YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
People already whine about how useless drops are. And the easier trade gets, the more mandatory it gets. And the more mandatory trade gets, the more it will influence the game when it comes to balance. Either people refuses to see this, or they don't give a shit, because all they care about is to buy what they want, when they want. I'm too "old school" to phantom how a game like this can be fun, when all items are accessible one or two clicks away.

Do you even realize that POE trade is a one click mechanic already? Everyone of the top ladder guys has bought his items. Nobody of them has found anything of it! This is bad and should be fixed.

I don´t understand why you are against an AH, that is nothing else than a legit ingame variation of POE trade, but glorify POE trade here.

Let´s face it, POE trade grants easy access to items. An AH makes it only accessible inside the game, so that we can get rid of third party tools that are risky.

When will players get it burned into their memory that GGG is NEVER GOING TO CODE an AH for PoE? PoE will NEVER, I repeat NEVER going to have an AH! So please stop repeating (ad nausium) that an AH will not break this game. D3 broke because of AH and botting and so Blizzard finally owned up to their mess and pulled the plug on it (and the other Wilson). Everyone knows this and because of the D3 disaster GGG will never code an AH.

Now no AH does not mean that we need to suffer forever with current trade chat and mindless whispering to the response of "seller is AFK" or no response at all. Asynchronous trade is a very real and easy to implement function for PoE and GGG should be totally ashamed to allow their arpg to go forever without a good way to buy an item without seller involvement. OMG GGG, if any real auction site on the Internet required the seller to be contacted to sell anything then extremely little would ever be sold (eBay and others wouldn't exist).

I've in many posts talked about an easy and simple to code asynchronous trade function that GGG should have implemented long ago to end the nightmare of trade chat and AFK sellers.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 8, 2017, 7:45:29 AM
Why do so many people equate an AH with a RMAH?
An AH that only involves in-game currency is fine.
"
maLcious wrote:

No one does.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It doesnt need to be an auction house as such

Just a place that interacts with the current trade tab system, so you can buyout items that are listed.

Exactly as is done currently through poexyz, but without having to fk around messaging afk's/lab runners/price fixers.

make it so it costs you to list items (trans/alts/jews/alchs) depending on the price you list stuff for.
"
maLcious wrote:

It has little to do with RMAH verses regular AH. Just look at how many PoE commodity selling sites there are selling items for real money (illegal as shit but nothing GGG can do to stop them). I think it has to do with how fast you can buy and sell items and turn them over for a profit. This inevitably leads to an in-game market of commodity flippers (like day traders in real life) that are only here to turn a fast buck or in PoE generate exalts quickly. An AH makes it super easy (way too easy) to buy and sell items quickly. It also means that with all players easily able to buy items the bot cheaters will come in droves and within a very short time will wreck the game economy by causing high inflation as the value of Chaos and other currency goes down as the game is flooded with them.

I will always push for asynchronous trading to take the "seller is AFK" out of the buy/sell equation but not for a full AH and see PoE go down the same path of destruction as D3 did.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
It has little to do with RMAH verses regular AH. Just look at how many PoE commodity selling sites there are selling items for real money (illegal as shit but nothing GGG can do to stop them). I think it has to do with how fast you can buy and sell items and turn them over for a profit.

And the fact that it's a 3rd party site makes it easier for people to create bots because GGG has no control over poexyz. They can make offers to people way before anyone else because the bot can just refresh over and over with a certain set of perimeters.

A bot that has to inject itself into the game engine to extract trade information is more complicated and GGG has more control. Also they'd be able to more easily track trading patterns and ban bots, accounts, IPs that are caught.

I'd be in favor of hardware banning people that are caught botting.
Last edited by maLcious on May 8, 2017, 11:29:14 AM

I think the current system would be fine with a few tweeks, I just want it so if you post an item for sale you must sell it at that price, none of these fake sales where you have to wispier 20 people to get a response
I dont see any any key!
"
Arrowneous wrote:
When will players get it burned into their memory that GGG is NEVER GOING TO CODE an AH for PoE? PoE will NEVER, I repeat NEVER going to have an AH! So please stop repeating (ad nausium) that an AH will not break this game. D3 broke because of AH and botting and so Blizzard finally owned up to their mess and pulled the plug on it (and the other Wilson). Everyone knows this and because of the D3 disaster GGG will never code an AH.
"

I will take that bet. I think you are wrong.

P.S. I am the worst formatter of posts of all time
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on May 8, 2017, 11:49:15 AM
"
maLcious wrote:
I'd be in favor of hardware banning people that are caught botting.

Certainly all legit players want GGG to be successful at keeping the bots out and banning those caught using a bot to generate currency. I'm definitely in favor of that. We all know that cheaters that get caught are banned but what we don't know (and never will know) is how well GGG can observe and differentiate the patterns of autonomous bots farming Dried Lake 24/7 verses a real player making 100s of Dried Lake runs to farm currency legitimately. Some would argue that GGG can't and thus bots ruining PoE is just as much of a threat as how bots ruined D3. GGG is for the most part always staying silent on this matter because it's a Kobayashi Maru situation.

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

I will take that bet. I think you are wrong.

P.S. I am the worst formatter of posts of all time

I truly wish GGG would get serious after PoE 3.0.0 (or better give us a summer surprise and give us asynchronous trade in 3.0.0) and fix trading but I'm not holding out any hope that PoE 3.0.0 will have any trade function changes. The reason I'm highly certain that PoE will never have an AH is that I have listened to all the podcasts last year that Chris was the guest and in every one when the subject of improving trade comes up Chris anyways has stated something along the lines of "we'd love to make changes to trading but need to be very careful to not disrupt the PoE economy" (paraphrasing and not an exact quote from Chris). To me that translates to "we aren't changing trading anytime soon" so I'll put up 5 Exalts (I always try to observe the Law of Fives) to your bet (I'm bookmarking this post so I have your name). After the roll out of PoE 3.0.0 and the debugging and balance tweaking that goes along with it GGG should have time to focus on trading and code either asynchronous or auction house in less than 1 year so the bet should be for GGG to replace trade chat in a year's time from PoE 3.0.0. What say you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info