[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

"
WildWombat wrote:
Hi, you need to have life on every item, the more the better :) (obviously not your hat though) Change the tabula to a cheap 6 link with life as soon as you can, even a corrupted one with right sockets and some life

Thanks for that! Also I have another question, I really hate multi strike support gem with its mechanics and what not, and I tried using faster attacks support; it seemed nice and smooth to transition to whirling blades or moving, rather than waiting for all the multi strikes to go off. Do you think using faster attacks is viable in any circumstances?
"
antje123 wrote:
"
WildWombat wrote:
Hi, you need to have life on every item, the more the better :) (obviously not your hat though) Change the tabula to a cheap 6 link with life as soon as you can, even a corrupted one with right sockets and some life

Thanks for that! Also I have another question, I really hate multi strike support gem with its mechanics and what not, and I tried using faster attacks support; it seemed nice and smooth to transition to whirling blades or moving, rather than waiting for all the multi strikes to go off. Do you think using faster attacks is viable in any circumstances?

Yeah, I know what you mean sometimes it is awkward with wanting to move while it is still attacking, or doing vorici missions, 3 hits will wipe things out :) but it does add a lot of dps. Cold pen or increased crit strikes will give more damage than faster attacks but it may feel too slow without either
"
WildWombat wrote:
"
antje123 wrote:
"
WildWombat wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean sometimes it is awkward with wanting to move while it is still attacking, or doing vorici missions, 3 hits will wipe things out :) but it does add a lot of dps. Cold pen or increased crit strikes will give more damage than faster attacks but it may feel too slow without either

Yeah, I may just try to get used to using multi, but will keep faster attacks in case I wanna swap, I need to try different setups but I feel like multi would be best in the end, I just need to get used to positioning and stuff. Is multi necessary though? or is it viable to use other gems?
Spoiler

Newbie here, I try your build for my second character and it carry me to T15 maps now and I feel that's the end of it because T16 wrecked me :)

I wonder if I can get more DPS on my character, in my frostblade tooltips it says around 90k DPS with golem and totem active (no flask use), do I need to change some of my item ?
Last edited by MeisterK on Sep 11, 2017, 7:12:38 AM
"
MeisterK wrote:
Spoiler

Newbie here, I try your build for my second character and it carry me to T15 maps now and I feel that's the end of it because T16 wrecked me :)

I wonder if I can get more DPS on my character, in my frostblade tooltips it says around 90k DPS with golem and totem active (no flask use), do I need to change some of my item ?

Hi, i am just another guy playing this but, of course you can have more damage, and is easy, a lot of choices:

-You could pick "primeval force" in the skill tree
-Amulet with add phy dmg and crit multiplier, (just care to not lose the int, i always look for 60 int, but i dont use frostbomb like you)
-Accuracy rating in both rings and add phy dmg
-gloves with attack speed.
-do the uber lab
-Six link body armour, but this is more expensive :(

bye :D
Hi, is me again, i am doing high tier maps now :D, currently lvl 91, but this days i am noticed in boss figth is hard to keep up the power charges or even imposibble, and thinking in change power charges for frenzy charges (cause is more like us, we are a warrior in melee range and high attack speed :P) and reading other builds, i did the test and is wonderfull:

First i have to change to life leech/reg version, for mapping use blood rage to generate frenzy charges (we dont lose life because the high reg), for boss use frenzy, but the best thing was find this: Pantheon, Soul of Arakaali "herald of thunder" (not the skill gem) and Blood Rage interaction, when someone hit us while we are using blood rage and inmortal call proc, we benefit from the Soul of Arakaali power"50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently", work fantastic, refill life more faster.

For now, i am running with this changes and feel more dmg against bosses:

-Blood rage for mapping, always the frenzy charges up (i am thinking in drop assassin mark for arctic armour, lose dmg but only in mapping and win more def)
-Frenzy - curse on hit - frostbite for bosses instead of orb of the storm setup/minion life setup.

i will comeback when i play more, but frenzy charges feels good with champion and we have two +1 frenzy charge very close.

