Energy Shield and Life

"
TenTonBlue wrote:

Ive been here since 2012, so i guess that would make me a long time player right? I love the change, so clearly your assumption is wrong, go away doomsayer.

I suppose you also like how blizzard balances games?
Because thats about their level.

No the balance mania in games began bad and ends catastrophically. There are many devs who feel the need to frankly just fuck their game until its broken in the name of balance and its happening right here and now with PoE.
Well I don't like this and I explain why:

I'm kinda a casual player in PoE, and since I started playing this game ( perandus league ) I NEVER in my life got more than 12k ES in any character. I'm a HC player and I did few rushs to level 100 already.
Also, I'm a solo player. This means I can't have help of friends/guild or anybody else to grab my gear. That's all on my own.
So: For what I know and what I feel, playing this game with 10k ES at end game maps is a normal situation. You still ( as I did many times ) and probably will die/rip/go to SCrub if you are not paying attention on what you're doing.
So, whats "overpowered" here?
I tell you what: SC kids that play this game 15h/day to grab and craft mirrored-worth gear of ES. Eventually, they reach 20k ES what really brokes the game. No doubt.
But wait... should you "balance" this game around few kids that play this shit 24h/day and have all the extremly overpowered end-game stuff of the game or should you focus in the regular/casual players?
Retarded changes imo. ES was fine. You should just buff life because life nodes and life gear sucks comparated to ES.

Removing vaal pact from ES gears means you're killing it. Who cares with zealoth's, ES regeneration builds sucks hard. Same to hybrid builds. Sucks sooooooo hard ( aka 1 shot to any high ammount of chaos damage ).
Basically you're removing ES from the game. Vinktars is dead. Many builds are dead. This new shavrones is a joke, 400es for a chest was a crap already. RIP dude, RIP.

Terrible changes GGG. Awful.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 17, 2017, 11:41:08 PM
Please rethink this, the numbers you guys mentioned (25k es, 9k life) are way off as far as the norm is concerned, 9k es and 6k life are more on point without shields. You are killing chars people have played months or even years to create and greatly reducing build diversity. Some people just don't want to play life/hybrid, i hate it, and just the thought of spending any meaningful amount of currency on gear i don't want, for a char i wouldn't play by choice, just makes me want not even bother :(. I understand things have to change but please do it without removing multiple builds and playstyles from the game.
"
DrDraids wrote:
Please rethink this, the numbers you guys mentioned (25k es, 9k life) are way off as far as the norm is concerned, 9k es and 6k life are more on point without shields. You are killing chars people have played months or even years to create and greatly reducing build diversity. Some people just don't want to play life/hybrid, i hate it, and just the thought of spending any meaningful amount of currency on gear i don't want, for a char i wouldn't play by choice, just makes me want not even bother :(. I understand things have to change but please do it without removing multiple builds and playstyles from the game.

That's a good point. The biggest thing I've noticed from the last few posts is that GGG is trying to pigeonhole us into playing the way they want us to. A very, VERY Blizzard mindset - 3 years ago, GGG was all about build diversity and having as many options as possible. I wonder if they'll realize that the vast majority of people hate what they're spewing right now.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
these changes are so so dumb, why u fuk game up
I was super hyped for the beta and 3.0 launch but these changes are honestly terrible.

Yes, ES was way stronger than life and needed adjusting but this is totally overkill.

The real culprit for all of this is Vaal Pact and the insanity that is instant leech.
Vaal Pact should give you a massive multiplier for your leech rate instead of being completely instant.

If the proposed changes make it to 3.0 launch Kaom's Heart will go from a 2-3 exalt item to a 10 exalt item. Literally nobody will be playing ES builds unless they are doing low-life righteous fire.
Fresh builds all day.
wp ^^
Last edited by V3NDETT4 on May 17, 2017, 11:41:13 PM
OK what? Other change I can understand, but reducing total ES at high end will only result in good ES gear become more precious, more expensive, at the same time mid tier ES gear are worthless, this happen before in POE and in other games with trading, on top of that, CI cluster no longer gives % more es, um GGG you are punishing most casually players and budget builds, when top end CI build are only slightly touched, they can still build a effective life pool bigger than any one hit in the game, in the mean time, a whole lot more builds will die due to not be able to get enough ES, for example how do you play mine in endgame anymore? there's very little life regen and few life nodes near shadow area where you have to travel to.

Don't nerf things from all angle, try two nerf at a time, if it's still too good then try another one.

And also can we please alter the value or the mod of existing affixes, don't add new ones
Last edited by TravisL on May 17, 2017, 11:57:41 PM
Dont worry guys. After they read through all the comments they will undo the changes or make it in a way that isnt as "brutal" as what they posted in this manifesto. Im calling it.
Finally! Thank god there's gonna be an actual challenge in the game. I bet ES will still be absurdly OP with occultist and regen. Quit your bitchin and learn a new tactic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info