Barrage Damage with GMP

"
adghar wrote:

John, have you actually used GMP with Barrage? It doesn't help clear at all... LMP/GMP don't behave on Barrage like they do with other skills. They add arrows in sequence, not in a cone like with other skills.

Yes I have, but way back then. I am aware the interaction does not behave like Volley Fire. I stopped using the combo because it felt really awkward (being stuck in place a bit longer). When GGG finally released Volley Fire, I felt like this was a huge QoL to Barrage. I understand the way my previous post was typed like a WTF, but my point of the post still remains that volley fire is the way to go. I will edit my previous post to make it less nonsense.

Edit: Not the actual reason, to my awkwardness in the Barrage + LMP/GMP interaction.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 28, 2017, 4:11:47 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I stopped using the combo because it felt really awkward (being stuck in place a bit longer).

re parentheses: Shouldn't be the case. A quick in-game test of a rando Witch with an Iron Commander does seem to support this - LMP+GMP is not slower than a blank Barrage, there's just way more arrows.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 28, 2017, 7:16:27 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

re parentheses: Shouldn't be the case. A quick in-game test of a rando Witch with an Iron Commander does seem to support this - LMP+GMP is not slower than a blank Barrage, there's just way more arrows.

This is what happens when you try to remember something very specific years back and expect to be accurate. adghar's post is the actual reason for why I felt Barrage + LMP/GMP was really clunky when it came to dealing with big packs, especially when they are slightly spread out. That is why I was excited when Volley Fire came out since the thread link you posted, I actually gave a small feedback (even quoting you on page 20) about their interaction was a big QoL for the skill.

I am not trying to mislead anyone, it just I deal with so many builds that it starts to effect me mentally, when I need to be accurate with my memories. Usually, it is best to tackle something by re-verifying in game which I had to double check and realize why I felt X had issues with Y back then or finding sources to back up the claim. Thanks for helping me out adghar and Vipermagi.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 28, 2017, 4:12:53 PM
With very high end builds GMP will never be the best dps gain per gem.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info