Just Another KB Build

Hello guys,

let's talk about my KB build

i think i have maximized this KB build as much as i can. Now i'm releasing it's short guide.
->dual wield idea is from KeilC

->dual wield woe bite was his idea too.

->i used my global penetration + elemental focus trick here again, i'm not using any penetration gems
(i think i convinced keilc to choose that path as well)

->If you know signalshot, you know what i love most -> conversion. So this build uses 90% conversion cold & lightning scales that damage pool with more damage multiplier gems. The build is simply built around it.

I wanted to take the idea of dual wield woe bite, use it with global penetration + ele focus and 90% conversion. this is the build's short explanation.

Thanks KeilC for showing how strong wander can be. Before my LA build, i wanted to build a KB build to deal with EA builds, Pathfinder wasn't around at those times, we can say pathfinder has given wanders a new path in PvP. he capitalizd all the strengths of pathfinder and wander very well.

let's start with gear choices,

+highest X-Y damage offering wand in the game
+sustainable attack speed(when you have very high attack speed it gets very hard to sustain mana cost, i tried x2 foe bite too)
+dual wield synergy with both spell damage on wands
+dual foe bite has less X-Y, only more attack speed
+Dual 474 pdps(blood thirst new 6t1) wand has almost same X-Y, way higher attack speed.
+CHEAP! compared to other wands, lol i paid 205ex for both.
-CoE is mandatory
-Low attack speed basecan be a problem but mana cost becomes a problem after that

reasons for DW:

+20% more phys damage
+10% more attack speed
+15% block(75 block with rumi... zzz... flasks in poe)

generic mirror quality rings, they are outdated btw. new wand rings are coming.

+our guild is about to craft a rustic sash with reduced flask charges + hysteria mod. that would be the best for this build(shameless ad lol)

trust me, i tried everything, Lioneyes, Gruthkul's, The Beast Fur Shawl(50 spell damage regalia)( EVEN 6L ASHREND!!11.

the best resutls are with belly: you can have significantly more life, slightly less dps than lioneyes. lioneye's requires one jewel slot with inertia jewel to work, cause you need 160 str.

Penetration values:

Tree Advices,

+Elder Power
+Winter Spirit
+Forces of Nature
+Primeval Force
+arcing blows

jewels:

flasks:

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 17, 2017, 4:00:55 AM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2018, 6:08:46 AM
It's really funny to mention
"
CHEAP!

with 5 mirrored items, yes I took it out of context, and those wands are outdated and actually cheaper than other mirrored stuff etc, but still most of us are way out of this budget, and it feels cost is the most limiting barrier in trying this build. You once again showed that life is good with multiple hundred ex worth of gear, but I miss showcasing actually cheap alternatives, and that the mechanics of the build still work with those. Also any words on KB itself, shotgun, single target Barrage experiences etc, for the outsiders.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
choir of the storm, ele wand + spell damage shield can perform really good too. (in pve spell damage, T1 light damage, T1 fire damage wands outperform phys wands, even dual wield phys wands CI)

my amulet is you, know, very expensive, though, invested choir of the storm gives only 7% dps less than vengeance collar. (i'd advice people to use conversion vinktar in that case)

after amulet,
rings:
+you just need wed + light resistance on opal rings, some more resists and + bench %ES. probably it'll take 15ex each. (there is a ring for 30ex, gives better dps than my morbid knuckle, same resists, i can't buy, i'm out of currency, the reason is that flat phys is shit for wanders, T1-T2 light gives really good dps)

+buying mirrored rings was one of the biggest mistakes i did in poe probably. (confession)
the belt i bought was for 3ex(40wed + reduced flask charges), the hysteria belt i crafted, i just used 5 pieces of them. (i think i was lucky)

the unevitably expensive part is helmet with enchantment, which is 20ex. 50% chance is an option though but you know... it's inferior.

