Energy Shield and Life

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
So any direct damage ES build is going to die against reflect unless you play a few ascendancies with reflect reduction. GG GGG.

Or chaos damage!
For me the expansion went live with this mofo ES nerf.

It's the end of the road here.

The game turns against everything I loved in it.

Thank You guys for the fun with You and GZ to the Super Uber-Giga-Tera-Hexa OP life builds now. Enjoy it.. But it's f*cking unenjoyable for me now!

I am leaving the game.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Joining the leavers I have only one sentence to give to the peoples as a mind food :

- What's the point of investing the time, energy, resources and money into a game which only point is creating an OP-er than the rest builds, when the build which went OP becoming nerfed ?!
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
CI is in a bit of a strange place now. I was respeccing my standard character and had to think if I really needed the node. I have 1800hp on my ES build so that might be enough to survive chaos damage. Wasn't sure though so I took it anyway.

As I clearly can see - you have only 1 character up and running which having items worth about 2-3 mirrors or so.

Unfortunately this is not the case with the regularly players, which would took from 1 to 2 eternities to gather even half of your items.

Therefore we need to look on a even poorer than me peoples which would like to try CI's.

Thinking into this direction we will clearly reach the conclusion that CI is dead, ES is dead, and it's because of the trolls and life items sellers, which is very unfortunately for the peoples, and it speaks very bad about the intelligence of the person which decided it.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
This is the perfect way to ruin the game.. What you typed as reasons for nerf is bulls*it - eye, there were streamers with over 20k ES on characters but no normal player reached it.. I played over 2000 hours of farming and trying to get gear on on 2.5+ and still did not have enought currency to afford gear for build like that. You could also type that there were people playing with over 30k armour or 15k life instead of 9k with legacy items already removed so normal players again will never be able to reach that.

I am not against decreasing values of ES on high-end items -§ some chest armours reached over 1000 bonus but their price on trade is unreachable. Same for nerfed kaoms chest armor with +1000 hp or other stuff removed from game. Nerfed items are always good for players as process itself - forces us to find out new ways to create builds and tactics for highend maps / bosses. But what you did for change is crap that ruined the whole game - let me explain..

Evasion rating builds do not work. You can evade 3 hits from a boss but its useless if the fourth kills you instantly. YOu made levelling process much harder in last years so only players who reached level 95+ years ago have it, or only those who played the endgame builds till 3.0 based on ES. You have no idea how hard was to farm ratio to buy highend quality gear for that yet you babble about 25k ES builds and do not realize months of regular playing to get it. Maybe 2% of people were able to go shaper or other highend maps. With huge penalty for dying on mercilles, malfunction evasion rating was the only way to play the builds for ES or Armour + lifebased. Now you screwed ES so EVERY player who wants to go endgame challenges will buy only armour+life items, what will totally ruin game economics and game choices at all..

Game changes are pretty, especially effects, graphics, story and awesome storyline bosses gives the 3.0 new game poetry but most of the players who play and donate loyally for years like me will just give up, because farming only lifebased armour or play only part of characters will make the game boring in time - quite short time i suppose..
Last edited by BLackocalypse on Aug 11, 2017, 1:44:03 PM
"
BLackocalypse wrote:

Welcome to the resistance my fellow. Let me be your guide.
We are a small collective now, because to release those things you just wrote and I am writing (constantly) it is required something which some peoples lack of - a brain.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Aug 12, 2017, 6:14:13 PM
So is GGG gonna ever come out and explain their vision to us? Or just leave this as trash and ignore us till we quit or shut up?

"Explanations in Patch Notes
Starting with update 1.1.2b, our patch notes have included much more detailed explanations of changes than before. A lot of thinking goes into any rebalancing that we do, so we're going to be as detailed about this process as possible. In some cases, a rebalance may be foreshadowed by a post in this development manifesto forum, so that people are aware of it in advance."

Be nice to get back to that, the only time we hear from you guys these days is panic reactions begging reddit to chill out.
Last edited by DrDraids on Aug 12, 2017, 6:52:04 PM
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
BLackocalypse wrote:

Welcome to the resistance my fellow. Let me be your guide.
We are a small collective now, because to release those things you just wrote and I am writing (constantly) it is required something which some peoples lack of - a brain.

I've reworked my builds in 3.0. And I'll just say this, with all the nerfs that have been done to damage skills and items, it's literally un-fun now. I'm dying more often to crap in the 3.0 expansion that would have never killed me before. Even with high armour/defence builds, death is far too easy in 3.0. I feel like I'm playing on a glass sheath that's fragile and will break at any moment. Oh Yeah, SO much fun. NOT!

They even nerfed drillnecks into the ground in this latest round of nerfs and, to add insult to injury, made it retro active, so there are no legacy drillnecks. Just more garbage for the dustbins of nerfed junk.

And WOW, you added some new skill/support gems. Only to be nerfed next patch. W/E

I'm so sick and tired of every single build I make getting nerfed into the dirt that I'm literally done with this game.

Congratulations GGG, you just killed this game. My guild is all but gone.

Oh sure, your balance fanatics will convince themselves how great they are until the player base shrinks and they're out of a job.

And you will be out of a job soon enough, many people are still trying to figure out that they've been duped, yet again, by excessive nerfs.
Last edited by Smear on Aug 12, 2017, 7:26:56 PM
"
Smear wrote:

As I can see - so far we are 7 players which oppose the "great changes" ( great only for less than 50% of the population ).

Probably we will end up squished since our small number of real fan players on front of giant 85 pages of thanksfull "supporters", most of whom's are just doing money from the game, and whatever change comes out - it's welcome for them because their stream channels will be fed up with 10 y. old which will try to understand the greatness behind.

Still It's all good in the resistance. We are small but at least we are truly trying something for the game and the rest of silently oppressed peoples, some of which's even are not speaking english in order to express their felling and toughs. Therefore I believe somewhere there is at least 20% of the population which feel like stuck up slave now.

And NO. I am NOT playing the game until GGG took an action and fix this misery.
Best decision ever!
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Aug 13, 2017, 4:43:40 AM
I can't understand the logic of such severe nerf. There is literally no reason to choose CI atm. It is worse in every aspect. Was this intended nerf?

As a longtime player and supporter, I remember how you "balanced" Incinerate to unplayable form. But it was just one skill and now you have butchered the whole mechanic. It was clear in the beta test that no one would use CI, you just switched one meta to another meta. Maybe it is time to remove CI from the game completely? ES body chests must be removed too, now they are useless.

I don't like to complain, but this is a really strange decision. Right now I really want to chat with somebody in charge of the nerf just to understand your motives and desired outcome :) I know there is no chance for me to chat about it, but if someday you want to hire a data scientist with a lot of experience in poe, just hit me up, I have quite a lot questions to ask about your balancing strategies :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info