. it is the second-in-line reason why balance is so off. first and core issue is the design around chicken scripts. this is THE core balance and desing stopper this game has.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info