Lalala I'm ma walk in-- OH GOD NO

one more weird RIP from huge GGG's catalogue....lol.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Spoiler

looks like desync
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Mar 26, 2017, 7:53:21 AM
If it is a map that has Brinerot mobs in it, could it have been the game failing to render Storm Call or some other lightning spell? Player was shocked right before death, so something dealt enough lightning damage to shock and kill quickly after.
looks awfully close to Susara's Lightning Tendrils but the problem is where is she?? :D
d:-D*
Only in POE do you die and need a forensic team to figure out why exactly LMAO
Deliver pain exquisite
It's probably one of those lightning balls that appears when you kill a brinerot follower that graphically glitched.

If that person left the map to sell items(seems logical, he just did the boss i think?) and the orb was spawned before he left, then it can become invisible when you return to the map.

Similar things happen with trio physical rain spell and atziri flameblast/stormcalls if queued up prior to leaving the map.

Very shit glitch to have happen to you though, particularly on hc.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
It's probably one of those lightning balls that appears when you kill a brinerot follower that graphically glitched.

I thought so too. But those go off quite quickly. Only lasts like 2 seconds after death of the warband member. The time it took for the character to walk toward the Location of the death was too long for that (?). Also the damage is (depending on the mods ofc) not that insane.
Le Reddit's consensus was that it's a few invisible stormcalls from the boss of that map (shipyard).

By far one of the dumber death's I've ever seen, and yet another reason I won't seriously play hardcore.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Wow, I'm actually gonna be the first to know the answer to one of these! Pretty sure its the rampage leaguestone that spawns packs of animated weapons for you to fight. Those weapons can be ranged, and they hit like absolute fucking trucks. They're also exceptionally hard to see, as they're usually dull grey / black, and it would explain why the little SRS bros are active and moving.

1. There are no arrows on screen.
2. The SRS are idling.
Soooo no.

What you can see, is Shock, both on the character and very briefly on the Golem. Something dealt a ton of Lightning Damage in one hit, so the Traps sound more likely to me.
Do SRS trigger plain old Traps, even?

Not convinced. You can say there are no arrows on screen, but there also isn't a trap there either. That the player was shocked before death doesn't rule this explanation out. The map could have lightning damage rolled, and you can see ele weakness on the player. You can see the very top SRS doing something where the terrain has the vertical wall, there could be a bow or wand down there.
looks like lag/dsync to me just because of that spirit in the top right. it glitches around the exact same time he starts taking damage. they don't move like that, and it just suggests his character wasn't where it showed it to be, aka he takes damage you can't see because his character isn't actually there.

lag for sure in my opinion.
Last edited by xMustard on Mar 26, 2017, 11:15:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info