[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Did my first shaper with this build, deathless as well;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXbeSeQL8w
(shadowplay only recorded last phase really)

Gear used:
Spoiler

Absolutely enjoying this build, really reminds me of the old VP CI days
Last edited by haruozzie on Mar 10, 2018, 3:11:32 PM
love this build most likely gonna be my 2nd char this league, quick question would Elemental Weakness on Hit be bis implicit for shapers gloves? cheers
Spoiler
Gear

I am also using a standard set of unique jewels + watcher's eye (29 ES on hit, 51% lightning damage), + 5 rare jewels (all with flat ES, 2 have resists, one has onslaught on kill, and flat damage to attacks).

My implementation of your build.
Few stats (molten strike melee hit from PoB, without flasks, charges, with buff's active, like blood rage and totem).
Your DPS: 118k
My DPS: 123k
DPS difference can be accounted for running blood rage in my build. Adding lvl20/q0 (same as mine) makes our DPS within 0.1% range.
Your ES (I replaced Atziri Reflection with Atziri Mirror, Reflection is impossible to get): 8891
My ES: 9178
My evade chance: 44%
Your evade chance: 53%

Spoiler
3.2 PoB link
https://pastebin.com/BYm3NU0e

Overall, great idea and I love how it plays!
I die only to my own stupidity.

My version is slightly different as it does not depend on the pure unique idea. I tried to pull it off, but a severe shortage of Vertex with Molten Strike enchant made me go more yellow route.
Thus I am sharing it, as it may help someone work out few problems I was facing when building it.

Getting Hubris with proper enchant was easy, that caused problems of not having +1 gems. I managed to get +1 corrupted Shaper's Touch which solved the problem easily.

Also, I am not fully convinced with Perandus Signets.
My DPS moves up with them by ~1.5 - 2% compared to my rare rings (this assumes using Vertex), however, I lose 400 ES.

Resigning from the rings opens up Helmet slot (with the +1 gloves) and boots for rare. It is possible to get 190 ES boots with resists and movement speed (note, this is 2 - 4ex replacement that is an absolute bitch to colour).

I also decided to dual wield. This increases my DPS by a truckload compared to shield option. Lack of resists from the shield I cover with rings and jewels. I managed to get 2 jewels with +12% roll to two resits, and ring with +12% to two resists, which gives in total 24% to all res, so wise oak still works like a charm.

Just yesterday I got my watcher's eye, so I am keen on trying how immortal it will be.
Update: Killed shaper with it, facetanked his beam. FeelsGood!

Last edited by heglion on Mar 27, 2018, 7:22:37 AM
"
3.2 Pastebin link
Spoiler

Build updated for 3.2

https://pastebin.com/7BTCLsyj

https://imgur.com/a/tRuvG

How is that connected, I don't get it. Someone please help me out!!!
That's because of Path of the templar, allowing you to start from the templar starting area.
Are you able to link a POB for your spectral throw variation? ^_^
Thank you for build! I will try it! Can you please tell me what part of skill tree on the right side should I pick first? Upper one or?

Hi, wanted to come here and thank for the build guide, I was able to down Uber Elder using it! I tweaked it a little and used Incandescent Heart and Inquisitor/Elementalist but overall really enjoyable and smooth build to use and level with.

I don't know if this is inappropriate to plug here but I'm done with the build now since I got Uber Elder down and I'm scrapping it to try new and different builds. So if someone is interested in trying it out I'm selling everything including gems and jewels here.
"
drumcorp1986 wrote:
Thank you for build! I will try it! Can you please tell me what part of skill tree on the right side should I pick first? Upper one or?

I started with your #2 route, then went up to #1. So go south first, then northeast. Another issue I ran into is, that I had about 13 skill points just sitting there until I could finish merc lab after finishing the story. Which I did as soon as I hit 66. It's been pretty smooth sailing, and so far pretty cheap to get everything that I have so far. Still running strong on a Tabula though. Waiting to hit the level so I can go in for an Atziri's Body piece. I'm only at 3500 ES so I haven't made the switch to CI yet. Will probably wait until I get a body piece and hit the 5k ES.
Amazing guide, very detailled and clear even for a nub like me! I love both your lazyness and your maths on why x is better than y. Very patient too, replying on so many comments!

I'm gonna do this as my second in bestiary now that I have some ex to spend. Just a quick question, for the last 4 unused sockets I was thinking on CWDT-IM-Duration 3l and Vaal Lightning Trap, just for some extra defenses and small damage buff. Is it worth in your opinion?

Thank you!
Last edited by Pheu on Mar 31, 2018, 6:15:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info