[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

"
doug6809 wrote:
Is your listed damage tooltip or from out of game calculations? Just curious cause im making a similar build and want to check damage against yours.

Those were just sheet numbers with HoA, punishment and all flasks up. Now that I'm using flammability instead of punishment, I've these numbers:

Hideout with HoA and Flame golem only: 37010 dps Molten Strike
Added flasks: 58027 dps Molten strike
Fully buffed in map with flasks: 124230 dps Molten strike

In addition, I've 65% fire penetration now in total, so you can add x1.65 to that.
Concentrated effect doesnt reflect on the sheet dps either due to it only affecting the projectiles themselves (and reducing the AoE helps overlap).
This is also before Flammability, as the % more increase varies with the fire pen on the mob.

"
Karnivool wrote:

How does multistrike work with Molten Strike, does the ball hit then bounce up and hit again?

Multistrike basically just increases attack speed and repeats the skill twice after the initial attack, it does nothing for the projectiles
Last edited by krilox on Mar 23, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Added a gorge run, will update the shaper video kill with a faster one soon 😊
im running a raider variant, tbh i think cyclone is really unnecessary as i could just leapslam into the pack and molten strike everything to death, i found it alot faster too
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Mar 24, 2017, 4:38:28 AM
"
69wanted69 wrote:
im running a raider variant, tbh i think cyclone is really unnecessary as i could just leapslam into the pack and molten strike everything to death, i found it alot faster too

I did try using leap slam both to proc the axe and as a gap filler for molten strike, but it felt slower to me, could be the ascendancy. MS having such a small aoe also required alot of repositioning

Whats your setup if you dont mind mate? Just want to see if we're comparing Apples to oranges here

these, except i dont use conc effect on molten strike, the aoe is good without it. the concept is pretty much the same, and berserker get attack speed when hit so overall about 0.5attack time on leapslam?
if i get to do it again i would go berserker too as all the ms and stuff is kinda wasted, and 100% leech is just too good.

edit: oh yea if you dont mind me asking, if you dont use xoph's blood you only get 50% fire conversion on molten burst, how does that work lol
imo if you go fire pen, then you have to go 100% conversion to make all the ele pen worth it, and xoph's blood work well like that (its extra 10% pen with 20% more fire damage dealt when mob is covered in ash)
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Mar 24, 2017, 8:22:35 PM
Interesting.

How does ngamahu proc interact with molten strike orbs? Does the axe proc once per meatballs or every meat ball can proc the axe ? Not very familiar with ngamahu TBH.
Hello, I've been checking my molten burst dps in the character tab, and seems like added fire damage is on par with elemental focus when socketed on the axe. I've switched to added fire damage (instead of conc effect or elemental focus) so there is some ignite (not often but bonus).

Is there a bad reason for not taking conc effect or ele focus?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
Interesting.

How does ngamahu proc interact with molten strike orbs? Does the axe proc once per meatballs or every meat ball can proc the axe ? Not very familiar with ngamahu TBH.

no, read molten burst skill, only proc on melee hit, so the first stage of melee hit of molten strike procs molten burst, the projectiles does not. the idea of using molten strike is so the projectiles of molten strike gets the benefit of scaling and so does molten burst, therefore have insane single target damage.(where as cyclone dont)
multistrike autolocks target so the melee hit will proc molten burst, and faster you hit, the more chance to proc it.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Mar 24, 2017, 8:32:17 PM
"
hyukin wrote:
Hello, I've been checking my molten burst dps in the character tab, and seems like added fire damage is on par with elemental focus when socketed on the axe. I've switched to added fire damage (instead of conc effect or elemental focus) so there is some ignite (not often but bonus).

Is there a bad reason for not taking conc effect or ele focus?

as you said its's bout the same, so dont really matter ( burn is nice tho)
conc effect is good when you doing single target as it makes the projectiles drop closer together making them aoe overlap, but it feels bad when mapping.
I've been dying quite a fair bit tier 8-9 maps, I don't have the flasks, do they make the big of a difference?
Last edited by cudders on Mar 25, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info