[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

"
Freya98 wrote:

whats rmt? ive got some exalts cause i was able to find and trade some decent rares/uniques. the only things i really needed for this build were ngahamu and xophs. i was playing berserker anyway.

i would have dropped arctic armour in case of using ele weakness. then id have 70% mana reserved.
even if a +1 curse xoph's would be offered for trade, i wouldnt be able to afford it, thats why i was more focused on whisper of doom, but i lose quite alot of life for the 5 skill points, so i think its not worth it.

btw i was testing ele overload by watching the buff in the left corner in the screen while mapping. i tried it on a blue hydra map. i can only keep up ele overload if im mapping like a race car without picking up anything. then its possible to keep it up cause it procs unreliably and u have to hit permanently to be able to keep the buff up. the onslaught buff procs much more often than eo and is easier to sustain. eo is up while facetanking the guardian, if i had to dodge and run all the time it wouldnt be possible to keep eo up. i facetanked and melted minotaur and hydra - havent tried phoenix and chimera yet, but i think i wont be able to facetank phoenix. i tried using ice golem and a diamond flask, but it didnt make a noticeable difference. the focus on the clearspeed is the only thing that made a difference.

i stopped using blood rage cause it caused more problems than it helped. used vaal haste instead, but i cant keep it up all the time and besides recasting it inside the mobs causes a delay that isnt worth it. imho keeping it for the boss isnt worth it either. i tried rallying cry and enduring cry afterwards, but both of them were quite useless.

eventually i added a golem instead. i added a lightning golem to my cwdt setup, cause its more dps than the flame golem and helps u proc eo more often than the ice golem.

i tested cyclone, sweep, cleave, earthquake, sunder and infernal blow for mapping. sweep was probably the fastest with the most aoe, but the dmg is too low for t11+ maps. btw i get stuck with cyclone way too often if its not a wide open map. its not so easy to recognize every single rock on the ground... im using molten strike for single target as well as for mapping now.

i tried dying sun as well. imho inc aoe + dying sun works quite good with molten for mapping. you neednt stack molten projectiles to oneshot the mobs. i tried the overflowing chalice, but it isnt really worth it. if u keep up the clearspeed u can also keep up the flask charges without it. atm i prefer basalt of heat over toh for the freeze immunity - if im running t15+ maps im switching dying sun for toh for the extra dmg mitigation though.

overall a very nice build! im still not convinced that eo is better than rt + primeval force. if u pick rt + primeval force and drop all notes after rt u can pick the life notes around constitution instead and then ull have more life than before as well - even if u have to pick hard knocks for int and diamond skin for res. eo is way too unreliable and depending on speed consistency, making it only outstanding in optimal circumstances. and thats not hypothetical, cause im testing it myself :)

/edit: i saw a molten strike berserker with point blank support instead of ele focus support. is ele focus in this setup better than point blank? i mean we r using point blank in the skill tree, so it cant be wrong using point blank support gem. the question is what provides more dmg? i dont trust the tooltip dps. its 40% projectile dmg vs 50% ele dmg or 50% projectile vs 60% ele with quality gems.

nope,nope,nope,nope and nope
you do NOT DROP AA because it helps you survive, it chills enemy when they hit you and also reduce damage taken (notice it works like basalt flask) so you don't die to high phys/ fire burst which is happening all the time, this is not an option, without AA you're going to die alot more
YOU WILL DO 0 DAMAGE WHEN DEAD OK? DEAD
and as i said EO IS ONLY USEFUL IN DOING BOSSES WHO LIVE LONGER THAN 8 SECOND
WHAT TEST WAS NEEDED HERE?
like seriously I tried reason with you and you keep throwing these nonsense at me, wtf?
WHEN MAPPING IT DOESNT MATTER IF EO IS UP OR NOT EVERYTHING DIE IN ONE HIT ANYWAY.
ALSO YOU ALREADY HAVE POINTBLANK ON TREE WHY ARE YOU USING THE GEM WHEN THEY DONT STACK IT LITERALLY MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE. YOU CANT BE WRONG USING IT? WTF HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING ON
EO IS NOT USELESS ITS LITERALLY A EXTRA GEM LINK HOLYSHIT DUDE
WATCH THE VIDEOS AND TELL ME WHICH BOSSFIGHT HE HAD NEVER PROC EO THE ENTIRE FUCKING FIGHT
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 10, 2017, 2:02:30 AM
dude chill, i didnt know point black from the tree doesnt stack with point blank support gem. i missed that one sentence on poe wiki...

