[2.6] zSavage's Beefy Meatballer (dual BLS molten strike Berserker) - EO, MoM, VP, PB, Acro

Hello guys.

I was playing BLS and done all content I wanted with it. Now I'm selling all of the gear cheaper than I bought, and everything is awesome. Drop me a whisper in-game!

IGN: DuckingPunches

As i wanted to try out one of the BLS builds, i decided to stick with your tree because it sounds interesting to use MOM. In theory, we can proft from a lot of nice synergies that support that playstyle. As you mentioned, beserker gets 1% mana leech (which is huge) for free. Besides a high life pool with VP there are nearly no other forms of mitigation. When travelling to EO, MoM is in a nice place, so that travelling to EO is not that much wasted.

However, i decided to try a slightly different skill tree than yours:

1) I grabbed quick recovery. While the increases in life are not that effective, it gives us also a slight amount of mana regen, wich is nice for MoM. Travelling there is already done.

2) I spend two points into primal spirit. Once again, mana regen is good to have and it also gives us 20 strength, which makes the two points not wasted THAT much :). Together with quick recovery i have a good amount of mana regen, even after receiving hard hits i can still sustain mana costs of Molten Strike most of the time.

3) I am using a black sun crest. Not only it gives us a good amount of strength, it also gives +1 to socketed gems. With a level 3 enlighten (which is only about 20 chaos when already corrupted) that goes up to level 4 in the helmet and frees up some additional mana. Once again, that synergizes well with MoM. I'm using Blasphemy + Flammability and Herald of Ash.

Here is the tree i plan to use:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOcBCwBxxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZkVHMtHr7oUymuBFnVNSly1JT7yqpwgVUNgkVkjFiny7OtgnL5BVGjjsOIV7ZlSCm3flPC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9NZK18ngNwBpvO6lud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqd1y-piGbQtgxUg73rdDVuvFHWkwjqz0359df66u-PEopcGGYrDOio4m7WExSSLD6sWvyaVYeIknWJa7g5W-n8r_W5-3Xj5jbkj9k2SjX2bWDH7PO8YXTB8d9fjn2egh3ZKfQAAAAAA

Unfortunately it loses some jewel sockets above your tree and i also skipped acrobatics. However, i am only level 70 right now, so things might change.

This is the gear i am currently using:

Spoiler

This is far from being optimized yet, i just grabbed what was laying around.

I am still not sure about MoM and EO. In the end, it might be better to just use RT and skip the pathing to EO. hHat would free up a lot of passive points. It is very hard to get accuracy on gear. RT would make gearing that much easier...
Last edited by Sollkomol on Apr 28, 2017, 3:28:46 AM
"
Sollkomol wrote:
As i wanted to try out one of the BLS builds, i decided to stick with your tree because it sounds interesting to use MOM. In theory, we can proft from a lot of nice synergies that support that playstyle. As you mentioned, beserker gets 1% mana leech (which is huge) for free. Besides a high life pool with VP there are nearly no other forms of mitigation. When travelling to EO, MoM is in a nice place, so that travelling to EO is not that much wasted.

However, i decided to try a slightly different skill tree than yours:

1) I grabbed quick recovery. While the increases in life are not that effective, it gives us also a slight amount of mana regen, wich is nice for MoM. Travelling there is already done.

2) I spend two points into primal spirit. Once again, mana regen is good to have and it also gives us 20 strength, which makes the two points not wasted THAT much :). Together with quick recovery i have a good amount of mana regen, even after receiving hard hits i can still sustain mana costs of Molten Strike most of the time.

3) I am using a black sun crest. Not only it gives us a good amount of strength, it also gives +1 to socketed gems. With a level 3 enlighten (which is only about 20 chaos when already corrupted) that goes up to level 4 in the helmet and frees up some additional mana. Once again, that synergizes well with MoM. I'm using Blasphemy + Flammability and Herald of Ash.

Here is the tree i plan to use:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOcBCwBxxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZkVHMtHr7oUymuBFnVNSly1JT7yqpwgVUNgkVkjFiny7OtgnL5BVGjjsOIV7ZlSCm3flPC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9NZK18ngNwBpvO6lud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqd1y-piGbQtgxUg73rdDVuvFHWkwjqz0359df66u-PEopcGGYrDOio4m7WExSSLD6sWvyaVYeIknWJa7g5W-n8r_W5-3Xj5jbkj9k2SjX2bWDH7PO8YXTB8d9fjn2egh3ZKfQAAAAAA

Unfortunately it loses some jewel sockets above your tree and i also skipped acrobatics. However, i am only level 70 right now, so things might change.

This is the gear i am currently using:

Spoiler

This is far from being optimized yet, i just grabbed what was laying around.