Bye :D
"
Chris_hueso wrote:
"
MeisterK wrote:
Spoiler

Hi, i am just another guy playing this but, of course you can have more damage, and is easy, a lot of choices:

-You could pick "primeval force" in the skill tree
-Amulet with add phy dmg and crit multiplier, (just care to not lose the int, i always look for 60 int, but i dont use frostbomb like you)
-Accuracy rating in both rings and add phy dmg
-gloves with attack speed.
-do the uber lab
-Six link body armour, but this is more expensive :(

Hi MeisterK and thanks Chris, don't really have a lot more to add beyond Chris's suggestions
"
Chris_hueso wrote:
Hi, is me again, i am doing high tier maps now :D, currently lvl 91, but this days i am noticed in boss figth is hard to keep up the power charges or even imposibble, and thinking in change power charges for frenzy charges (cause is more like us, we are a warrior in melee range and high attack speed :P) and reading other builds, i did the test and is wonderfull:

First i have to change to life leech/reg version, for mapping use blood rage to generate frenzy charges (we dont lose life because the high reg), for boss use frenzy, but the best thing was find this: Pantheon, Soul of Arakaali "herald of thunder" (not the skill gem) and Blood Rage interaction, when someone hit us while we are using blood rage and inmortal call proc, we benefit from the Soul of Arakaali power"50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently", work fantastic, refill life more faster.

For now, i am running with this changes and feel more dmg against bosses:

-Blood rage for mapping, always the frenzy charges up (i am thinking in drop assassin mark for arctic armour, lose dmg but only in mapping and win more def)
-Frenzy - curse on hit - frostbite for bosses instead of orb of the storm setup/minion life setup.

i will comeback when i play more, but frenzy charges feels good with champion and we have two +1 frenzy charge very close.

Bye :D

Great, thanks. I didn't think of frenzy always thought it was a bow skill :) I tried using icebite in a variety of ways but didnt find anything reliable was tempted to pick up one of the new callous masks with icebite built in and try icecrash or something along with pcoc but frenzy sounds great. playing with blood rage on another build now :)
Last edited by WildWombat on Sep 12, 2017, 1:02:15 AM
"
WildWombat wrote:

Great, thanks. I didn't think of frenzy always thought it was a bow skill :) I tried using icebite in a variety of ways but didnt find anything reliable was tempted to pick up one of the new callous masks with icebite built in and try icecrash or something along with pcoc but frenzy sounds great. playing with blood rage on another build now :)

Hi, me too xD, i always thought it was a bow skill until i read the other day a post xD, i was to close thinking only in power charges too xD, remember catch the "herald of thunder" god for pantheon (for more leech :D, is insane).

The best gem setup i could test was, keep gloves and helmet (with frostbite) same as your guide and in boots put blood rage, frenzy and the golem. frenzy charges all day and more dmg.

PD: Now i am going with this gem setup (cause i dont have currency to buy a 6link belly), less dmg maping, same against bosses, but i still not decide wich one to use xD

helmet: hatred, blasphemy, artic armour
boots: blood rage, frenzy - curse on hit - frostbite
Last edited by Chris_hueso on Sep 12, 2017, 7:39:25 PM
Hey !

First of all thanks for this build, i've just reached mapping at lvl 60 haha, it was pretty fun to level.

I've tried some stuff during leveling :

Dual Ewar's Mirage
Was great, huge boost of dps at lvl 26. started to use FB at this point.
The additionnal projectile was meh, but the chaining... just wow.

Dual Daresso's Passion
Everything died so fast, very fun !

Dual Prismatic Eclipse
Nice damage boost too.

Now i'm with Scaeva on main and Prismatic Eclipse on off hand.
I think the 3*25% increased physical damage is neat plus block chance + additionnal physical damages.

Right now i'm doing lvl 70 maps with ease, at level 60, that's my first time i'me doing map that early.

Once again, thanks for this fun build :)
Last edited by kaeh on Sep 13, 2017, 1:13:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info