Energy Shield and Life

"
Rippster wrote:
Wow. It amazes me how developers can't learn from history and figure out that it's better to buff something that's weak instead of over-nerfing and pissing everyone off.

Year after year, game after game... same nonsense.

Buff = good/happy customer
Nerf = bad/drop mic

/shakes head

Yeah, because powercreep don't exist right bro? Why not buff everything and make everyone have 800k EHP so bosses need to deal 1 million damage to kill you, and while we are at it, buff the damage of all skills to the billions so we can have some crazy numbers on our DPS tooltip.
RIP lAZY appouch pretty well killed 60% ES builds Life really didn't get much to make up for it all in all a bad lazy appouch.That hurts people that have invested into gear (ES) that now is ethier worthless or at least half the cost. I don't feel that ES is such aissue I small Nerf would have been fine. What was need was a better tuning of Armour/Evasion and life. I think that yes this will shake the meta but not for the better but lead to more frusration and the feel that nothing you work hard for is safe.
"
fanity wrote:
i have a better idea with Ghost Reaver and Zealot's Oath

Ghost Reaver
change to convert half leech to ES
(50% HP leech 50% ES leech)

Zealot's Oath
change to convert half reg to ES
(50% HP leech 50% ES leech)

and both Zealot's Oath & Ghost Reaver have another 50% convert on 2-3 point connect after

PLZ GIVE HYBRID SOME LOVE !

Regen on zealot, not leech.

And like hybrid gear, it is 75% of effective compared to pure, it can go 75% hp regen and 75% ES regen, make more fair.
Last edited by HoockBr on May 17, 2017, 9:40:09 PM
I think the problem was not about the amount of ES you can get but the leech from Vaal Pact/ Ghost Reaver . ES builds are supposed to be super high eHP with the downside is that you can't instantly get your eHP back .I like the way you balance Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver, but nerf all the ES gears too? that would be too harsh for ES builds that wasn't relying in leech,regen but only recharge.

IMO people always talk about Life vs ES but in reality it's Amour vs Evasion vs ES . You're fine with just 6k life if your armour or evasion actually work or you have a keystone for them that's equal to CI . So buffing armour and evasion mechanic should be the way to go .
hello,
dear GGG team

ok hi, im gonna say this straight, ok so after you guys nerfed my glorious mjolnir build i kept playing, it took a while for me to come back but i did (i love witches), i kept playing but then now you appear out of nowhere and start nerfing to the ground the energy shield ???? i mean, 80 percent of my builds are Energy shield based and now you literally destroy energy shield instead of buffing life ?, i mean, i wanted to play the 3.0 version with a witch, but now it seems it will be literally unplayable unless you go life, (goodbye low life ), i dont think thats the solution i mean, not everybody has super expensive gear that grants you 25 k ES, thats only like 1 % of the players who are super rich and can afford that (insert sad pepe meme here), why dont you guys like witches???, and just for the record even if i had beaten the all the boses in the game i would have still played
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
"
dephness wrote:
all the people who find this bad, play ONLY ES because its so rediculas op. Get good at the game kiddos.

no more 25k es facetanking all content thinking you're good.

show me that 25 es face tank build stop lie you dont even play this game

Here's one of the earliest ones for ya - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916630

And there've been several more in more recent times. It's certainly not the norm (which was around 8-12k ES), but it is feasible. Now the norm should be 6-10k ES. For life, the norm was 4-6k and now should be 5-7k thanks to the life rolls change. So they're much closer now, while ES retains its edge as compensation for all the downsides it has (stun, freeze and now Vaal Pact).

Also remember that this is for a Beta, so the final values will be different from those on here.

Damn, that Video looks like absolute hardcore, nail biting gameplay. I'm so sad that GGG is about to kill the entire game by forcing every player down a certain path because they nerf people beeing able to tank the entire game with only one and the same tactic every time. /s
this is going to rape es builds so hard . if you do the math if you had a 11k es build .. its probably an 8k es ci build now .. discipline
No actual buffs to life, were looking at what an extra 150 life from gear altogether.

Honestly I was one of the people who absolutely hated CI/VP/ES in general, and I can say these nerfs were too heavy. This is literally just breaking ES and making everyone use life(which still sucks).

So on one hand, the game has become much harder(which could be seen as a good thing), on the other, we will still be plaugued with the mechanical issues that currently make life builds incredibly unfun.(volatiles, having to invest ridiculous points to get 6k hp, etc)

GGG does it again.

Couldn't they have just started by nerfing vaal pact - es interaction? Probably would have been sufficient a nerf on its own.
This is fucking dumb, why tune the game to the 1% of rich fucks when most of us never would dream of seeing 25k fucking ES?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Alexb_ggg on May 17, 2017, 9:51:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info