I am still not sure about MoM and EO. In the end, it might be better to just use RT and skip the pathing to EO. hHat would free up a lot of passive points. It is very hard to get accuracy on gear. RT would make gearing that much easier...

Interesting setup, I myself am investing a bit for MoM myself and have mana flows along with Quick Recovery, even running clarity.

I do agree with the consideration of potentially dumping off MoM/EO side of the tree, and getting RT. From there just try to get more life, and attack speed or any form of extra fire/elemental damage. RT is very tempting as despite having a decent EO proc rate when I got CWDT+Blade Vortex+Inc Crit Strikes, it's still not too reliable.
Yeah, even with T1 Acc on my gloves i am not able to proc EO constantly, there are always some seconds without it. That means that i definitely need more acc on at least one, better on two of my rings and need to grab more skill points that also give %acc.

Without EO i would do something like this:

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOsBCwBzxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IAcqn3MnzZxYp8u3flOtgnL5BVGjjE9uw4hXtmVIKbwQR5aKluwBp4DbXyNZLYvW87PC2DX1ivNugB5xRN_Eu8nxiRpzCfy4ZgIq84U3bnd-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqd1y-piW68UdaTCOrN311b6fyv9bn7dePmNuTB8jX0j9k2SUUeNv9QjN9TtPwW16NbN6psm3UZjpxGBIurDOio4m7WExSSLD6sWvyaVYeLjn2egh3ZKfY1-QzG3ttrBdO0FLUz_TioAAAAAAA==

This would give me some options:

I would skip Heart of Oak and go for Unwavering instead. That would give a huge quality of life to the build. When there is no more need for Heart of Oak, i would travel along the right side of the tree. Acrobatics is now easy to pick, also it brings us near to Forces of nature. This would result in more penetration and also the +30 strength node can now be picked up. Unwavering brings us very close to Lava Lash. This is a very efficient notable, actually too good to bypass it.

Didn't made calculations with POB, but i am very sure that this tree would result in more consistent damage and it will be also a lot easier to gear for. But however, this would be a complete different build than this, which utilizes MoM. When picking up MoM, going for EO should be a nobrainer because of its efiicient pathing.

"
Sollkomol wrote:
Yeah, even with T1 Acc on my gloves i am not able to proc EO constantly, there are always some seconds without it. That means that i definitely need more acc on at least one, better on two of my rings and need to grab more skill points that also give %acc.

Without EO i would do something like this:

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOsBCwBzxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IAcqn3MnzZxYp8u3flOtgnL5BVGjjE9uw4hXtmVIKbwQR5aKluwBp4DbXyNZLYvW87PC2DX1ivNugB5xRN_Eu8nxiRpzCfy4ZgIq84U3bnd-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqd1y-piW68UdaTCOrN311b6fyv9bn7dePmNuTB8jX0j9k2SUUeNv9QjN9TtPwW16NbN6psm3UZjpxGBIurDOio4m7WExSSLD6sWvyaVYeLjn2egh3ZKfY1-QzG3ttrBdO0FLUz_TioAAAAAAA==

This would give me some options:

I would skip Heart of Oak and go for Unwavering instead. That would give a huge quality of life to the build. When there is no more need for Heart of Oak, i would travel along the right side of the tree. Acrobatics is now easy to pick, also it brings us near to Forces of nature. This would result in more penetration and also the +30 strength node can now be picked up. Unwavering brings us very close to Lava Lash. This is a very efficient notable, actually too good to bypass it.

Didn't made calculations with POB, but i am very sure that this tree would result in more consistent damage and it will be also a lot easier to gear for. But however, this would be a complete different build than this, which utilizes MoM. When picking up MoM, going for EO should be a nobrainer because of its efiicient pathing.

I actually decided to import my char and ran it with his current MoM EO build, and ran a copy with a RT version with a tree identical to the one you posted and changing up the golem from Ice (MoM+EO) to Flame or Lightning Golem around level 19, either works but Lightning seems to edge it out for Golems on the DPS amount.

At least according to PoB, my current setup has 80% hit, 10% crit (it's a bit easier to proc EO when you got Blade Vortex and Inc Crit Strikes, but it's only reliable to get EO when on top of a bunch of mobs). I guess the question becomes, exactly how important that 40% elemental damage EO is if you can proc it enough.

But for overall values, does seem like your variant might be better at least for consistent dps in both melee hit and ball damage. This being purely on my current char:
- 113k effective dps on magma balls for MoM+EO version (not certain if EO is actually factored into this though)
- 147.9k effective dps on magma balls for RT version
Last edited by reciprocate on Apr 29, 2017, 12:19:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info