[0.10.1] HC Necro-Witch Guide | How to survive and progress as a pure summoner.

"
"
You are pretty close to the reduced mana reserved nodes. Could help with beefing your summons.

Yeah, up a couple posts someone suggested that. It seems like a good idea to grab the one to the left of the skill tree along with Elemental Adaptation.

Working with the idea of getting the reduced reservation and elemental adaptation. Would this build work for max points, this basically maxes out all of the available HP nodes + Resitance.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBB2MI9Ax9EH8QlxHbE1sUsBZvGYUabBzcJDwkqicLJ6kn7Sj6KpgxiDN2Nuk4GzlSOjA64TvhPC1Bh0QERnFI50lRTblN405tVcZV1lcrWAdabWKsZOdr220Zc1N3YnkDerh8g30Yfll_xoIegseEY4VgiECI8Yt6j0aQM5HPkjiTJ5Ugm6GdrqFtoqOmV6aspwinK6dcqW6qxKxZrJiuk7QMtfK3PriTvDe8n7-XwFTB88T2xp7Grsk9zLzN-s9l0NDUGdad2Qva3dsL4vfjauOf5BHk8edj6-7sivF28h7yRfPd99f6gPsJ_gr-Sf6P

Is the extra resistance's worth it OR could you go with a extra mana alternative ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0HYwj0DH0QfxCXE1sUsBZvGYUabBzcJDwkqicLJ6kn7Sj6KpgxiDbpOVI6MDrhO-E8LUGHRARFnUZxSOdJUU25Tm1VxlXWVytYB1ptXypilWKsZOdr220Zc1N0VXkDeqp6uHsHfIN8zn0Yfll_xoIegseFYIhAiPGLeo9GkDOTJ5UgmuCboZ2uoW2io6ZXpqynCKcrp1yqxKyYrpOycLQMtz64k7w3vJ-_l8BUwfPE9saexq7JPcy8zfrPZdDQ1BnWndkL2t3bC-L342rjn-aB52Pr5Ovu7IrxdvIe8kXz3ffX-i76gPsJ_gr-Sf6_
Last edited by Mordhel on Mar 6, 2013, 3:59:57 AM
"
Mordhel wrote:
"
"
You are pretty close to the reduced mana reserved nodes. Could help with beefing your summons.

Yeah, up a couple posts someone suggested that. It seems like a good idea to grab the one to the left of the skill tree along with Elemental Adaptation.

Working with the idea of getting the reduced reservation and elemental adaptation. Would this build work for max points, this basically maxes out all of the available HP nodes + Resitance.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBB2MI9Ax9EH8QlxHbE1sUsBZvGYUabBzcJDwkqicLJ6kn7Sj6KpgxiDN2Nuk4GzlSOjA64TvhPC1Bh0QERnFI50lRTblN405tVcZV1lcrWAdabWKsZOdr220Zc1N3YnkDerh8g30Yfll_xoIegseEY4VgiECI8Yt6j0aQM5HPkjiTJ5Ugm6GdrqFtoqOmV6aspwinK6dcqW6qxKxZrJiuk7QMtfK3PriTvDe8n7-XwFTB88T2xp7Grsk9zLzN-s9l0NDUGdad2Qva3dsL4vfjauOf5BHk8edj6-7sivF28h7yRfPd99f6gPsJ_gr-Sf6P

Is the extra resistance's worth it OR could you go with a extra mana alternative ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0HYwj0DH0QfxCXE1sUsBZvGYUabBzcJDwkqicLJ6kn7Sj6KpgxiDbpOVI6MDrhO-E8LUGHRARFnUZxSOdJUU25Tm1VxlXWVytYB1ptXypilWKsZOdr220Zc1N0VXkDeqp6uHsHfIN8zn0Yfll_xoIegseFYIhAiPGLeo9GkDOTJ5UgmuCboZ2uoW2io6ZXpqynCKcrp1yqxKyYrpOycLQMtz64k7w3vJ-_l8BUwfPE9saexq7JPcy8zfrPZdDQ1BnWndkL2t3bC-L342rjn-aB52Pr5Ovu7IrxdvIe8kXz3ffX-i76gPsJ_gr-Sf6_

The problem with all of this is 120 points is literally impossible. I don't think all those mana nodes would be necessary.
HC Necro-Witch Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/188249
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/187238
Alright so, question for OP. I'm following your build for the most part, but i felt like early on my minions dont last or seem 'tanky' enough. Especially skeleys but least they can be recast. Anyway, my troublesome ceiling seems to be auras. I'm currently running clarity and wrath b/c i feel like i can spam things while regenning with very few issues and still add dmg to minions. However, i'd like to change one of those to vitality. Dropping clarity isnt really viable w/o a reliance on flasks and dropping wrath for it leaves me at 65 mana pool.

