New Player and Flicker Strike

Hey guys,

I just want to throw my shitty noob opinion in the thread to maybe answer some questions or get some info about the way I'm going this league:

So I started this season with the Duelist -> Slayer-> Cyclone+AncestralWarchief build. Around lvl 85 when i got my Kitava's Feast I devided to switch the Ancstral Warchief to Flicker Strike and until now (lvl 93) I think it was the bes decision of my life. The insane clear speed u get (even with 5-Linked Kitava's) is awesome.

@KorgothBG Big compliments to your awesome Flicker Build Guides, espacially with the Two Handed edition! I like the way and style how you setup your both guides for Flicker (Terminus Est crit and Two Handed Weapon) and thx for the many details. Keep it up.

Skilltree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAQUULwCAuR0V7Irw6UbKkITZR369NmVNvqeplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07QUteu9AoF4TIVXcPQd1wKYs-4oiJyBGt9NvIWAshVoaRJ5Tu3TxKaWPYG8nmmphIa5Qe3Rlp-9OYVKTqIqzV1SGYDpSvJ8YkfxLFE0OPBRx2XyCB_JB-OtkUsGj4mEwd1n-TjIX4Sb4E0zqGPcyfNl2rM9-891oZa2N2WGFUusJOQ4Jlpd55FFQR-8OFCBfP2ebgIp2K_dNrj7Grgthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmPAXvfJ_fPC2DX4PMtz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ7FU9wySHgFPDWSpTUMcDu29WGygIa0hacnnwAAAAAA

I focused on Armour in my build and converted my whole evasion rating to armor thanks to Iron Reflexes. Bought a Cherrubims to get a chest armour with high Evasion rating and Armour on it and some life. Also the 100% inc. LifeLeech/s is a nice bonus to have. For the 50% more Chaos Damage I added a "The Retch Rustic Sash". It gives you 200% of LifeLeech as Chaos Damage. Thanks to the Ascandancy-Notes Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour and some Skillpoints to skill Vitality Void, Hematophagy and Splitting Strikes you get nice leech potential. This also provides you from dieing in some critical Trapsituiations in the Labyrinth because your lifeleech effects arent removed on full life.

At the moment I use Flicker Strike for Mapclearing and for t13+ Bosses I use Cyclone. I face the problem, that I can't generate enough frenzy charges on single targets. Either I dont have enough gem slots to pick up Frenzy Skill gem to manual generate Frenzy Charges so thats why I decides to use Cyclone. Otherwise you can also just pick up Ancestral Warchief instead I guess and you will also kill these bosses while useing flicker strike.

After all this said I hope I could give an alternate build version / idea for you guys to talk / discuss about.

Just have one question: What would be the best gem setup for Flicker Strike?

I yesterday decided to switch from Faster Attacks to W.E.D. (Weapon Elemental Dmg (gives more DPS then Phys. to Lightning))and have now of course a higher DPS but I couldn't find out the benefits I got from faster Attacks and didn't even realized until yesterday why I even used Faster Attacks. Read some threads after and it was mentioned, that the animation would be faster.

Gem Setup:
Flicker Strike - Melee Phys. Dmg - Fortify - Added Fire Dmg - Multistrike - Faster Attacks

Thank you for your answers and stay sane Exiles.

Last edited by Desaroth on Mar 28, 2017, 6:20:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info