[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
nethermage wrote:
Corosou i've being loving this character so far. reached act 10 in under 6 hours which was my fastest ever. i'm playing the uber lab variant atm and i tried uber lab today for the first time at lvl 74 with 4.3k life and 60% phys reduction and got 1 shotted by izaro. i'm wondering at about what life total i should be looking for to survive the 1 shot.

Sweet! Glad you're enjoying it. Yes, at 4.3k life you're gonna get one shot. I believe 5.6k is around what you want to be, which is not that hard to achieve. Even if you go with Bringer of Rain, I had over 6k.

I really suggest you read up on all the info that the great guys at PoELab.com have put together. Everything you need to know about running the Lab is there. Also, everyday at 8pm EST SuitSizeSmall runs a stream on twitch with the day's Lab layout discovery run. He is super nice and will answer any question you have about the Lab. He is who I got to for questions about Lab.

GL!

"
yissus wrote:
I wanna start this build but I have a question for all the SCOURGEFLURRY COMMUNITY:

I saw a lot of builds and meta builds dying for the most stupid things despite having a descent pool of life in this "path of life 3.0". So, Hows the survivability of this build in red maps and endgame bosses (guardians, shaper)?. For example: If you leech all the time you dont die?, strong damage over time can kill you while you leech?, awfull mods on maps can kill you?, a stupid skeleton trash mob with strong mods can oneshot you? examples like that.

SURVIVAVBILITY SCORE OF THE BUILD FROM 1 TO 10?

thanks..

Kinda hard to put a number on it. But if your paying attention and dodge big hits like you should, i'd say a 7.
"
yissus wrote:
I wanna start this build but I have a question for all the SCOURGEFLURRY COMMUNITY:

I saw a lot of builds and meta builds dying for the most stupid things despite having a descent pool of life in this "path of life 3.0". So, Hows the survivability of this build in red maps and endgame bosses (guardians, shaper)?. For example: If you leech all the time you dont die?, strong damage over time can kill you while you leech?, awfull mods on maps can kill you?, a stupid skeleton trash mob with strong mods can oneshot you? examples like that.

thanks..

I'm assuming you didn't see the pictures people posted of them doing guardians with 5L, Shaper with Tabula and Shaper at 78.

Does that not answer your question better than some meaningless number?
"
Ceryiuz wrote:
Hi, I am playing this build right now and I have to say it is a lot of fun and very strong.
But there is just one thing where I am not sure about and this is the ruthless support.
Do you count to 3 and search for the ruthless hit every time or do you just release every time at 6 stages and ignore the fact that ruthless won't be usefull 2 out of 3 times?

I do both. 3 for trash, and 6 for things that don't get 1shot. It's something to get good at

EDIT: also keep in mind that there's a release at each stage, so if you're looking for the third hit you probably want to release at 2. Not 100% about this though, it's tricky to figure out... I haven't really messed too much with getting good at this or figuring out exactly how get the most out of ruthless as BF.

Meaning I am counting:

1, 2, 3(Release hit)

Not:

1, 2, 3, 4(Release hit) = This to me is 4th hit, but I may be wrong.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 7, 2017, 9:45:50 PM
"
yissus wrote:

thanks..

It requires you to be active, but survivability is probably about an 8 in the current meta. Most tankier builds aren't going to be able to put up this kind of DPS though (thinking max block, things like that). Bloodseeker, Cloaked in Savagery, and a 7k+ life pool makes this build incredibly tanky as long as you're attacking. I've sat and facetanked double Harbinger packs in T15s without dying. It's not flawless, it's not pre-3.0 ES/VP/GR levels of ridiculous, but it's damn strong.

"
Ceryiuz wrote:
Hi, I am playing this build right now and I have to say it is a lot of fun and very strong.
But there is just one thing where I am not sure about and this is the ruthless support.
Do you count to 3 and search for the ruthless hit every time or do you just release every time at 6 stages and ignore the fact that ruthless won't be usefull 2 out of 3 times?