can i trust the tooltip dps that lightning golem provides more dmg than the flame golem...?
Hi guys
the char is very strong when boss doesnt move and let u just spam molten strike, can face tank anything that way, all other guardians i kill no problem

I have had lots of problem with the Chimera fight though
the adds just kill me all the time and the smoke phase is luck dependent for me
the adds kill me with ranged (2 shot me) before i get close etc, adds leap jump actually 1 shot me and i have 7.4k hp. the boss himself is easy, just the adds everytime when im trying to get close to hit them i die, tried to use leap etc still.

any tips for this build vs chimera?

my tree: RT

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPEhAAB2BS0HdQ48D6sTTBQgFE0UcRR1FSAWvxfhGJEZihm0IVUiryP2JIsmlSb4Kjgs6S2DLlMwdzJ-NZI4UzpSPC09_ECgR35Nkk4yUEdVS1hjWf5br14TXz9hUmHiZFJlTWebaGVyqXTtdqx253h6eu982X11ggeDX4PMhMWE2YTvhmCGs4dqjM-NfZcGm7WjiqTCqSeplK4-tz6747yfvTa-p8CmwaPDOsSixPbGrsbYz37Tb9N-2L3ZfNrB3D3dDeJh5FHqGO4O7w7vTu968932SPaj9zL46_xL_gr-uhbpIZAkN1_QmFe_COoQ-F8AAAAAAA==

Last edited by sivertry on Apr 10, 2017, 7:29:46 PM
I used to have the same problem against chimera. I died few times too in strand too to random explosions while leveling. So i decided to ditch kaom for a socketed armor. I can't live without cwdt-immortal call setup.

Well since i already bought a socketed armor, why not just 6 link my cyclone.
6 linked cyclone will incinerate trash mob instantly to the point where sometimes i had mana problem even inside the breach. 6 link is not necessary, but since we're killing guardians and shaper, everyone should be able to afford it at this point.

So this is how i do deathless chimera with my current gear. Do not use your flasks during the entire fight. Save Life and Quicksilver charges for the smoke phase and bleeding. Keeping the other 3 flasks full means faster recharge on your Life and Quicksilver flasks. With 6 linked cyclone i spent more time waiting for the gate to open than actually killing chimera's minion during the fight. That feeling when you hear the glorious sound of immortal call activating.

Overall huge improvement on my QoL. I'm sitting at 6800 life right now, will reach 7000 at 94. I felt a lot safer despite having less hp.

Edit:
One more thing, do not engage him in the middle of the map if you're expecting smoke phase. When you're done with his minion, run towards top right and fight him there. That way you can just run in a straight line and not having to choose between 4 different direction.

Last edited by Fluffymonkey7 on Apr 11, 2017, 12:01:17 PM
So I am loving this build so far.. the damage for map clearing with cyclone is perfect when you add it with the boss killing ability of Molten Strike.

One issue I have is of course the INT requirements. Needing to get some on your pieces is not the worst but it isn't the best, I was wondering how most of you guys are getting it done? Rings?

I took out the Blood Rage gem and threw vaal cyclone down in the other 4 link so now one is blasphemy > flammability > herald of ash > vaal cyclone. (I know Herald and VC don't benefit) This frees up a 4 link because I hate Blood Rage and would prefer not to use it at all.

Without Blood Rage I now use this CWDT setup CWDT > Immortal Call > Inc Duration > Summon Ice Golem. Not needing to recast this fucker after he dies 100 times is awesome but I have some questions about the setup overall. I thought about using Molten Shell but armor isn't that good and we aren't stacking it much anywhere else so would it be worth to switch Ice Golem to Molten Shell? Is it worth getting something like The Red Dream Crimson Jewel for endurance charges?

This build is tank enough when you are cycloning because you can't be stunned but how to you stop from getting stunned when you are using Molten Strike? Would it be beneficial to go to Unwavering Stance? I feel like the build could use more defenses as I have gotten wrecked a couple times by corpses exploding under my feet while cycloning. Any thoughts?

