Energy Shield and Life

25k ES ????? I've never seen that, my best CI chars are at 13k (balance between offence and defense, so no ES tanks)...

Why am I under the impression that the balance decisions always revolve around the 0.001% top-end 200ex+ builds ?

Don't read me wrong, I'm not against these changes, but the argument "some people reach 25k ES so we will nerf all CI" is like saying "some people drive a Ferrari so we will nerf all cars".

Let's wait and see...
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on May 18, 2017, 7:04:23 AM
I think they are trying to make ES in a truly Energy shield mechanic (High life pool, high recharge speed) removing the leech interactions (that would be stupidly op with a very fast recharge rate).

There is new recharge rate improvementes in armour pieces. With that and taking the recharge rate nodes, you probably can take a hit, kite, and recharge very fast, no need of potions or sustain mechanics other than your very fast recharge rate.

This makes a very interesting and fun mechanic, different from the usual facetanking.

We will see the numbers but in paper this seems a good aproach to the problem.

P.D: why is people always crying in this dev manifesto/patch notes posts?

"
Bluntexile wrote:
Finally, welcome to the real world dear ES exploiters hahahahahaha 3:p

HAHAHAHAAH FUCK YE EXPLOITERS oh wait no es was released into the game to be used how ever you please nm
"
Xfing wrote:
BTW wasn't energy shield exempt from any form of damage reduction, hence why it needed to be much higher than life to even be viable?

Yup that's what I thought too. I'm new to the game I finaly got to 10k ES with effort, I'm nowhere near to beating any hard content of the game and I'm not a master crafter, the game is terrible at explaining anything what does what.

Takes months of research to make a build work if you wanna be creative, So idk, what about new players? One streamer got to 25k ES so every new player is going to have to struggle even more?

TO much imbalance between newer and experienced players, the gap is huge. Is this game still welcoming new players?
nice changes, can't wait to see how they will do in live game!
I understand nerfing ES based builds, as you can easily reach twice as much eHP than Life based builds. However, you must consider finally buffing Life passives, as it will give such builds a chance to be endgame viable. Right now, it's easy to get oneshoted on a Life Build, while ES doesn't have such problems because of the amount od eHP. Therefore, nerf is not the answer everyone is looking for. You should instead increase the values of increased life on the tree. Otherwise, there won't be any playable builds. I may be overreacting, but I rarely play ES, as it's expensive. Yes, you can invest in Life on gear, minmaxing strength, wearing Kaom's Heart, but all of this just means that you sacrifice damage for survivability. If you go ES, that's not an issue. You have ES as the main property of the armour, but you can't get Life this way. Armour has much more increased ES than life. This leaves space for damage mods.
To sum up, Life builds are underpowered compared to ES builds, but it only means that you should buff life, not nerf ES.
Another issue is the fact, that you're balancing the game around 0.1% of players. The rest of them don't have 25k ES and don't reach lvl 100 in 3 days. Stop making the game harder for everyone else. Just because you see a streamer achieve it doesn't make it possible for everyone. Majority of players don't play 12 hours/day. Make your game easier to enjoy for everybody, not more challenging for those who are bored. There are so many ways to make maps harder: sextants, leaguestones, corrupting, rolling difficult mods. Think of everyone, not a few guys with the desire to be the best at all cost.
Last edited by John3001 on May 19, 2017, 4:46:17 AM
guys it's useless to cry on the forum, there are plenty of other funny games to play with, just enjoy as long as it lasts and uninstall after 3.0 to not ruin your gaming experience...back to diablo! :)
I'm so happy I won't have to buy any supporter pack because I'll probably uninstall, I find no reason in supporting a bad work.
Last edited by Giammafix on May 18, 2017, 7:08:08 AM
"
Yadeehoo wrote:
"
Xfing wrote:
BTW wasn't energy shield exempt from any form of damage reduction, hence why it needed to be much higher than life to even be viable?

Yup that's what I thought too. I'm new to the game I finaly got to 10k ES with effort, I'm nowhere near to beating any hard content of the game and I'm not a master crafter, the game is terrible at explaining anything what does what.

Takes months of research to make a build work if you wanna be creative, So idk, what about new players? One streamer got to 25k ES so every new player is going to have to struggle even more?

TO much imbalance between newer and experienced players, the gap is huge. Is this game still welcoming new players?

they dont, they balance the game on people who can make 200+ex builds
"
Yadeehoo wrote:
"
Xfing wrote:

Is this game still welcoming new players?

yes but unlike most games you have to read the instruction manuel ether that or get gameshark like GGG does
"
Yadeehoo wrote:
One streamer got to 25k ES so every new player is going to have to struggle even more?

I think you nailed it :) If 25k was common, then GGG would have taken an example of someone having reached 30k. That means 25k is the top of the top today. But it doesn't mean it's common, maybe the average CI users already revolve in the 10k-15k zone. And that's precisely the target range of these new changes...

I'm not convinced so far by these changes, but let's wait and see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info