YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

a auction house would be nice !

poe.trade is like an auction house already.... the only few things what would change are....

you dont need to wait until somone is online or answere you...

you cant rip off some noobs anymore...

no guys they put the items on poe.trade only for price droping anymore...

and what are the negative changes ? nothing !

Edit: in D3 was a real money auction house and "that" was stupid !!!
Last edited by kashyko on May 8, 2017, 12:53:12 PM
"
kashyko wrote:

poe.trade is like an auction house already....
Spoiler
the only few things what would change are....

Spoiler

The main problems many and GGG core devs have with an in-game auction house (besides having to code and debug it) is:

1. This game is all about grinding. Being able to buy all tier 1 or 2 gear to make
    a specific build will reduce the grind time to find gear and only grinding for
    enough currency to buy gear would be needed.
2. AH is all about fast and easy buying/selling and GGG (plus many players) see fast
    way to trade as invite to all flippers and makes PoE = Path of Economics.
3. Fast way to buy/sell invites wealthy "pay to win" players. Hey, I can go to a RMT
    site, buy exalts, come into PoE AH, and buy BiS gear and kill all Guardians and
    Shaper in a fraction of the time it would take. So wealthy players always win.
    (GGG will never stop RMT sites so more time consuming way to buy is required.)
4. AH easy fast buy/sell is a sure fire way to have more botters and high inflation.

However, #1 directing conflicts with GGG's core belief that players are encouraged to actively trade for gear. That core philosophy is why that endgame quality drops are set so low. Since I'm not getting any 6L gear to drop I'll need to buy one is GGG's thinking behind super low rng drop chance of any quality endgame gear. Totally justifiable but then GGG smacks us upside the head by only providing rudimentary archaic trade function that only works if you are in-game 24/7 to be there when some one whispers WTB xyz item from you. It's shocking that we still have to put up with such polar opposites as trading is in PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
eebertay wrote:
I WAS THERE WHEN D3 LAUNCHED THEIR AUCTION HOUSE

I SEEN IT!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

BRO IS FOR REAL!

Yes trading in poe is aggravating at times but that is ok because once in a while you get those sweet bro deals and also can rip off noobs

An auction house will solve 1 problem while creating a zillion more

Dont do it

You madbro? You sound mad.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
kashyko wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The main problems many and GGG core devs have with an in-game auction house (besides having to code and debug it) is:

1. This game is all about grinding. Being able to buy all tier 1 or 2 gear to make
2. AH is all about fast and easy buying/selling and GGG (plus many players) see fast
3. Fast way to buy/sell invites wealthy "pay to win" players. Hey, I can go to a RMT
4. AH easy fast buy/sell is a sure fire way to have more botters and high inflation.

However, #1 directing conflicts with GGG's core belief that players are encouraged to actively trade for gear. That core philosophy is why that endgame quality drops are set so low. Since I'm not getting any 6L gear to drop I'll need to buy one is GGG's thinking behind super low rng drop chance of any quality endgame gear. Totally justifiable but then GGG smacks us upside the head by only providing rudimentary archaic trade function that only works if you are in-game 24/7 to be there when some one whispers WTB xyz item from you. It's shocking that we still have to put up with such polar opposites as trading is in PoE.

Newsflash, it already is path of economics and favors the flippers by a massive margin. The current system even invite flippers to also be scammers by cheating people out of currency by fake listing prices.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
eebertay wrote:
I WAS THERE WHEN D3 LAUNCHED THEIR AUCTION HOUSE

I SEEN IT!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

BRO IS FOR REAL!

Yes trading in poe is aggravating at times but that is ok because once in a while you get those sweet bro deals and also can rip off noobs

An auction house will solve 1 problem while creating a zillion more

Dont do it

I'm betting 5 exalts that GGG will not implement an AH in the next year from PoE 3.0.0 launch date (yet to be announced). I played D3 from Memorial weekend in 2012 and while the AH was easy to use by the end of August I had farmed 12 million gold coin and botters/flippers had already caused massive inflation and better gear was selling for 100 million. GGG and all arpg vets know this so AH is not coming to PoE IMHO.

