PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
corosou wrote:
"
I ran a buddy through Uber Lab last night with my Slayer and neglected to bring something worthwhile to enchant. I was using Starkonja on him too and only had a Merc lab projectile weakness enchant. I figured it was worth a shot at re-rolling it since I'm planning on maining the Zerker once he's leveled up. Imagine my shock when this was the result from the enchant:

I mean, what are the odds?? (per the wiki: 396 mods per tier (about 0.253% of getting the mod you want). Crazy.

Also, leveling up with shield charge is no joke. Tabula, Warden's Brand, Deidbell, and Facebreaker, and just faceroll the first half of the game. I switched to Blade Flurry at 46 because I had 2 Ornament of the East from a previous build, but I'm sure Shield Charge would've been fine through the end of act 10 too. Which is frankly insane consider almost none of the damage nodes we take affect unarmed damage.

hehe gz on that roll! try and see if u can score a ranged one too, cuz it def makes mapping feel much smoother.

Also, yah, first time I found out about that Shield Charge lvling it felt wrong but ohh so good too lol.. It's crazy how OP some lowbie items are. Warden's Brand is a few chaos and it's better than any steel ring you can buy DPS wise. And FB is just insane OP...

Always wanted to see how far I could get with a shield charge build, maybe one day I'll see what I can come up with just for the hell of it...

I was almost considering skipping Blade Flurry altogether and sticking with Facebreaker-Charge full time!
"
corosou wrote:
Which bring me to an important lesson I've learned and want to share with those of you wanting to tweak and make your own builds. Don't discount something just because it looks weird in the stats you can read on it. Make sure you plug it into PoB before you deem it garbage.

Such good advice!

And yeah i did the same thing, went through each slot with uniques to see what bonus's they would give me, and i saw shapers and went hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, funny to see you had already done it lol
"
"
corosou wrote:
"
I ran a buddy through Uber Lab last night with my Slayer and neglected to bring something worthwhile to enchant. I was using Starkonja on him too and only had a Merc lab projectile weakness enchant. I figured it was worth a shot at re-rolling it since I'm planning on maining the Zerker once he's leveled up. Imagine my shock when this was the result from the enchant:

I mean, what are the odds?? (per the wiki: 396 mods per tier (about 0.253% of getting the mod you want). Crazy.

Also, leveling up with shield charge is no joke. Tabula, Warden's Brand, Deidbell, and Facebreaker, and just faceroll the first half of the game. I switched to Blade Flurry at 46 because I had 2 Ornament of the East from a previous build, but I'm sure Shield Charge would've been fine through the end of act 10 too. Which is frankly insane consider almost none of the damage nodes we take affect unarmed damage.

hehe gz on that roll! try and see if u can score a ranged one too, cuz it def makes mapping feel much smoother.

Also, yah, first time I found out about that Shield Charge lvling it felt wrong but ohh so good too lol.. It's crazy how OP some lowbie items are. Warden's Brand is a few chaos and it's better than any steel ring you can buy DPS wise. And FB is just insane OP...

Always wanted to see how far I could get with a shield charge build, maybe one day I'll see what I can come up with just for the hell of it...

I was almost considering skipping Blade Flurry altogether and sticking with Facebreaker-Charge full time!

hehe ya it feels so good it does give you that false sense this can go all the way, but once you get into mapping it really stops shinning as well as it does leveling. I'm sure it could be scaled better to let you map well into some tiers, just how far, don't really know though...
Can someone take a screen shot of the
build path for those of us on console please?
Thanks
"
Can someone take a screen shot of the
build path for those of us on console please?
Thanks

Here u go

Mind you this is my imported character, so tweak as you see fit, cuz I had to get some nodes like Versatility.
Last edited by corosou on Aug 31, 2017, 11:50:05 AM
After trying out the build on SC, I can't seem to figure out how to scale the damage higher. I have similar gear and skill tree but the damage I get is way under what is shown. Am I scaling it wrong or something?
My PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/SG6BfVPT
"
After trying out the build on SC, I can't seem to figure out how to scale the damage higher. I have similar gear and skill tree but the damage I get is way under what is shown. Am I scaling it wrong or something?

1. You still haven't filed out your ascendancy yet. That should give you quite a bit of damage and insane leech.
2. Swap out elemental damage with attacks for melee physical damage.
3. Your scourge has way low DPS. You don't have to use the scourge. You can use any good pDPS claw as your second one. a 290 - 300 pDPS claw is about 10-20c. Find a good balance between attack speed and DPS blade flurry performs better at high attack speeds.
4. Your jewels are not optimal but will do for early game till you farm up currency. Jewels are very important for this build. I'd suggest you get some 3 stat jewels at least.
5. For the rings and amulets you need added physical damage to min-max. What you have should be fine for early game.

This is just my personal adjustment. Drop blade barrier side of the tree and pick up duality. You'll lose some block but get more damage. I don't know if 7% block chance make a different late in the game.
Last edited by viper0n on Aug 31, 2017, 4:04:15 PM
HI - this is exactly the kind of thing i have been looking for.

Two questions:

1. What other claw or set up can i get if i cant find a culling strike one of your weapons - maybe swap in battle to cull shaper and gaurdians safely?
2. How does this perform in Uber atziri and any tips?

Ok one more ....

Best way to dump 2500 chaos on this to make it a rockstar?
"
lve2raft wrote:
HI - this is exactly the kind of thing i have been looking for.

Two questions:

1. What other claw or set up can i get if i cant find a culling strike one of your weapons - maybe swap in battle to cull shaper and gaurdians safely?
2. How does this perform in Uber atziri and any tips?

Ok one more ....

Best way to dump 2500 chaos on this to make it a rockstar?

Cull on AW totems maybe ? The build already has it.
thats a good idea -

I see some claws for 20exalt plus, about 400dps and 2.0 attack per second, big dps increase or not really?

I also should note - I want to go the Kaoms root (chest)...mainly cause i already have one
Last edited by lve2raft on Aug 31, 2017, 4:49:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info