Is this normal? Should i worry about auras this early on? Am i doing something wrong and not going with enough mana nodes/+mana on gear?

Any insight would be appreciated.

*edit* i'm also using rejuv totem just to keep my 2 spectres alive. I tend to use one fire one lit casters from solaris temple. Is this normal, and should i be using different spectres?

Also, i could respec and grab 2x curses but i don't see the point at this stage. I've looked at your build and just curious when this talent really flurishes?

*edit again*

I picked up EB and this seems to be a compromise, but my mana pool with grace/clarity/vitality now and mana pool is at 100ish. Is this normal stepping into cruel diff?
Last edited by Hyjaks on Mar 10, 2013, 6:30:27 PM
I just beat Cruel and am starting Merciless. Level 52 atm.

The only aura I use is Clarity (level 11 reserves 260 of 575).

Using any more auras than that at this time, and before? Impossible. Skelly totem alone is costing me 146 mana to cast. I don't know how you are using more than Clarity as an Aura. Do you have a LOT more mana than I do??

I have not had any real difficulties up to this point following the original guide, and figured that later as it fills out is when I'd be adding the other auras. To be honest, my zombies take a beating relatively well. Skellies can hold their own. Minion Instability makes them output damage when they die if they do die. /shrug

What I'm saying is that up to this point, it's been fairly easy and I don't have any special gears other than what drops (and targetting the color links I needed to make my skelly totem, spectre summon, zombie summon.)

I support my goon squad by cursing Enfeeble, and damage via Arc (when I have mana to spare) or Freezing Pulse (when i don't have much mana, since Clarity refills it almost instantly). I've stopped using Fire Trap and Bear Trap (don't have the gem spots at the moment) but I don't really miss em.

"
firefry wrote:

Using any more auras than that at this time, and before? Impossible. Skelly totem alone is costing me 146 mana to cast. I don't know how you are using more than Clarity as an Aura. Do you have a LOT more mana than I do??

I myself am lvl 66 and have 647 mana and run 4 auras. I use my mana to run vitality and clarity and then blood magic (malachai's simula) to run grace and discipline. Once I get better sockets (and maybe reduced mana reservation) I can run either purity/haste based on mana too. Still have to decide whether or not I'll take EB cuz my 1100 ES adds quite a bit of tankyness. Life 3,5k atm. But we'll see.
(ง'̀-'́)ง
"
Istvan wrote:
"
firefry wrote:

I myself am lvl 66 and have 647 mana and run 4 auras. I use my mana to run vitality and clarity and then blood magic (malachai's simula) to run grace and discipline. Once I get better sockets (and maybe reduced mana reservation) I can run either purity/haste based on mana too. Still have to decide whether or not I'll take EB cuz my 1100 ES adds quite a bit of tankyness. Life 3,5k atm. But we'll see.

I run 6 Auras using the Malachais Simula also, I run Grace, Discipline, Wrath, Anger, Clarity All on my HP which i lose around 800hp from 2.5k but i have over 2k ES sheild and it usualy never gets bypassed. I then run Vitality on my Mana which reduces me from around 800 mana to 350 mana, Which is plenty enough for casting ARC, Since i started running 6 Auras my spectre never die and my zombies only 1 may die to a large group. Been running 66-70 maps on this spec and it works fine :)
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I have to say though I did not believe you at first. My first char I went the get the minions first route. I made it to 25 before I was killed in a dungeon by regular caster mobs. It was slow and agonizing the whole way. Constantly recasting raise. That and Boss fights were a drag. Having no health was always one step from disaster.

I did learn a lot though... Want to live? Don't stop moving.

I'm 16 now and following your guide to the letter. Its much faster and easier. Just finished the squid boss ( Merivel ) and actually tanked her with no issues.

Thanks man

Nightstone
This is a complete noob-witch question.. Why the + 30 dex nodes?
"
Tremerus wrote:
This is a complete noob-witch question.. Why the + 30 dex nodes?

The fact that you'll be using LMP/grace/temporal chains etc. requires tremendous amounts of dexterity at higher levels.
(ง'̀-'́)ง
Just some quick notes... I ran into some issues with the build around level 25 or so. Even with all the health I was taking a pounding. Came close to dying a bunch of times. This got me to thinking and I ended up modifying the build. You need a meat shield for the dungeons. Something to absorb that initial damage. The undeveloped zombies at this point did not hack it.

My choice was to split the build a bit and add some meat to the minions while still taking the other stuff as I go along. So far so good. Act 2 is done.

The boss at the end was taken out with skellies and firestorm. Skellies to distract added mobs while I killed them. Worked great.

Lastly got lucky on some drops and have some real good mana regen and evasion now. Have not needed pots at all now.

Will keep posted.

Nightstone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info