i had 250ex from selling leg kaoms, i flipped that a bit, but the items i bought for this build completely dried me out, so i can't get cheap items and make another test. i can send path of building .txt files to see the results.

but there is one pve guy(comes time to time to sarn arena) with choir of the storm and Ele wand, his damage is really good too from what i see.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 16, 2017, 7:09:41 AM
Ahhhh so this is how i die :D
Choir of the Storm DPS:

255k;

Vengeance Collar DPS:

%12 difference we have here,

if you use wise oak, the difference gets way lower.

for 2ex amulet the result is amazing in my opinion.

that said, i'm obsessive in build making. I can stay nights long and flip currency for 200ex item until i get 5% more dps on my build. this is what i enjoy most to be honest. that struggle. that's why i always use very expensive items.
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 16, 2017, 8:46:13 AM
TLDR:

Pathfinder

+

Penetration

+

AoE overlap

+

Mirrored Gear

=

LOTS OF DAMAGE!!!!1!11!!!

Who would've fucking thought? Good to see pvp is still going down the usual road paved with shit.

Happy Easter ;)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Really anything beyond the first post is superfluous.

But he has said before, "anyone with mirrored gear can wreck ", so this is a good proof of concept here.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Ahfack wrote:
TLDR:

Pathfinder

+

Penetration

+

AoE overlap

+

Mirrored Gear

=

LOTS OF DAMAGE!!!!1!11!!!

Who would've fucking thought? Good to see pvp is still going down the usual road paved with shit.

Happy Easter ;)

The 5000 dollars question:

If you comeback in pvp, would you use regular items instead of your Mirror shop ones you recently crafted? :P

My take on Rup build and from what I seen with tommi s pve build:

with no mirror gear you might still be able to 2shot people around because of the elem penetration.

I mean I bet even with 100k dps instead 200k because no mirror gear the build would still be very strong.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
i think it's more worth to point out that KB doesn't even need mirrored gear to wreck anyone else, and does not require much of anything else either.

KB itself is very strong - outranges even fireball without AoE investment - Deals a lot of damage because it can deal 5 explosions if lucky. we can make the list longer.

i don't intend to grow ego out of making builds or winning in pvp, i see something, i see it's worth indicate and here we go.

There are even more OP stuff that we can talk about.

+Imagine Double +1 skin of the loyal Magma Orb(lvl 28 Magma Orb) with +chain gem and with 12-13GS, it has the range of old spark before nerfs,
(or maybe with crit investment or just X-Y scaling on tree.)

-> idea above belongs to plexus btw <-

+Imagine Double +1 skin of the loyal EA(lvl 28 EA) with 12-13GS(rest is attack speed investment + HP)
or simply lvl 28 EA with wise oak, gg jewels and CI(lavianga's spirit is a must here)

these are all possible OP builds we can talk about.

so yeah, don't get surprised if somebody will wipe out everyone in sarn arena with piscator's, it's not even close to be unreal.

i believe exploiting the broken kinda helps the community.
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 16, 2017, 1:30:01 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:

KB itself is very strong - outranges even fireball without AoE investment - Deals a lot of damage because it can deal 5 explosions if lucky. we can make the list longer.

Overlapping/multi hitting skills > every other skill in the game by a significant margin. Exceptions to this rule are ones with multiple stages that can be achieved in merely a second with enough fcr investment i.e Flame Blast or something like Barrage.

To a lesser degree Lacerate/Earthquake also follow the same rule. Static strike, Molten strike also fall into this category. Ice crash if it in fact hit individually for each stage would probably be as stupid too.

Single target, aim required skills = doooooooooooooooooooooooooog shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Mechanically this game is mega fucked and nothing can revert that. The PvP algorithm is skewed, skill design is grossly dated/imbalanced and certain areas of the game i.e PvP really feel the effects of penetration and flask efficiency. Look to play the new 10 act PoE but don't expect these things to no longer apply in the near nor distant future...this is the game and this is how it'll die.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 16, 2017, 1:12:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info