Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

doesn't matter you could have a supercomputer from nasa but the game is coded poorly in some areas.
I'll buy a new rig when I can afford it. Probably post 3.0.
Piss poor quality game coding = WTF is the point
I already have an i7 4c/8t cpu @ 3.5 Ghz, 500 GB Samsung SSD, 8 GB memory, and R270 GPU. I'm waiting for AMD to get Vega gpu marketed before upgrading my gpu. Vega GPU with HBM2 memory is going to not just be evolutionary but revolutionary and really boost gpu performance.

Even if I get faster gpu (maybe Christmas) PoE 3.x will still be slow with mob packs, necros, many bosses, too many ground effects in maps, etc. because the servers will still lag out like crazy. I fear the roll out of PoE 3.0.0 will be a nightmare of performance problems. I hope I'm wrong but given current performance problems with current player loads on the realms it'll be much worse day 1 when 5x more players try to log in and realm servers die from calculation overload.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 21, 2017, 11:10:50 PM
I m getting a new razer laptop.
invest 100e on a ssd for your games. Buy 100$ range gpu every year (200$ for the kek if you are rich)

???

profit

for developpers choose cpu with higher caches tho. (that is why i ended up with a high end i7 for my last laptop)

@Arrowneus: don't worry technology have evolved, they will have the calculation.
Last edited by galuf on Apr 22, 2017, 1:51:14 AM
I'm curious what should I upgrade in my PC to get rid of FPS drops when I roll too many mods on maps, ground effects seems affect fps more significantly then others.

Share please your config which is able to do stable 60fps full hd on min settings without any drops ever.
"
fwd wrote:
I'm curious what should I upgrade in my PC to get rid of FPS drops when I roll too many mods on maps, ground effects seems affect fps more significantly then others.

Share please your config which is able to do stable 60fps full hd on min settings without any drops ever.

you want a ssd, 10+gb of ram(if you play for long periods), if you have a 4K screen it can get heavy on gpu afterward. (at this point in time maybe a high end ATI)
"
galuf wrote:
"
fwd wrote:

you want a ssd, 10+gb of ram(if you play for long periods), if you have a 4K screen it can get heavy on gpu afterward. (at this point in time maybe a high end ATI)

So SSD really required to have 60 FPS? I was thinking SSD is only required to have faster load times.

Atm I have HD7970 on min settings (Dx9Ex) on FullHD, always 60 fps, but with ground effects (and I like to roll A LOT of mods on maps) it drops to 30 all the time. And graphics in PoE is nothing special, I run many modern games on max settings.
Just got 1060. Not for PoE ofc, there was no need.
So, I think I'm good.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info