Energy Shield and Life

"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
soooooo your nerfing es into the ground but not fixing life or the fact some endgame bosses can one shot you with 10k es ggg job ggg

And yet another person who didnt read the whole post, well done

154 life roll on chest is not even close and well done your boring useless post where is the buff to LIFFFFFFFE
Last edited by pathofwarcraft on May 17, 2017, 9:28:02 PM
"
MasterAxe wrote:
Fu___ng knew it, knew they would nerf the one actually good defense mod playset, while not nearly doing shit for life and other defences.

1)Centerize the main wheel of life nodes, so its not stupidly crazy out of the way for classes on the right side.
2)add more base # life nodes to the tree
3)Quit ruining builds/mods that are actually useable and work, fix the broken shit that is unuseable

4)Those added suffixes your addding to help other defenses need to added to the base armor, not restrict our already limited mod sets. This needs to be Innate bonus to armors.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
"
mopeskie wrote:
so lets just fuck es because a small percentage of players are able to get 22 k es ?

thats daft ....

would love to know why u think ur average playerbase is that rich in game cureencey ?
thought this game was aimed as cAsual players was it not ?

rip new player base

yea they dont know anything about their game and their player base. Bunch of trolls misslead this company thats it.

JUST TELL me Positive Changes or Manifesto All aBout we nerfed this We nerfed that

this game become diablo 3 they dicitate their player base what to do

By bringing Life and ES to about the same levels ?

Are you intentionally trying to write the dumbest shit you can imagine to get reactions? Working quite well I must say.
So I see a lot of Es nerfs compared to the..... yeah I think I see a life buff kinda in there. yeah I think its a buff.
Bullshit
"
25k? If you invest 3000 ex, let them have 25k. Normal Players have around 10k with the downside of no life flasks. If you have to go for special uniques, most of the time i have around 7k es with disci. We are not all rich fuckers. Every stupid RPG game is life based. Poe has finally a new nice play to poe. The biggest problem was vaal pact. remove it from es, i understand, but nerfing es to its death? Oh ya, low level es stays the same. We all know how strong es is in leveling area or low ilevel items. *applaus*

Life is easy to get and easy to play. es needs higher investment. BUFF LIFE AND DON'T NERF ES. If I want to play a life build i would go play D3 or any other game.
Now GG will remove one shot mechanics and make playstyle much more easy. D3 here we come. Xbox1 here we come. CASUALS HERE WE FUCKING COME.

if you think your system is broken, try to fix it and don't nerf it to is death.

rly sad move. and yes im es fanboy. uhhh another game where i can play life builds...

Facetaking everything in the game with a 25000 health pool with instant leeching is so hardcore!!!!

Life is so easy to play when bosses do 10k+ damage and youll most likely get about 5000-6000 of it. Im so hardcore with my ES build.
Last edited by ItsRay on May 17, 2017, 9:30:25 PM
"
tacotiklah wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:
"
Ghost Reaver
This keystone had a huge downside for characters specialized in both Life and Energy Shield, as they could no longer leech any life, but had no penalty for pure Energy Shield Chaos Inoculation characters. Because of this, we've now added a multiplier to Energy Shield Recharge Rate to the keystone, so players will be trading Recharge Rate for leech.

This one got me confused.

My understanding is the plan is to make Vaal Pact no longer affect energy shield at all. To compensate, Ghost Reaver is instead going to not have anything to do with leech, and instead is going to be changed to be a multiplier to your energy shield recharge rate. The intention is to make ES go back to being based on recharge instead of the gimmick of instant leeching with high DPS to faceroll situations that would insta-rip any other build.

If no more leech for energy shield from ghost reaver, they killed lots of hybrid builds as well. Goodbye to my hybrid berseker.

And with so much Dot, and things hitting on boss fights, i cant see someone having time to recharge ES, for recharge to be worth. Unless xirgil crank users, or full block builds.
Last edited by HoockBr on May 17, 2017, 9:34:31 PM
I CAN'T WAIT FOR 3.0!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
33% less es is good. No Vaal Pact is terrible. How about 50% of leech applies instantly to energy shield?

New prefix does almost nothing for life builds. Skill tree needs HEAVY work done.
ign kharver
"
tacotiklah wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:
"
Ghost Reaver
This keystone had a huge downside for characters specialized in both Life and Energy Shield, as they could no longer leech any life, but had no penalty for pure Energy Shield Chaos Inoculation characters. Because of this, we've now added a multiplier to Energy Shield Recharge Rate to the keystone, so players will be trading Recharge Rate for leech.

This one got me confused.

My understanding is the plan is to make Vaal Pact no longer affect energy shield at all. To compensate, Ghost Reaver is instead going to not have anything to do with leech, and instead is going to be changed to be a multiplier to your energy shield recharge rate. The intention is to make ES go back to being based on recharge instead of the gimmick of instant leeching with high DPS to faceroll situations that would insta-rip any other build.

To my understanding the change to ghost reaver it is a direct nerf to energy shield based leech. The multiplier they are talking about is not an increase to your leech rate, it is a downside for CI builds. They mentioned you only get a tradeoff with hybrid builds
Spoiler
(blatantly not true, not leeching life isn't a tradeoff because es is life with hybrid builds as well. the life basically only exists for insta-gib resistance, while vp leech sustains es pool BECAUSE LEECH RATE NOT DEPENDING ON POOL MEANS U CAN HAVE LOWER POOL. but they nerf both POOL (gear and Discipline) and the option for going LOW POOL (vaal pact))
and if you are CI ghost reaver had no downside, so they add a (presumably sub 1) multiplier to your recharge rate, which I am actually in favor of. However the other changes are fucking terribly thought out, the end result is nerf into ground, play something else.

"Keeping meta fresh" is just an excuse for people who only play the 'meta' builds. Plenty of players are trying out their own stuff already anyways and this just fucks on them.

Oh well in the end we are all gonna just adapt and play something else anyways, but doesn't make the change any less terribly reasoned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info