New Player and Flicker Strike

I have read all the flicker builds, including Korgoth's. He intentionally did not pick any resistance or mana sustain nodes, and yet still used up most of his available points - so I feel I could not follow his as a template. I did make a possible tree inspired by Korgoth however:

www.poeurl.com/bdXM
Well all my guides state specifically that resistances and mana sustain are not taken because every player has different needs in those department based on their current need, though these things are a priority and should be taken care of by spending points into related passives if needed(and refunded later when you no longer need them ... and it always comes a time when you no longer need them). When you talk about complete high level trees (level 90+) things like mana sustain are a non-issue and resistances are easily covered by your gear (worst case scenario - by 2-3 passive nodes)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 27, 2017, 3:59:09 PM
Good afternoon Korgoth, thank you for your time and attention.

So what say you then to a stream lined version of the build:

www.poeurl.com/bdZF

I removed Diamond Skin and some of the Leech Nodes, but kept Sentinel and Cloth and Chain since those also give Armor and Evasion. I could easily take Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes if I need to, but I had invested so much into Evasion to just give it up....
Well it is... ok though i must say a few things in general. When it comes to mana leech 0.4% (or even less) is all that you need when you are geared up - get it from a jewel, for a single passive points, from a piece of gear , it doesn't matter you don't need more. When it comes to life leech - getting some more from the tree is not useless, but you can definitely spend your points on something more useful, given that blood rage pretty much provides all the life leech that you need. About armour and evasion - going for a 2h weapon means that you won't use a shield, not using a shield means that you'll end up with pathetic amounts of evasion and armour, amounts that are close to useless (especially true in the case of armour - totally useless when it matters) and thus spend even a single passive point towards extra evasion/armour is an utter waste. With that said cloth and chain and sentinel are nice nodes if and only if you need the resistances, if you don't - those are 4 wasted points you could've spent for extra life or damage.

Now with all that said i feel obligated to mention that acrobatics and phase acrobatics in a 2h build that already has plenty to get from that side of the tree is pretty much a no brainer. You essentially loose nothing (besides the needed passive points) while you literally get a 40% chance to avoid all incoming attack damage, be it physical or elemental, and a 30% chance to avoid all incoming spell damage, be it physical or elemental. Dodge operates the same way block does.. and in a build that has no block it plays a vital role to your defenses in my opinion.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 27, 2017, 5:41:29 PM
Hmmm, Resolute Technique to Phase Acrobatics is a far stretch, I had been hoping to avoid traveling that distance.... However it seems inevitable. Here's a revamp of the tree:

www.poeurl.com/bd1v

Also, the build that got me inspired to do Flicker Strike was one that traveled exclusively east towards the Ranger.

[Removed by Support]

Any thoughts on this fellows plan? (He has not responded to questions himself yet).
Well the build you've linked is for a critical strike flicker strike and for such a build i'd say .. .check my terminus est flicker strike guide.
Aye, I've seen that guide. These two builds look nothing alike however. So how do the two stack up? Who gets more survive-ability, who gets more crit, etc....
[Removed by Support]

Your edited tree looks fine to me though, but i want to point out something about Executioner and Wrecking Ball vs Razor's Edge and Blademaster if you decide to go with swords . And i want to mention that if you won't do a crit build the sword as a base is the inferior weapon.

Executioner and Wrecking Ball:
106% increased damage (+20% vs low life enemies)
16% attack speed

Razor's Edge and Blademaster:
117% increased damage
18% attack speed
15% chance to cause bleeding

Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 28, 2017, 3:52:03 AM
Also your asking him to compare some build to his own don't you think he'd be a bit biased there even though I agree with him.
"
LegacyKiller wrote:
Also your asking him to compare some build to his own don't you think he'd be a bit biased there even though I agree with him.

That would be absolutely true(even if i try to fight it) ^^ Though i want to believe that i can make a fair and objective comparison and i'm always open to changing my build to make it better !
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 28, 2017, 3:52:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info