[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Deadbringer wrote:
Im just curious,and i know this is not a LS or something else build thread..

But did anyone tried using another skill for trash farming?

I've tried Spectral Throw - the tree is set up for AOE/melee and not projectile so it's not an exact fit. But even after adjusting the tree slightly to drop melee/aoe and pick up projectile, spectral throw just didn't cut it; I even tried using best ST gems in a tabula to get as much DPS as possible - no dice. Perhaps some other skill might work.

I tried LS quickly cuz it seemed to work with the same links. Just swapped out IAoE for Elem. Focus. Also tried Multi-strike for Chance to Bleed. It works... I was doing a T12 with it, but it feels clunky and not as good as BF. Honestly, looking over the list of skills, I don't we're gonna be able to do much better than BF...
Thanks everyone for these kind of answer. I was gonna run my own test eventually but just thought id ask so i know what gem to lvl . Ill try bf though,it looks kinda fast. Its my first bf and im kinda scare the map kill speed will piss me off. Even though when looking at video and etc,its not that bad actually. Just feels clunky at early lvl so my mind keeps telling me THIS IS GONNA BE SLOW ...THIS IS GONNA BE SLOW .
Level 87 now, been running pretty well. I'm able to do T12 pretty easily, the clear speed is pretty decent too. Definitely not a doomfletch ranger or anything but pretty fast compared to a lot of things out there if you play actively.

Just feel like I'm lacking in either damage/survivability. Anyone mind looking at my PoB and giving me some pointers? Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/7XgpwsLJ
"
corosou wrote:
Honestly, looking over the list of skills, I don't we're gonna be able to do much better than BF...

This is pretty much what I've concluded.

But... life is good as BF - while clear speed isn't Tier 1 - it's definitely adequate - plenty even if you're going after 40/40 challenges this league.

The only reason to switch to a higher clear speed build is if you're trying to farm some very low drop rate item and absolutely need the highest clear speed possible. And even if you do this, you'll likely end up using this build to kill Shaper/Uber Atziri.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 29, 2017, 8:47:23 AM
my first shaper on this build

Last edited by bpesnya87 on Aug 29, 2017, 10:04:33 AM
"
bpesnya87 wrote:

And lvl 86.. impressive homie ;) thanks for posting!
First I was like "holy shit, how does he achieve 1mio dps with those two unique claws without going crit glass cannon or pre 3.0 double dipping?"...

...then I opened PoB and started clicking...

No Conc effect for normal mapping.
No permanent phase run DpS buff.
Not always bothering to drop warchief.
Enemy not always moving.
No permanent Vaal Haste (isn't even linked to increased duration).
No 100% uptime on all 5 DpS flasks all the time.
Not always "taken a savage hit recently".

...and I disabled half the jewels for more realistic "budget" (life + 1 DpS stat), though that doesn't really matter at this point, with all the crazy short term multipliers gone.

Drops down to about 200k DpS, ~130k when BF isn't used perfectly.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle, also I'm not saying the build doesn't work or something like that, but "1-2M DPS" sounds misleading and more like clickbait to me. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 29, 2017, 11:10:39 AM
"
djsplash wrote:
Level 87 now, been running pretty well. I'm able to do T12 pretty easily, the clear speed is pretty decent too. Definitely not a doomfletch ranger or anything but pretty fast compared to a lot of things out there if you play actively.

Just feel like I'm lacking in either damage/survivability. Anyone mind looking at my PoB and giving me some pointers? Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/7XgpwsLJ

Just a few posts after this someone said they just beat shaper one level below you, and their character is public. I would look at what they are doing.
"
bpesnya87 wrote:

why u invert the claws?
"
Beskaius wrote:
"
bpesnya87 wrote:

why u invert the claws?

What happens if I change them?

Report Forum Post