Energy Shield and Life

"
Rory wrote:
We'll be making a large number of changes to Energy Shield and other defences as part of the Fall of Oriath Beta. This manifesto aims to explain why we've decided to make changes to Energy Shield, and what these changes will be.

Why was a change required?.............

BIG FAT "OMG"

Path of Exile needed a change, but less ES without vaal pact anymore and no "+" in life, just more defences that are worth nothing. The most enemies on higher maps make mostly elemental damage, cool that the cap of the game is 75% to resistances and none of the defences are anyhow useful to prevent that damage except for dodge/block, which allow you to only maybe avoid the damage dealt to you.

"Volatile Flameblood"-Guy's are a quaranteed one shot for all melee chars at the moment and all of the other kind of exploding shithead's, except you are ES with more then 8k ES, but you really want to ignore that fact? SO your changes will make Melee's just useless...? There are how many skill's in this game? And all the changes are just heading into one direction, making ranged chars stronger while melee getting even worse? Melee= (actually) Heavy Strike, Dual Strike, Double Strike.... who the fuck uses those attacks anymore. Dual Strike get's only a role as boss killing skill,... There are only a few skills really useable (endgame) and your patch just make it more clearly :,D

I have totally no clue how you wanna reach 25k ES as a normal player, without guardian supporters. The best thing I ever saw were 15k (in about 5k hours of playtime, when he was wearing a 900 ES Armour and pretty hard 3 res gear) and even them, can be one-shotted in "Uber Atziri" easily. The maximum of Life with the same amount of money would be around 8-9k Life and to reach more then that, you'd need a Kaom's Heart in Legacy Version. Who the heck can afford something like that?

RESULT: Average gamers with good gear can afford about 7-8k life mid dps, with ton's of useless defences like "armour/Evasion rating", while a low geared ES char atm start at value's of 6k ES and go for a average of 10k-14k with none "armour/evasion" and high dps. The game shows us, defences are useless in anyway, just a high pool of life will secure you and maybe some of the flasks. as long as life is limited like that and with enemies who easily one shot you, on maps that's 5 Tier's lower cause of matching mods, then you can just throw your update in the can.

I hoped for an update that would balance the whole story a bit and not only the numeric value differences between ES and Life.
Last edited by Ondrugs on May 18, 2017, 6:39:50 AM
I like these changes. Will support 3.0.
I like this change. :)
Seeing ES + Vaal Pact players facetanking everything was nonsense.

Probably it's still better to go ES because you can reach higher EHP so you can avoid one-shots. However I'm thinking on hybrid Life/ES characters again.
"
relithh wrote:
"
Current estimates are that a build that balances offence and defence and is well-geared can reach around 15,000 Energy Shield.

How ggg?

WELL geared... so chest around 800 helm around 350, if shield - around 400, 250 on gloves/boots, 100+ on belt 2 rings with ES on, amulet with 15%+ es... thats pretty easy to get, and around 2-3ex? 150c on legacy? ok maybe 200/300c but still... easy to get. For me as experienced player :D If I want to get ES char on softcore(but not for legacy...) it will take me maybe 1 week to get all that gear maybe if lucky and some exa drop even less.
Last edited by BestiyaLV on May 18, 2017, 6:43:08 AM
Oh less then 5% can reach 15k+ ES in a decent time frame we better nerf the living shit out of it...

*INSTERT* longer text about the 95% of the ppl that dont have the time to play as much and cqnt get 15k + and dmg to 1 shot shaper.. what apperently ggg problem is...

( on tab @ work so dont feel like typing as much)
balancing at its finest
Lol at the people threatening to quit the game. It's all bullshit. It would've been good riddance though. Spoiled shit kids
"
relithh wrote:
"
Current estimates are that a build that balances offence and defence and is well-geared can reach around 15,000 Energy Shield.

How ggg?

How? No defences, just ES and damage. Discipline Aura, Body Armour with ~900 ES, Boots and Gloves with about ~200+ ES, Rings with numeric values of 45-51 ES and about ~5-20% increased Energy Shield, amulette is mostly "eye of chayula" for stun immunity, a helmet with 400+ ES, a Shield with 400+ ES and a belt with 130 ES result into a 2430 base ES just from gear and without the "%" ES on your rings and skill tree.... 15k is legit. I wonder how they reach 25k ES without 1000 Mirror's.... :,D

Last edited by Ondrugs on May 18, 2017, 6:50:01 AM
ABOUT FUC**NG TIME !
GET REKT ES FANBOYS. Welcome the moment when you have to actually play the game instead of facetanking everything
Last edited by ThorTure on May 18, 2017, 6:47:34 AM
"
ThorTure wrote:
ABOUT FUC**NG TIME !
GET REKT ES FANBOYS. Welcome the moment when you have to actually play the game instead of facetanking everything

Yep. Time to check rare mobs, strongbox mods(even magic), plan when to go to merciless(or act 5+? in beta), to not got killed 1-shot :)

There were changes to es/life prior, now and will be in future, as game grows :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info