Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

So I have a question with regards to how skeletons and skeleton mages work. With the new cap, does that mean you can only have 15 skeletons total, or 15 warrior and 15 mage skeletons?
GGG, please make these balances in a way, that a summoner build which only uses spectres, not zombies/skeletons would be viable! Thanks. even melee spectre summoner would be sick
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
DMHirsch wrote:
No animate weapon nerfs, feels so good man. I got scared for a moment.

Still plenty of time. This post does not preclude the possibility of a nerf.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Still not viable for end-game though.
Summon skeleton for fun here we come!
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi
Sorry, but not exited. I am tired of working around the terrible minion AI be getting ridiculous amounts of attack and movement speed for them.

And this post sounds like you're doing exactly this now, too. :(
Perception is reality.
Spoiler
"
SteelBuster wrote:

"

I haven't ever been able to devote enough time in a league to get far into Merciless, but at least by Cruel, my Witch has become the weakest link in my army by a large margin. I don’t mind this myself, and I did choose to buff them with support gems and skills, but I’m actually a little surprised by how big that gap is allowed to become, considering they have the advantage of allowing you to kill stuff while you literally do nothing but run away, which is very low risk. Normally I would expect that sort of risk reduction to have a trade off in time or some other reward, but as I mentioned, they kill stuff way faster than I can on my own while I need to jump around and dodge too. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve completed a master mission lying bleeding on the floor as I watch my minions win the battle for me a couple of minutes later.

I’d like to be clear that none of this is a bad thing, in my eyes. I like being able to play a minion exclusive build as a viable option. But to answer the original poster, I’ve never much felt that my minions weren’t clearing out rooms fast enough – maybe that’s something people encounter in the endgame.

I see you're just posting your opinion, but it is COMPLETELY void considering you are around level 40-55. This game is balanced based on end-game content, and talking about the end-game viability of summoners when you have not even reached merciless is comical.

Actually, I wasn't talking about the endgame viability of summoners, but saying that in the early and mid game I haven't seen much of a problem, though maybe there could be a problem in the endgame (but I don't know). But considering Steam claims I invested 792 hours in this game over the past year I would like to think that my opinion isn't completely void. Not everyone who plays this game is going to be making a beeline to the endgame, and it would be mighty unfortunate if the journey along the way wasn't enjoyable and well balanced as well.
You should add same Monsterpedia to game where players can collect and unlock all the monsters from the game see their powers skills and what they do
Great, now CwDT with Summon Skeletons is going to suck.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
Lazael666 wrote:
omg first!

(doing this feels so stupid)

because it is
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
bwam wrote:
Great, now CwDT with Summon Skeletons is STILL going to suck.

fixed this for you

In all seriousness being more powerful and attacking quicker may very well make this a better use of them considering they are otherwise pretty useless the tradeoff is probably a net positive.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 31, 2017, 3:11:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info