Bill Nye, how far you have fallen

As someone who came over from Asia I dont know how to emphasize the extent of anti-intellectualism in USA.

Popular Science is just so poisonous. There is no point in blaming on this Science guy when the overall culture for Science in the USA is off.

My fellow Asians are doing hundreds of practice questions daily so that an idea that does not make sense to them finally makes sense.

True Science is plain dry and boring. If you really want to know Science, at least understand that nothing comes without hard work.
last statement is kinda racist
By Asians I mean the people who grew up in Asia, not the race 'Asian'.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
By Asians I mean the people who grew up in Asia, not the race 'Asian'.

By asians you meant asians because that's what asians mean. Therefore asians
Language, in it's current forms at least, is racist. A word etymologically derived from a geographical location should not be used to describe inheritable genetic traits, as one does not necessary imply the other. However, since all major cultures formed under conditions of severe and pervasive racism, our language itself takes racial segregation as a given.

All.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
_
Last edited by Kuglorf on Sep 28, 2018, 2:56:06 PM
"
Is there actually anything worth debating here?

The concept of gender was invented to study the behaviors associated with each sex. It is by definition linked concretely to your sex, because that's what it's studying. When you observe the behaviour of all men, you'll have the bell curve average and some outliers. A man who acts incredibly feminine is still on the chart and still used to create the average because some men will be incredibly more masculine than average and balance it out.

That's what gender is. It's the behaviors associated with your sex, you can't change it. If you're an incredibly feminine man then you're still a man and your behaviour is still the male gender, it's just an outlier. Gender is by definition a binary because it's the observation of the behaviours of 2 binary sexes.

If you change the definition of gender so you can choose it, then it's no longer the study of behaviours associated with sex, and it no longer describes anything, and is therefore functionally useless, meaning it's not science.

No, there is nothing to debate here. Bill Nye has become a full-fledged shill, that's all.

Certain people like to argue that because of chromosome disorders (like being XYY or being an XX male) gender is not binary. It's like saying humans are not bipedals because some people are born with over or under 2 legs.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

The concept of gender was invented to study the behaviors associated with each sex. It is by definition linked concretely to your sex, because that's what it's studying. When you observe the behaviour of all men, you'll have the bell curve average and some outliers. A man who acts incredibly feminine is still on the chart and still used to create the average because some men will be incredibly more masculine than average and balance it out.

That's what gender is. It's the behaviors associated with your sex, you can't change it. If you're an incredibly feminine man then you're still a man and your behaviour is still the male gender, it's just an outlier. Gender is by definition a binary because it's the observation of the behaviours of 2 binary sexes.

If you change the definition of gender so you can choose it, then it's no longer the study of behaviours associated with sex, and it no longer describes anything, and is therefore functionally useless, meaning it's not science.

No, there is nothing to debate here. Bill Nye has become a full-fledged shill, that's all.

Welcome to the forums. Mind you, we have a 20 page discussion just on my gender identity.
"

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
He always was a full-fledged shill, it's just that we were more cool with the establishment back then.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info