Survivalibity high Tier maps-Help

I'm pretty sure we're both saying the same thing but in different words. Armour is so good against many small hits. It's borderline OP, but CI builds get Granite Flasks so they got a ton of Armour practically for free anyways, so people don't really notice their "investment" into Armour a lot of the time.

the EHP thing is just a very convenient way to gauge your one-shot threshold, like, if you had 10k Armour against 5k Hits, that's 20% extra EHP, so instead of needing 5000 Life to survive one-shot, you would only need about 4200 since 4200 * 1.2 = 5040, so it's giving you the same benefit of about 800 Life - but only against Physical Hits.

Some people would rather have +200 real maximum Life than +800 "Life but only against Physical Hits," but at least Armour is doing quite a bit against that big hit, such that a choice exists

but at values like 1000 damage Hits 10k Armour becomes +100% EHP which is just really good. Take twice as many 1k hits to kill you if you have 10k Armour, like if you had 5k Life and no recovery it would take 10 hits to kill you instead of 5, that's a ton of extra time to do stuff like kill the enemy, and if you take it all the way to 20k AR vs 1k hits or 10k AR vs 500 hits well that's +200% EHP or triple the amount of time you get, very very good
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
With stone golem i have ~350 regen life per sec, also i have 6 end charges and nice life leech cause im a slayer. Blue or yellow map tier 10 is no problem for me . So best thing i can do is reroll armor, look for gloves, helmet , boots with life,res,armor ? what with mov speed ? being slow i will die often ?
Look for better rings ? amulet ?
Evasion is no problem because i revert eve to armor i passive
And thank you for answering me (; This is my first char
Last edited by tomek897 on Apr 24, 2017, 12:17:40 AM
"
tomek897 wrote:
With stone golem i have ~350 regen life per sec, also i have 6 end charges and nice life leech cause im a slayer. Blue or yellow map tier 10 is no problem for me . So best thing i can do is reroll armor, look for gloves, helmet , boots with life,res,armor ? what with mov speed ? being slow i will die often ?
Look for better rings ? amulet ?
Evasion is no problem because i revert eve to armor i passive
And thank you for answering me (; This is my first char

Devoto's is a nice helmet actually. Even for an Earthquake character, who doesn't benefit that much from the attack speed. The other stats it provides are great, and not having life on one item out of 9 isn't the end of the world. The movement speed especially is great. However, strictly speaking about survivability, a rare helmet with a high armour roll, a high life roll and a high strength roll would be ideal. Some chaos resist on some of the gear is highly recommended too. You do have a bit here and there, just mentioning to keep it up. Some unique helmets you can think about are Starkonja's and
The Formless Inferno.

Atziri's boots - although if you have Iron Reflexes they provide a juicy piece of physical mitigation, the spell dodge is marginally useful unless you also have phase acrobatics. But, hey, it doesn't hurt.

The two areas which definitely need an improvement, as the others pointed out, are the body armour - reroll it with chaos orbs + master crafting for a decent life roll - and the gloves with the practically nonexistent life roll. Get some gloves with high life, scrap the attack speed if you can't afford it. Your build has decent survivability against physical damage, but there are many sources of elemental damage in the game, and against them you only have your leech/regen and your life pool. 5k life is a bit low for a melee character without evasion or block.

And, in the end, the number one survivability-improving factor in the game is knowledge and experience. There are many, many mechanics which are pretty nasty if you aren't used to them, so just keep on playing, learning, asking questions and enjoying the game. There is a lot to learn and no shortcut for that. About unique maps, it's a good idea to research them before you enter. There are articles on the wiki, youtube videos, reddit discussions and so on.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Thank you Bars for Advice and Tips (:
now armor
Spoiler

and new gloves
Spoiler

5350 hp ,70k DPS still 10k Armor.Res all 75 chaos -17 ... but i readed that chaos is not important because only few boses use chaos
Last edited by tomek897 on Apr 24, 2017, 1:46:32 PM
Switch to This helmet when faced with chaos damage.

Set it up to match Devoto's.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
You should play around spamming utility flasks for defense. Having double life flasks is a real waste.

The game is such a rigged ripfest unless you fully utilize every defensive mechanism to it's fullest.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You're welcome. The new gloves and chest are a definite improvement. The rest is practice and learning. Cheers.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Chest is better but 5,4k HP is still not much ): I kwow that practice is the key to be pro (:
I bought
and now i feel power, can someone give me advice about one good flask more ? I can change my one armor flask for something better.
BTW i cant find strong build for Sunder it means that if i will kill shaper using Sunder i will be master of sunder (:
"
tomek897 wrote:
can someone give me advice about one good flask more ? I can change my one armor flask for something better.

Atziri's Promise and/or Taste of Hate
I bought Atziri flask. Now i have small problem with uber lab (: First time doing lab, i tried 4 times , second phase very hard... But i think that my slayer is able to do lab, maybe i need only good strategy for second phase

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info