My gear is in my profile the character name is Pole_Spinner. The rings are absolute trash and will be replaced as soon as I can sell some things. Also going to buy some triple resist boots to make up for the loss of resists after I bought some good damage gloves. Need to wait and see how much Int I can get on my rings + dmg with the minimum amount of resists I need to protect against Ele Weakness.
Last edited by Hostility00 on Apr 13, 2017, 9:11:06 AM
Can somebody tell me how important the physical damage roll on Ngamahu's Axe is?
ok i farmed all guardians several times so far and when u know how to do them, they are just a joke for this build.

im killing all guardians deathless in a couple of seconds except for chimera (takes longer coz of the phases, but also deathless), even if they have triple dmg mods lol...

ive never done guardians and shaper before and i have big issues against the shaper. the dmg is enough, but im too stupid to dodge his attacks... i guess i wouldnt be able to do shaper with any build cause u have to dodge his attacks with every build eventually... i think ill just have to practice to improve...

havent tried uber atziri yet, but i guess ill have to practice more against atziri, cause sometimes i die against her 1-2 times, cause i dunno which ones the mirror or where to go and when to go where ^^

/edit: path of building told me that atziri's disfavour = more dmg than ngahamus flame. adding the average molten burst dmg from ngahamus flame atziri's dmg is only slightly higher, but with atziri's the lifeleech is much better and the initial hit hits much harder.
path of building told me that added fire dmg sup = more effective dmg than fire pen sup except against guardians and shaper (dunno for uber atziri)!
but if ur playing with cyclone for mapping ngahamus flame is way more effective!
Last edited by Freya98 on Apr 14, 2017, 2:13:30 PM
@krilox : why not using "Fury Bolts" anymore in your passive tree ? it looks good and he used it on your outdated PoePlanner tree link
(cc @69wanted69 idea ?)
Last edited by KaothKodex on Apr 14, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
"
Freya98 wrote:
ok i farmed all guardians several times so far and when u know how to do them, they are just a joke for this build.

im killing all guardians deathless in a couple of seconds except for chimera (takes longer coz of the phases, but also deathless), even if they have triple dmg mods lol...

ive never done guardians and shaper before and i have big issues against the shaper. the dmg is enough, but im too stupid to dodge his attacks... i guess i wouldnt be able to do shaper with any build cause u have to dodge his attacks with every build eventually... i think ill just have to practice to improve...

havent tried uber atziri yet, but i guess ill have to practice more against atziri, cause sometimes i die against her 1-2 times, cause i dunno which ones the mirror or where to go and when to go where ^^

/edit: path of building told me that atziri's disfavour = more dmg than ngahamus flame. adding the average molten burst dmg from ngahamus flame atziri's dmg is only slightly higher, but with atziri's the lifeleech is much better and the initial hit hits much harder.
path of building told me that added fire dmg sup = more effective dmg than fire pen sup except against guardians and shaper (dunno for uber atziri)!
but if ur playing with cyclone for mapping ngahamus flame is way more effective!

the point of using ngmahu is so you can proc molten burst, idk what your problem is trying to use other axes, your "average damage" is literally saying every 5 hit it proc once, which doesnt even make sense as you're assuming your chance being a fixed number, also did you take in account of extra 6hit (9 hit with dying sun) ngamahu provide per second? life leech is higher?wtf you have 100% leech pretty much all the time why would you need higher leech if you can leech back all your life in on hit, did path of building also tell you that? probably not huh?
path of building is not everything, please just play the game and stop using that program to compare everything. if you're gonna use path of building to make theoretical gameplay then why do you even play the game.
by your logic a mirroed axe would be bis.
oh yea please tell me how you reach 100% phys to fire conversion without ngmahu axe on cyclone? nice 50% damage
(you have avatar of fire on amulet, you only do fire damage and read what aof does, you literally just cut your damage in half and path of building is telling you its better, see where im going with this?)
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 15, 2017, 6:07:26 PM
"
KaothKodex wrote:
@krilox : why not using "Fury Bolts" anymore in your passive tree ? it looks good and he used it on your outdated PoePlanner tree link
(cc @69wanted69 idea ?)

what, he has it on his tree, idk what you're talking about
edit :if you're talking about on his char, he prob needed some skillpoint elsewhere, but his proposed tree does have it.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 15, 2017, 8:18:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info