I've found in practicality that the Ruthless Blow every third channel offers nice burst DPS. I haven't found it necessary to go fishing for it, and realistically in the upper red maps, you won't likely be standing still long enough in the fights where you'd need it anyway.
"
"
yissus wrote:

thanks..

It requires you to be active, but survivability is probably about an 8 in the current meta. Most tankier builds aren't going to be able to put up this kind of DPS though (thinking max block, things like that). Bloodseeker, Cloaked in Savagery, and a 7k+ life pool makes this build incredibly tanky as long as you're attacking. I've sat and facetanked double Harbinger packs in T15s without dying. It's not flawless, it's not pre-3.0 ES/VP/GR levels of ridiculous, but it's damn strong.

"
Ceryiuz wrote:

I've found in practicality that the Ruthless Blow every third channel offers nice burst DPS. I haven't found it necessary to go fishing for it, and realistically in the upper red maps, you won't likely be standing still long enough in the fights where you'd need it anyway.

As always, your well thought out responses mean a lot )
############
############
ANNOUNCEMENT
############
############

-::- HAVE QUESTIONS?? -::-

In order to make my life a little easier, and get some real collaboration going, I'm going to start directing questions to a different location. The PoE forums are OK as the main resource to learn about the build, but it is very poor in comparison to a collaboration tool such as #Slack.

So here's what I've done:

1) I've created a #Slack Community: "Corosou's PoE Laboratory"

2) Click here to join: Join Corosou's Slack Community!

Upon joining you will be presented with channels for each of my builds:

Join #scourgeflurry and ask your question there.

Why am I making you do this? It seems like a lot of work...

Yes, I understand it's a slight annoyance, but in the long run it will pay off to have all the discussion accessible in a modern tool that's revolutionizing the way people work together.

Basically it will allow anyone to go there, ask a question to me directly, talk to others playing the build, share files, PoB build exports, and it will all be searchable!

If you're not familiar with #Slack, here's a short video intro on it:

Youtube: What is #Slack?

From this point forward, if you want to ask me a question, you'll have to go ask in my #Slack Community

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I refuse to use this forum when there are more apt tools to collaborate.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 9, 2017, 12:02:43 PM
Ok, and we've had our first question and it wasn't the end of the world! ;)

This is what #Slack looks like:

You can then search the discussion for the word "elemental" for example:

Or "Izaro":

Last edited by corosou on Sep 8, 2017, 12:40:40 AM
"

Cool cool. Some suggestions:

1) Onslaught on CWDT is not going to work. That's only if IC or Molten Shell are getting the killing blow; I assure you, most likely they will never do that.

2) Molten Shell sux. You really want to try the blasphemy + temporal + enhance setup

3) Where is you Hatred? Blood Rage is crap compared to it...

4) Lvl 4 CWDT taken setup seems to work better in all my testing

5) Get the auras I mentioned and get your whirling blades linked to blood magic so you can still move around.

I like that you're not doing exactly what I say in the guide and you are trying a different approach, but don't just test in-game without looking at Path of Building. If you had compared Blood Rage to Hatred, you would most likely not have chosen Blood Rage.

im actually running hatred as well was just leveling onslaught so u can ignore that xD
the only thing im not running is temporal + blasphemy for now anyway. but i got you :)

For all wondering about the build viability/tankiness, I recorded a T15 Beachhead last night.

It's a 14-minute full-clear, so if you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least check out:

4:00, where you can see me take on a triple-harbinger pack. While taking on the tri-Harb, I also ignore a trade whisper and respond to my buddy asking about Beachhead (my mic wasn't recording for the video, but I was responding).
10:24, where you can see the boss room clear. Also at 12:05 I level up and blow up all the mobs surround me.

Equipment at the time of recording

Next stop is to test on Guardians/Shaper. Working my way through unlocking the T15s right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info