But lobbying for asynchronous trade is still a worthwhile goal and it's simple for GGG to implement while still keeping the current 3rd party PoE trade sites.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I know, i´m a free-to-play leech, so my opinion amounts to diddly squat, and whatever. But here it is anyway.
It wasn´t the AH that failed in Diablo 3. It was the game itself that failed, due to Blizzard´s decision to mess with drop rates, using the AH as an excuse. How would you feel, if you found out that the item you want so much has had its drop chance raised or lowered depending on wether there are more or less of said item in the AH? Thats exactly what happened.
For a long time Blizzard denied they were messing with the rates, and just as here, a lot of players had come out saying it was all "RNG", only to later on finding out the "conspiracy theorists" were right all along. The question becomes: Is the same happening with POE? We all heard of the "streamer RNG", and other theories that defend that drop rates are being messed with. Myself i think there are other "layers" of RNG at work here, and that there are unknown variables in the game that shift the RNG scales towards one end or the other. And if an Auction House was introduced, would GGG use it to tweak drop rates, just as Blizzard did? That´s the million exalted orbs question, isn´t it?
I don´t really care if the drop rate of item A or B is 0.00000001%, as long as it applies to EVERYONE in equal measure, and that some dude does not get a better chance because he happens to wear purple underwear and i don´t, or because he streams on youtube and i don´t!
Would an Auction House change the game? I doubt it. All it would do is level the playing field, protecting the little guy, the newbie, from getting shafted because he doesn´t keep up with current rates, or doesn´t know about third party sites. An AH would protect them. Since most players use POE.TRADE already, the introduction of an AH would not change much at all, except improve quality of life. And that is always a good thing.

Now excuse me while i go back to lurking. :)
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
kashyko wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1. you are already able to buy all tier 1 or tier 2 items on poe.trade.....nothing would change!
2. like MasterAxe said... its already path of economics.... and an ah wouldnt change that you get items faster... what i mean.. you have to pay the same price...
3. you already can go to RMT sites and buy exalts and trade your items.... nothing change!
4. more botters ? why ? there are already so much botters that you can buy an exalted orb in the first day of each league.... nothing change !!!

poe.trade is like an AH !! the only thing they would change....i already said !

"This game is all about grinding" if you dont play offline or SSF its not !
Last edited by kashyko on May 9, 2017, 7:17:10 AM
Stop this already, the current trade system "poe.trade" is perfect.

It has more pros than cons:

-it forces us to see each others hideous (i made numerous friends complementing me about my hideout after a sale)
-it makes it hard for market flippers (i remember d3 where the richest ppl in the game never even step foot in the game)
-it works incredibly well with a second monitor (as you can check prices while mapping)
-you can have multiple browser tabs opened for multiple filters (as opposed to constantly resetting filters between different searches in a ingame AH)

The only problem i see with the trade in this game is the divided markets (standard, league, etc). But that is 100% your fault for being an asshole if you keep items for sale and are not willing to switch when someone wants to buy them.
"
PayneK wrote:
Stop this already, the current trade system "poe.trade" is perfect.

It has more pros than cons:

1-it forces us to see each others hideous (i made numerous friends complementing me about my hideout after a sale)
2-it makes it hard for market flippers (i remember d3 where the richest ppl in the game never even step foot in the game)
3-it works incredibly well with a second monitor (as you can check prices while mapping)
4-you can have multiple browser tabs opened for multiple filters (as opposed to constantly resetting filters between different searches in a ingame AH)

The only problem i see with the trade in this game is the divided markets (standard, league, etc). But that is 100% your fault for being an asshole if you keep items for sale and are not willing to switch when someone wants to buy them.

1 i dont rly care about other hideouts and i guess many poeple doesnt care about that
2 it makes it easy to rip off some noobs or dont sell items to drop the prices!
3 why should i check prices while mapping ? if i just could look in the ah see the price put my item in and go offline....later come online and have my currency's ?!
4 thats 1 pro....vs how many cons ? too much right

5 best contra... like in this leage you could buy perandus coins without blocking the fucking portal !

an ah wouldnt give us any contras at this time but so many pros for newbies and not only for them!

"the current trade system "poe.trade" is perfect." noooooo ?

"But that is 100% your fault for being an asshole if you keep items for sale and are not willing to switch when someone wants to buy them."

yes it is but you cant fix the game community...but still you can fix it with an "AH" so poe.trade is not perfect because the community in a game never will be perfect !
Last edited by kashyko on May 9, 2017, 7:49:28 AM
On the flip side of having an AH. I've met most of my friends on this game THROUGH trading and haggling. With an AH instead, there's no haggling(offering and counter offering) or any socializing whatosever.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info