[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

hows this build w/o the ehlm enchant? theres no vertex with it in the league on the market right now :D
"
ledit0ut wrote:
Why templar over elementalist?

The new elementalist has 10% pen and 10% shock, they also have an additional golem so you can run a fire golem with elemental reflect immunity.

Elementalist is certainly a viable option but it requires 3 extra points in the tree since you will no longer be able to obtain "path of the templar". If you cut Trickery in order swap into elementalist you end up with
+ 3% more dmg
+ 80 ES
However thats only while shock and flame golem are active. Shock only lasts 2 seconds and we'd only have a 5% shock chance plus 6% crit chance so for the majority of the time these will not be active and we'd be losing 10% dmg

I can totally see this being a good trade. lose 10% dmg to be able to run ele reflect maps.

"
bahnschranke wrote:
hows this build w/o the ehlm enchant? theres no vertex with it in the league on the market right now :D

build works fine without helm enchant. I put on that on the main page. Build still gets over 2 mill dps without either flask or helm those are just 'chase' items for endgame but you get plenty without them

hey there i really love this build. Tankyness and dps is amazing. Im trying to get better jewels and dying sun. But i have a question , i will be pushing to lvl 95+ so can you tell me what talent nods to take? And can you check my profile and tell me what can i upgrade ( if you have time). Tnx fot the effort :D
"
dragovoljac wrote:
hey there i really love this build. Tankyness and dps is amazing. Im trying to get better jewels and dying sun. But i have a question , i will be pushing to lvl 95+ so can you tell me what talent nods to take? And can you check my profile and tell me what can i upgrade ( if you have time). Tnx fot the effort :D

You have alot of lvl 20 gems that you should give 20% quality with the gcp vendor recipe. Some like CWDT don't need quality but most gems gain something useful. The faster attacks gem in your shield charge setup for example will be as good at 15/20 as it does at 20/0

Your offhand slots are nearly empty which is a real waste of leveling potential. If you can't think of anything in particular you want to level then just shove 4 more wraths in there, gives you more chances to vaal one into a lvl 21 gem.

Gear looks pretty good as is, next upgrades are only really for endgame. I would look to get a clarity watchers eye or some Abyss jewels with high flat ES to improve ES total. You could look to corrupt some shapers gloves looking for a curse on hit implicit.

A lvl 4 enlighten saves you 2 points in the leadership cluster.

In terms of 92+ in the tree, Storm weaver for more damage or another jewel socket for ES. Gotta get some good Int or flat ES jewels for that to be worth though
Think I will try this build with a 4L Frost Blades setup for mapping. What's your opinion on that?
I'm really enjoying this build already, but I have one question: what makes you recommend a clarity watcher's eye when the build doesn't have clarity? Is wrath lightning penetration still the other recommended watcher's eye mod to look out for?
"
carizcoiso wrote:
Think I will try this build with a 4L Frost Blades setup for mapping. What's your opinion on that?

Build gets point blank which might make the damage kinda low but thats gonna be a problem for most clearing skills. I think I'd be more tempted to put a spectral throw clearing skill in the boots just because the colors will be easier to get

"
fookolt wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build already, but I have one question: what makes you recommend a clarity watcher's eye when the build doesn't have clarity? Is wrath lightning penetration still the other recommended watcher's eye mod to look out for?

Build doesn't use clarity unless you get that watchers eye. Then you run a lvl 1 clarity in order to get the ES buff. Its out of the average players price range though and I try to be budget friendly.

Yeah wrath pen is best damage. There are other things its nice to be paired with but again it depends on the budget and I generally trust that someone who can afford that high either already knows what they want or they can just ask :)
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:

Build doesn't use clarity unless you get that watchers eye. Then you run a lvl 1 clarity in order to get the ES buff. Its out of the average players price range though and I try to be budget friendly.

Yeah wrath pen is best damage. There are other things its nice to be paired with but again it depends on the budget and I generally trust that someone who can afford that high either already knows what they want or they can just ask :)

Thank you for the quick response! I really appreciate how thoughtful and detailed your guide is :)

If I can ask, what are the other Watcher's Eye mods that pair well with the build, given it can run so many auras?
Last edited by fookolt on Apr 6, 2018, 2:37:48 PM
"
fookolt wrote:

Thank you for the quick response! I really appreciate how thoughtful and detailed your guide is :)

If I can ask, what are the other Watcher's Eye mods that pair well with the build, given it can run so many auras?

No problem I just happen to be up and checking the forums, don't usually catch things that quick.

I'd say next best after clarity and wrath pen are

- damage leeched as mana while affected by wrath (saves 2 points in tree)
- Any of the damage taken as x while affected by purity of elements
- Faster start of recharge rate while affected by discipline

I might be missing some but those are all more a "if you find one and can afford it" kind of situation
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:

No problem I just happen to be up and checking the forums, don't usually catch things that quick.

I'd say next best after clarity and wrath pen are

- damage leeched as mana while affected by wrath (saves 2 points in tree)
- Any of the damage taken as x while affected by purity of elements
- Faster start of recharge rate while affected by discipline

I might be missing some but those are all more a "if you find one and can afford it" kind of situation

That makes a lot of sense! Would energy shield regen while affected by discipline be useful for this build? (sorry for all the questions)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info