The Fall of Oriath: Monster Preview

lol... Path of Catholicism

I find the obvious RL references ("catholic kippah", nuns, Nazi-amrbands...) too off-putting. There is "being inspired" and then there is "obvious copying".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
i can be a beta tester ?

look nice

thx a lot :)
Oy! Keep calm and smash dis Nazis!!! Blade vortex and WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
Nice !

Path of Exile, Fall of the 4th Reich :)
IGN : KC_Serra (among other chars)
Last edited by Serrã on Mar 28, 2017, 4:24:50 AM
Looks amazing! Once again cementing the level of creativity at GGG.

Meanwhile at Blizzard HQ: Let's make another Pixar animation inspired game, how about Diablo 4?
༗ Velka's Ravens ༗
༗ IGN: Legintown ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens Thread: 1772222 ༗
"
morbo wrote:
I find the obvious RL references ("catholic kippah", nuns, Nazi-amrbands...) too off-putting. There is "being inspired" and then there is "obvious copying".

This. The artwork seems to familiar, not really new cause of the themed styles and is mostly disappointing, except the abominations.

If the entire nazi theme fits to poe at all, this is another topic....
"
morbo wrote:

Gotta agree here. As much as I like the designs I really do not like the red Armbands on the Humanoids. They are just screaming 'Look how evil this Oriath regime is, does this remind you of another evil regime?!?', which is very offputting for the fantasy plot imo.
Same with the male Priests or the 'Nuns' looking quite Catholic in these clothes. I mean I dont want them to look like a Rabbi or an Imam either. I'd just prefer if they would not be an obvious reallife reference. Just little changes here and there, like another hat or different robe etc.

Then again those are little things which definitely won't keep me from playing. The other monster's design is definitely cool, looking very intimidating. Love the Yeti and the Ice Hellions.
Doing an awesome job overall!
IGN: Kyrell
When do you guys redesigned the main characters?
Pretty hyped right now ;)
"
Giveitall wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Gotta agree here. As much as I like the designs I really do not like the red Armbands on the Humanoids. They are just screaming 'Look how evil this Oriath regime is, does this remind you of another evil regime?!?', which is very offputting for the fantasy plot imo.
Same with the male Priests or the 'Nuns' looking quite Catholic in these clothes. I mean I dont want them to look like a Rabbi or an Imam either. I'd just prefer if they would not be an obvious reallife reference. Just little changes here and there, like another hat or different robe etc.

Then again those are little things which definitely won't keep me from playing. The other monster's design is definitely cool, looking very intimidating. Love the Yeti and the Ice Hellions.
Doing an awesome job overall!

GGG has done an amazing job, but I must admit that these religious+nazi hints are becoming too much for me: I have enough religion and political *crap* happening in real life around me, I play games to get a break from them.

So... while GGG did an amazing design job, I'll probably stop playing, because I'm growing tired of this particular art reference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info